Cool Cats (Babette and Morey) - Cinnamon would have wanted it that way
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 06:57:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109333 Members
Latest Member: JSturgill

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Cool Cats (Babette and Morey) - Cinnamon would have wanted it that way
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Cool Cats (Babette and Morey) - Cinnamon would have wanted it that way  (Read 20402 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 643

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 10:50:32 pm »

This thread definitely needs some more love.  I'll see if I can get things started with another Sally sighting ...  Hearts

As I was stopping into my local postal store this afternoon, I spotted our very own Babette getting out of her car.  I've seen Sally at the postal store a handful of times before, so it wasn't a big surprise.  (I held the store's door open for her as she was walking in because she was carrying a rather large package -- she thanked me.)  We both went about our mail business and ended up walking out of the store at the same time.

In an attempt to get a little Gilmore scoop, I did my best to chat up Ms. Struthers:

Heidi:  Excuse me, Ms. Struthers ... I'm a big fan of Gilmore Girls.  Is there any chance for a TV movie?
Sally:  I don't know.  They don't tell me anything! (laughs)
Heidi:  Well, I really enjoy your character on the show and hope to see more Gilmore in the future.
Sally:  Thank you, sweetie.  I appreciate that.  It's nice to hear.

The end.

~Heidi

Random:  The one thing I noticed most about my encounter was that Sally's voice is nothing like Babette's.

Flame    Flame
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 01:03:55 am »

Cool!!! I love Babette's character. Funny that her voice is not the same  Cheesy

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Setrix
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 11:09:17 pm »

Babette's voice is incredibly unique and I like it a lot!

That only makes me wonder though, what does Sally Struthers sound like then, Heidi? I'm curious to know why she uses a different voice on the show (that is, if she even does that on purpose!)

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 11:13:43 pm »

Babette's voice is incredibly unique and I like it a lot!

That only makes me wonder though, what does Sally Struthers sound like then, Heidi? I'm curious to know why she uses a different voice on the show (that is, if she even does that on purpose!)

She definitely does it on purpose because the two voices are so distinctly different.  Babette sounds like a character (not as in a TV character, but as in someone who is a character ... meaning, they have a lot of pizzazz and personality) and Sally sounds more like a real woman.

~Heidi 

Flame    Flame
Setrix
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 11:56:01 pm »

"Sally sounds more like a real woman," haha, I like that a lot!

Well the way she makes herself sound definitely suits her TV character. Way for her to add in the voice to kick up her performance a notch!

Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 01:57:47 am »

Yep, very good of her!!!!!  Cheesy

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 08:30:47 am »

This thread definitely needs some more love.  I'll see if I can get things started with another Sally sighting ...  Hearts

As I was stopping into my local postal store this afternoon, I spotted our very own Babette getting out of her car.  I've seen Sally at the postal store a handful of times before, so it wasn't a big surprise.  (I held the store's door open for her as she was walking in because she was carrying a rather large package -- she thanked me.)  We both went about our mail business and ended up walking out of the store at the same time.

In an attempt to get a little Gilmore scoop, I did my best to chat up Ms. Struthers:

Heidi:  Excuse me, Ms. Struthers ... I'm a big fan of Gilmore Girls.  Is there any chance for a TV movie?
Sally:  I don't know.  They don't tell me anything! (laughs)
Heidi:  Well, I really enjoy your character on the show and hope to see more Gilmore in the future.
Sally:  Thank you, sweetie.  I appreciate that.  It's nice to hear.

The end.

~Heidi

Random:  The one thing I noticed most about my encounter was that Sally's voice is nothing like Babette's.
Way to go Heidi!  I think you should carry a digital recorder with you at all times, so next time we can all hear what the real Sally sounds like - out of character!  LOL!  I'm shocked you didn't have at least your camera with you ... come on' Heidi, you're slipping.  Wink[/color]

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 03:30:55 pm »

You know what, I think I'm gonna move to where you live, Heidi. Cause you get to meet everyone AND you have great interviews! I can't believe you stayed so calm when you talked to her. I would start gushing about GG and screaming. Next think you know, she'd run away from me!

ANYWAY... Congrats on meeting her!

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 05:58:55 pm »

That's awesome!

And the voice thing is weird because Babbette has such a distinct voice.

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
kim_gilmoregirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 04:48:36 pm »

Babette and Morey are adorable. When they had their funeral for their cat, they really showed they loved each other.

Dave & Lane. < 3

Logan & Rory. < 3
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 04:19:13 pm »

Just spotted Sally Struthers at my local postal store.  I tried to take a camera phone photo, but failed.  Per usual, she was friendly and chatty with everyone.   Hearts

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Literati147
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 03:40:40 pm »

I always loved Babette and Morey, they were always the safe place to go on Gilmore Girls.  They would always love each other, always be funny, and always be a great addition to the show.
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2007, 05:39:30 am »

I never really got how Babette and Morey got together. He seems like the deep quite person and she is someone who loves to... babble. But somehow they worked. it's strange how both of them share an equally great love for cats. It was sweet the way they stood outside looking at the stars in their cat's awake. We haven't really seen much of them together but when we did it always seemed in nice loving way.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 05:44:23 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 04:48:03 pm »

I love Babette and Morey.

I once saw something really old on TV with Sally Struthers in it and she was so young and pretty...

Stay cool

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: