6.09 - The Prodigal Daughter Returns
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 04:59:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 105723 Members
Latest Member: KBaskett

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.09 - The Prodigal Daughter Returns
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: 6.09 - The Prodigal Daughter Returns  (Read 63257 times)
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2007, 06:53:22 am »

Spaghetti!!! soooooo funny April is craazzyy!!!
if only he'd told her straight away!  Sad

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Beky
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

Forever L&L

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2007, 12:15:36 pm »

A very good moment when Lorelai and Rory hugh each other.very cool

Beky =)
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:01 pm »

love this episode
there back together!
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2007, 04:35:49 pm »

I hate the way luke handled the april situation... He was all like, no secrets to lorelai and then keeps that a secret? so stupid

haileyerin
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2007, 04:29:29 pm »

Just re-watched this episode and I've figured out how I feel about April.

I can't stand that character. She's the kind of character on television shows that makes tired of television. She's exhausting and sure, she talks quickly and is arguably witty, but she's OBNOXIOUS about it. And she tries too hard and treats Luke like he's a complete idiot later in the season. Like when she comes to the diner and Luke asks if she wants to color. "Hm...coloring. I haven't colored in about six or seven years." Okay, well you're brilliant, then? What are you doing in your free time? Splitting atoms? Being boring? Rory was the same kind of smart, but at least she had the personality to go with it. Rawr.

okay, done.
JMARCH
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 26, 2007, 09:38:05 pm »

I hate the way luke handled the april situation... He was all like, no secrets to lorelai and then keeps that a secret? so stupid

It just wasn't the right time to tell Lorelai. She was so happy about everything being okay between her and Rory. It would've been selfish of Luke to tell her then.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2007, 05:22:34 am »

Just re-watched this episode and I've figured out how I feel about April.

I can't stand that character. She's the kind of character on television shows that makes tired of television. She's exhausting and sure, she talks quickly and is arguably witty, but she's OBNOXIOUS about it. And she tries too hard and treats Luke like he's a complete idiot later in the season. Like when she comes to the diner and Luke asks if she wants to color. "Hm...coloring. I haven't colored in about six or seven years." Okay, well you're brilliant, then? What are you doing in your free time? Splitting atoms? Being boring? Rory was the same kind of smart, but at least she had the personality to go with it. Rawr.

okay, done.

I totally agree. She trashed Luke. He was trying to be a Dad, something he's never done. And the hard part is he had to start with a 12 year old. She made Luke look really stupid. And I hate that, because Luke is not stupid. He's one of the most beloved characters on the show. Like you said, he'd suggest something like coloring and she'd turn it down obnoxiously. I mean, she could have given the guy a break. Plus, I'm 12 and I color. I mean, c'mon. It doesnt make you 'uncool' to color. Adults color for God sakes!

& you're right Rory does have a personality. And all April is, is well, a wannabe. I dont know she just reminds me of a wannabe Rory. I dont know why. Just putting that out there. Haha.

~ September. Star

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2008, 04:22:37 pm »

Definitely a brilliant yet interesting episode but one that definitely shook things up.

Rory and Lorelai getting back together in the end, that was great.  After all that time of estrangement and everything, it was hard to watch.  Now, they're back together and it's a relief.  Plus, Rory stepped up to the plate and got herself a job and going back to Yale. 

Though how Richard and Emily responded to Rory, moving out, was not shocking but Emily's emotions believing that it's her fault was hard to watch.  I don't think it's her fault, she was misguided and she nearly repeated the same mistakes again.  Emily breaking down was sad because of who she is, a woman who doesn't really do anything but organize parties and such.  Yet, it's strange now because in Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8, her character has some major growth.  Emily Gilmore in Season 8 is more driven than ever largely because of Lorelai's independence as she had the idea of expanding the Dragonfly Inn with a spa and Lorelai, reluctantly, decides to collaborate with her.  Plus, Emily rediscovers some old passions like poetry, dukes it out with Taylor Doose over the import of Canadian dirt in the most recent episode, and gains respects for Luke.

Christopher, man he ruins things and he's always a threat to Luke.  I can see why Luke is uneasy and it's never going to be easy.  It was a funny conversation about how he told Lorelai about having a conversation with no secrets.

Well... that was brief because of a young girl named April Nardini.  Ok, that was one weird-ass helmet.  I know there's a lot of people that don't like the character and even though it's the first episode where I see her in the show.  I do see it as a plot/character device for Luke.  We hear him wanting kids and such as if he's living in a fantasy of sorts with Lorelai.  Once this young girl appeared, reality crashed down right at him and when he realized he's the father.  It had to shock him.  How else would he expect to learn that he has a 12-year old daughter he never knew about all those years?  April's reaction, I think she's just as confused herself and is trying to figure things out like any smart-aleck kid.  She doesn't know who this man is or what she wants.  I don't think she trashed him.  She doesn't know what to do.  I wouldn't go as far as say that she's mini-Rory but someone who is smart and driven and unlike Rory, at least has a father who wants to be with her all the time unlike... Christopher. 

April in Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8, does appear in a few episodes where in 8.03, she was the first major argument Luke and Lorelai had when they both realized, the argument was over something totally ridiculous as April was extremely happy to see her dad with Lorelai.  Two episodes later, Luke goes to New Mexico to visit her as Anna gives him a hard time about how he's spending time with her and his relationship with Lorelai.  In the Thanksgiving episode, April visits Luke and Lorelai and manages to impress Richard while Lorelai fawns over her while dealing with Rory's absence.  There's a funny moment about April wanting to call one of her friends where Lorelai tells Luke it's about a boy where Luke kinda freaks out.  In the Xmas episode, Rory returns while there's a glimpse of what I like to think as the family that every GG fans wants.  Luke, Lorelai, Rory, & April all spending the holidays eating multiple meals like the season 3 Thanksgiving Episode.  In 8.17, April visits and freaks Luke with a new look and attitude where she becomes a more, fully-developed character as a girl becoming confused with her identity and trying to conform with high school kids where she tells her father about it which shows how bad her mother's move to New Mexico is. 
ShelbyGG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2008, 12:13:51 pm »

FAVORITE EPISODE OF LIFE!!

The last scene where rory and loreali reunite in my favorite scene of all time!
Makes me cry everytime! LOL
AzurePlatina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2008, 03:59:17 pm »

Just watched this episode.  Really good.  I love it how Rory finally is getting her act together.  So what if one person tells her she wasn't cut out to be a journalist?  That is one person.  She's going back to Yale and returning to her normal self.

Although Emily can be sometimes annoying, it was sad to watch her reaction to Rory's depature.  As Lorelai said, it wasn't like she lost Rory.  Rory was just going back to what was going to happen anyway.  She also didn't lose Lorelai, otherwise Lorelai wouldn't be standing in that plane with her.

After what Chris did, I can understand why Luke would be so uncomfortable with Chris.  I do kinda feel sorry for Chris.  Because what Emily did, he's isolated himself from Lorelai and Rory.

April ... goodness, it must be difficult for Like to finally discover he's a father.  I mean, sure, he isn't telling Lorelai yet but I think he is still trying to absorb it.  I have read opinions and only saw April in one episode, but she's ... I dunno'.  I just don't like her character.  She seems like Rory, but I could easily see her talking condescending to Luke and treating him like he's a moron, which he's not.  But from comments in the thread, I can easily see that happening (mind you, just up to this episode).

Just as things get better, they have to get worse ... I guess.

gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2008, 04:38:44 pm »

I was sooo happy to see lorelai and rory reunite!!! i made me sooo just omg! Chris  finally calls it had been forever!!! and rory pissing off emily was good and bad kind of in between.

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2009, 04:15:33 pm »

So glad the GG's finally made up and Rory is getting her life in order, wish she would dump CRAPburger Jr. too

hope Luke tells Lorelai about his creepy kid soon, otherwise he's a MAJOR  hypocrite.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: