7.06 - Go, Bulldogs!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 07:24:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115137 Members
Latest Member: leardroW

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.06 - Go, Bulldogs!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print
Author Topic: 7.06 - Go, Bulldogs!  (Read 55131 times)
room_eight
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2006, 05:45:00 am »

Yeah I know....it's really disappointing but I'm hoping that things are off right now because L/L are apart and maybe things will get better when/if they are back together. Like it wasn't supposed to make sense that they were apart so that was reflected in the writing that things don't feel the same. We'll, see.

That makes a lot of sense. Especially since alot of the crap comes out of the Lorelai/Chris banter that just doesn't work. Luke needs to be there to like nod and roll his eyes to make the show work.
Canuck
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2006, 08:06:42 pm »

I'm sorry, but, I'm liking this season. I don't find it boring or dragging or lacking anything really. The show has changed - yes; but, the characters have changed; they've gotten older and their lives a little more complicated.

This episode: What happened at the end? My VCR stopped recording when Chris and Lor showed up with coffee and doughnuts at the Yale newspaper.

'I am having a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt. WHO would like a Gooseberry and Cinnamon yogourt?
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2006, 10:10:01 am »

About this whole blue ribbon, pink ribbon, whatever ribbon stuff…

I don’t have any problem with people making analytical, thoughtful complaints.  For a long time the writers have (a) not watched their own show and thus written huge contradictions to plot and character and (b) created completely contrived events to force plot/drama.  So there’s been plenty to complain about for a while, not just this season.

What I do have a problem with (and I THINK this is what the people who go “gah! Quit complaining!” are responding to) are the complaints that lack any substance.  Ex:  “Where are Babette, Jackson, Mrs. Kim, Paul Anka, Andrew, Gypsy…?  DR is ruining the show by not having them around!”  “There were NO pop culture references, this show us completely going downhill!”  “Where’s Lane’s baby?  These writers suck!”

It sounds like these people are trying to find something wrong with the show.  When I read those comments I feel the urge to go back to some random past “good” season and count how many times certain characters showed up to say “Look, first of all, those characters are the supporting cast, not the main cast.  That means they only show up once in a while.  Second, Mrs. Kim was only in X episodes in season Y, so we’re pretty much at the same Mrs. Kim concentration this season too, quit whining.”  Or I get the urge to say “Yes there WERE pop culture references.  They either went over your head or you didn’t notice because the writing was so good it just blended into the conversation, unlike when DP would slap us in the face with his ‘look how many musician names I know’ game.”  Everytime I hear “Where’s Logan?” I shout “In LONDON” in my head.

I totally understand feeling nostalgic for old seasons and being bitter that the “flavor” of GG just isn’t the same anymore.  I definitely agree that the show is going downhill, but it has been going downhill for a while, and not for the reasons in the empty complaints.  It’s been going downhill because (a) somewhere along the way GG became popular with the teeny bopper crowd and the network/producers started catering to that new fan base and started dumbing down GG because they believed classic GG would be too boring and not exciting enough for this crowd and (b) because ASP somehow convinced herself and apparently everyone else involved with the show that if Lorelai got married to Luke too soon that it would be too tralala perfect and would quickly get boring so instead of realizing that watching Luke and Lorelai figure out being married and having a kid would be plenty exciting/funny/dramatic she decided to drag things out – basically she thought having L&L married would be jumping the shark so instead they threw in all these stupid contrivances (like Rory shutting out Lorelai, or April) that ironically left many viewers feeling like the show jumped the shark.

Also, in my opinion, this season is no worse (possibly better) than Season 6 which was under ASP’s control.  So I don’t get how people are so quick to say DR sucks and “bring back Amy!” when ASP wrote an even suckier season.

By the way, what I heard about Amy leaving wasn’t that the network callously fired them or that Amy was greedy and demanded more money or that Amy was sick of the show and wanted out.  What I heard was that Amy wanted a 2 year contract (seasons 7 and 8 ) in order to keep the show going at least that long, but since the actors were only contracted through season 7 the network didn’t want to have to be stuck with either negotiating with all the actors for an 8th season (in case some didn’t want to stay), being forced into an 8th season with just the producers and some of the cast (like That 70’s Show), or having to break a contract.  So they offered her a one year contract, and then I guess they were going to come back to the 8th season discussion with her along with all the cast.  But she stuck to her guns about 2 seasons and they stuck to theirs about 1, so instead we got none.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2006, 10:13:47 pm »

Maybe someone should open a thread about whether or not DR should be blamed for what people see wrong with the show?  Or, maybe that could fit into the decline of the show thread.

I agree that a lot of things that people blame on DR is merely him working with exactly what ASP left.  People don't really think Lorelai could sleep with Christopher at the end of season 6 and get back together with Luke at the start of this season, right?  That's a big old white elephant in the storyline that has to be dealt with.  Maybe ASP would have put them together early, but I think you could pretty much bank on Luke finding out and it causing a whole bunch of trouble, and most likely another break up before finally getting back together.  I don't know DR's (or ASP's for that matter) thought process, but maybe he thought it best to have it all out before putting Lorelai and Luke together, so that the fans of the relationship don't have to go through them getting together now just to break up again later.  It's also equally possible that if ASP hadn't written the events in Partings, DR might have never thought of Christopher and Lorelai having a relationship. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
lizriot
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2006, 07:52:17 pm »

How come an old episode from this new season just played on Tuesday? A'snd then another old 7th season episode is going to air this coming Tuesday?

It's weird. I noticed that Gilmore Girls didn't seem like the GG I'm used to...But it all made sense when I later found out that Amy Sherman-Palladino is no longer writing for the show. It is sad. What gets me the most is all of the witty dialogue that's missing. Also, the shots that are taken...some of them are just so open and empty; distant and meaningless.
rory101
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

♥Lorelai and Rory!♥

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2007, 07:10:30 am »

They need to start with the new episodes, i'm getting sick of the old ones!:)

♥I LOVE YOU MOM...
KID YOU HAVE NO IDEA!♥
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

Community Points: 77

Hi! I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Louisiana... I'm 21.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2007, 06:45:27 am »

I think that the new episodes will come after big events like the Superbowl are over... that way the ratings would be more accurate.

Logan: Thank you for being who I want to get out of hospital for.
I love Amber, Brenda, and Dayna!
I only like coffee with my oxygen.
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2007, 09:37:32 pm »

I know its weird, but I watched the rerun of Go Bulldogs last night and I liked it way better than the first time I saw it.  I think my first impression was skewed by my dislike of the L/C pairing.  Now that they are broken up, I could enjoy it, and even see that they were good together.  Very odd  Huh
ella
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2007, 11:16:15 pm »

Cheesy
That is odd, but somehow I don't think it's surprising.
emily #1
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2007, 03:34:10 pm »

yah it is odd. and i am not suprised.. i think rory was right telling his dad to stay away(i know that is a diffrent season)
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2007, 05:02:59 pm »

This is my favorite episode in this season so far even with the newest episodes I have no idea why. I think this episode was original, interesting, the characters were on spot, there were awesome references and Gilmorisms, Lorelai was hysterical, I felt sooo bad for Luke but at the same time I was laughing at him, one of the best Kirk scenes ever, and I even didn't mind Christopher in this episode too much. Still you can't help but think Lorelai would've had a MUCH better time if she had gone to the Yale parents day with Luke because at least he wouldn't of dragged her to a boring class and stuff.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Mon16
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2007, 02:10:43 am »

hey guys , this is my first post here , as u might know i'm a huge GG fan !!
anyhow what i wanted to ask is if some1 here has links to see Go bulldogs because in Belgium they are only in season 6..

please i cant find it anywhere and im going insaneeee !!

Greetz , Mon Kiss
BonVoyage1
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Seven Years in Love

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2007, 12:05:03 pm »

have you tried youtube.com

Rory: Look how you just said, "Luke can waltz."
Lorelai: What, I'm just saying, I'm surprised that Luke can waltz.
Rory: That sounded more like, "I'm surprised I still have my clothes on."
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2007, 08:03:02 pm »

I have NEVER been happier to see this episode than tonight! Smitten With "America's Got Talent" being the only show on right now I've been going crazy the past three weeks! Wall It was SUCH a relief to watch this episode tonight. It's still as funny as when I first saw it and I wasn't bored. It's just SP in the bathing suit really made me squrim and I had to change the channel during that.  Hidden SP is too much like a Dad on the show and it made me think of MY dad for a sec and it REALLY freaked me out.  Shocked Cheesy Ah, anyway... I love how wacky Lorelai is in this episode and her puns are hysterical. Thinking putting on a French accent means you can speak french. I actually don't wish to reach through the TV and strangle Christopher in this episode and even Rory's part wasn't boring. Plus we can't forget Kirk singing to Luke at the diner... ah, a Classic Kirk moment to top off this episode. I liked April in this episode too. When she laughed at Luke about the whole swimming lesson thing, I laughed with her too. Luke's date with that swim coach keeps reminding how amazing his first date with Lorelai was in comparison. When he groaned at the Vegan(sp?) menu and started scarfing down the pizza with April; I could see Lorelai's influence on him all over again. Being with her for so long rubbed off on him a little.

hey guys , this is my first post here , as u might know i'm a huge GG fan !!
anyhow what i wanted to ask is if some1 here has links to see Go bulldogs because in Belgium they are only in season 6..

please i cant find it anywhere and im going insaneeee !!

Here you go a link to the Season 7 downloads (in English though)
http://crazy-internet-people.com/site/gilmoregirls/dl-eps.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:08:50 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2007, 08:24:26 pm »

I watched episode tonight too.
And I remember when I first watched it, I hated it.
But now that I'm not analyzing it, it wasn't bad.
Lorelai still had her funny lines.
It still made me want to hate Chris.
All the same effects GG has had on me before!

But I have to disagree with you Jillian, Luke in a swimsuit was AMAZING.  Wink

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: