7.06 - Go, Bulldogs!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 08:51:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122613 Members
Latest Member: Uzkwozh

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.06 - Go, Bulldogs!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: 7.06 - Go, Bulldogs!  (Read 55987 times)
GG602
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:21 pm »

Mixed feelings about this episode.  It was definitely the kind of episode where nothing happens, and without it our lives would still be complete.  But, I think there were a few vintage-style GG lines ("Thank you, Riddler, we'll see if that logic still applies when I crash Grandparents' Day"). I think alot of the scenes dragged.  I don't know what else to say...

I would give you a proper hug, but my pockets are full of Applejacks.
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:33 pm »

this episode really didn't make me laugh. the funniest part was probably the 1st scene when lorelai called emily and pretended to be talking to the machine. but it did feel like  gg if youkniw what i mean.

lane is back!!!! she doesn't look pregnant at all.

that swim coach made me want to puke. she practically threw herself at luke. i'm glad luke won't continue the relationship. luke didn't even seem like he wanted to go on the date when he accepted...he was just going along with the conversation. luke without his shirt was worth the pain of seeing that swim coach

i was sad when kirk was thinking about breaking up with lulu...they are so great together. i loved how they showed luke looking at the 2 of them and kirk put his arm around lulu. is it just me or did they get a new lulu??

chris....arrrrggghhh!!!! i kind of felt bad for him when the dads were talking about their kid's school experiences and how they helped them. chris obviously looked uncomfortable but when i thought "aww chris didn't do any of that" i immediately thought "wait a sec, it's his own fault he wasn't there for that stuff". i didn't feel sorry for him anymore. it was cute how he was interested in the events and wanted to get to know rory's "friends", but he kind of pushed it.  

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Headliner22
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:44 pm »

Last weeks episode was better than they have been i actually liked it and that's probably because logan was back, but tonight! come on! what was up with that swim coach? i was bored and actually started flipping channels during gilmore girls that has never happened before! i am so tires of the boring dialogue and the way off beat characterizations! has any one else noticed the way that the characters all seem different and not themselves this season? rory had an entirely boring story line tonight i mean we all know she is a great editor move on it was a sorry excuse for an episode of gilmore girls, one last thing the aerie girls have no idea what they are talking about just a bunch of bimbos pretending to know anything about gg, well ok rant done
  PS lorelai and chris getting married you have got to be kidding me!
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 06:20:46 pm »

Okay, first Luke date is really ugly!! Not what I was expecting!! But he is sooo cute with april!! I wish lor could see this!

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
jgoggin
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 06:24:52 pm »

as in false
and utterly unbelieveable
theres really nothing happening
its only a bunch of jumbles snippets of random 2 way conversations
and every word lor speaks to chris... well it makes me want to... well basically.. change the channel
so so sad... there isnt any event that could re interest me
short of
amy returning (amy p)
milo returning
chad m m retuening
seth cohen (teehee) returning
or lanes band getting back together
and we know the odds of any of that...
oh... well id watch if logan or chris died... thatd be something...
bittter jilted jeff
bethany
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 06:27:05 pm »

Because I'm sure someone will also share this opinion-hopefully, and I don't sound silly...

But don't you think Rory already went through her "middle-life crisis"? Aka End of Season 5-Begining of Season 6?

Thanks to Simply Cynical for the sig!
cbreezy
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 06:30:18 pm »

Boo hoo. Sad  I only started watching last season and I look forward to it so much!  I don't know who they think they're kidding with tonights show.  Still like the quick wit but it feels empty.  I don't even want to see Lorali drudge through France with Chris.  He's boring.  L&L!

Cheers!
jgoggin
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 06:32:15 pm »

youre EXACTLY correct
the problem is...
that we all watched season 5/6
and the new writers seem like they havent seen a single episode at all
instead of continuing the story i feel like
they tried to start something new and
"make it their own"
but really this was amy's show
id rather it just ended than have this
i cant even bear to think how theyll end the entire series Sad
jeff
GG602
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 06:36:10 pm »

Because I'm sure someone will also share this opinion-hopefully, and I don't sound silly...

But don't you think Rory already went through her "middle-life crisis"? Aka End of Season 5-Begining of Season 6?

LOL, I am fairly certain that Rory did not already have a mid-life crisis. Mid-life crises happen at 40ish to 50ish, and usually involve people of those ages being in denial that they are getting older, and try to do stuff to help them re-invent their youth.  Wink

I would give you a proper hug, but my pockets are full of Applejacks.
jgoggin
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 06:36:19 pm »

that rorys grown up...
all of stars hollow feels less romanticised and kinda just like the real world
when it was a cute and quaint fairy tale of a town
but its not even that... because when amy p had rory lose her virginity
she made it feel right for the show
ever since the first uncomfortable scene of this season
its just like a bizzaro world version of iself
long time viewers will notice that the show is warped just enough to notcie
just enough to be very unsettling
so so sad
dartgrl4u
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 06:40:25 pm »

That is exactly what I thought too!

I agree with most people when they say that the show has gone down hill with the new writers and such this season, but these past two episodes have been a little better than the first couple were. I think so at least...

I wish so much that L&L would just get back together. I can't stand how serious Chris and Lorelai. are together. I like quirky Lorelai so much better. And what was up with Chris whining about how he felt bad that he wasn't there for Rory like the other dads were for their children at parent weekend? It's like, we know...you sucked as a father. That's your fault, don't try to make Lorelai feel bad for you. Maybe I'm being to harsh....but I don't like when grown men whine. haha

I liked that Rory was getting back to her old self though when she was getting uptight about the paper. I like worry-some Rory. She makes me laugh.
AbFab
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

AbFab Darling Ab Fab!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 06:42:25 pm »

I miss ASP!!!!!!!!!!!! This episode was the worst one ever!!!!!! Nothing was true to character. Luke was a total healthfood nut! He would never cared about eating pizza let alone sticky buns! Lorelai couldn't even get him to eat a french fry! The swim teacher was an ugly joke and that cheezy ending with the accapella Madonna song are you kidding me? Rory being a good editor-old news! I cannot stand it every time Christopher says Lor! ASP was not that lame nor predictable. Nothing flows this season at all! I have watch and rewatched seasons 1-6 and it flowed perfectly but nothing this season even makes any sense. It's like watching the show after missing an entire season and trying to catch up with what the heck is going on. The dialogue is weak! There were a couple of time I found myself even saying that out loud! I'm so sad. I truely loved this show and now DP has totally butchered it! And it seems like 9 out of 10 people on this thread agree!

Help mummy up, sweetie, I got my foot stuck below a chakra
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 06:43:30 pm »

Ugh, it's hard to write about this episode.  First because a lot of this is filler.  Second because I'm trying sooooo hard to refrain myself.  But, will try.

Okay, it was kind of clunky with Christopher happening to be in a situation where parents were all talking about helping their kids with their homework and soccer practices or whatever.  Sort of like, "Hey, viewers!  If you didn't know, Christopher was absent for Rory's childhood and he feels bad!"  But, he wasn't whining.  He was simply expressing regret.  Isn't it better that he does feel regret instead of not caring at all?  Maybe I'm crazy.

Lorelai works?  I thought she used the inn as her personal gabfest and coffee supplier.  I really hate that I have reason to snark on Lorelai, but I want to see her working.

Missed the dinner thing with the YDN staffers and I can't watch now because I'm watching House.  Will have more to say when I get the chance.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
jgoggin
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 06:43:44 pm »

about whining chris...
how about the other night when they went on their date
but were interupted and had to bail emily out of jail
and when they got to the porch chris tuened into a bay and was like...
"i kinda felt like our date got overshadowed by the jail thing..."
ugggggg  how annoying not to mention unattractive
chris = ick
especially now that hes all rich
bleck
KristinMUM
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 06:44:01 pm »

I thought the episode was OK.  I want to see what the problem is with Chris and Loralai.  The opening dialogue was really good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: