Tristan Dugray / Chad Michael Murray Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 02:58:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Tristan Dugray / Chad Michael Murray Appreciation
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Tristan Dugray / Chad Michael Murray Appreciation  (Read 18616 times)
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:41:37 am »

I noticed there wasn't a thread for Tristan Dugray. I personally think he's reeeeeally hott. ANYWAY... he treated Rory like a toy but he actually had a crush on her. Like, that kiss by the piano actually meant something. To him, she wasn't just a girl. He wanted her to know that he's more than just the player and the King of Chilton. I really appreciated that but I hated how Rory always treated him with disgust. I don't blaim her but those PJ Harvey tickets were good and she blew him off... in a mean way.

But, I also don't like Tristan cause he always had a "flavor of the week". It was kinda disturbing. I'm in for all the 'badboy stuff' but not the players. He was always making out with someone against the lockers and I found 'rondiculous'. I just hated how he thought he was soo hott [which he was] and superior.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:00:54 pm by Heidi » Logged

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:42:58 am »

awesome idea for a thread and I totally agree.

He is hotter than hot... babelicious.  lol I love that word

Co-Creator of the Middies

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:50:42 am »

Is this a thread for positive and negative feelings towards the character?  Because I don't have any positive feelings towards the character, but if they're out of place here I won't post them.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:53:52 am »

well it just says discussion but it is up to Courtney

x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:56:09 am »

Umm.. my name is Pri.

This is just a discussion, positive AND negative feelings.

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

1orelai
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 10:57:46 am »

OMG I am so sorry Pri.  I feel so bad please forgive me  andy way lets get back on topic. 

Well I only have positive things to say I love Tristan

safran
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 10:59:44 am »

I didnt like him but most people find him handsome...

He treated rory like she s a slut like his old girl friends ... he forced her to do things but at last when she told dean that she loved her for the first time tristan felt bad and left the scene:P

he was in one tree hill after GG if anyone dont know Tongue

I am you and what I see is me...
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 11:03:54 am »

Yeah, I'm inlove with One Tree Hill.

I just felt a small chemistry between them... Rory felt it, too... Only a little, though. Cause she kissed him back at that party... but, I hated how he flirted and made it sound like she was an object. But, if you look past that, you can tell that he had a crush on Rory and flirting was the only way he could talk to her cause she made him nervous.

There's 2 ways to look at this... the way he had a crush on Rory and the way he treated her like an object and always had a "flavor of the week".

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 11:53:56 am »

Okay.  This is all my opinion and my view of what I saw on the show.  Tristan was a sleazy, slimey, self important, shallow excuse of a person.  And, since they managed to give some depth to Paris back in season one when she appeared about the same amount as Tristan, I'd say that was his character, not his amount of time on screen.  Tristan didn't like Rory.  He liked the idea of girls falling all over him, and when Rory didn't, he couldn't accept it. 

x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 12:04:38 pm »

"Guys want what they can't have." I learned that from John Tucker Must Die. If you play hard to get or if you don't want that guy at all, the guy will try more and more to try to make you fall for them. Next thing you know, you'll just be Tristan's "favor of the week!"

miloismine
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 03:30:27 pm »

I thought he was alright.

I think they basically took a lot of Tristan's personality traits and gave them to Logan

Milo <3
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 04:15:27 pm »

I think they basically took a lot of Tristan's personality traits and gave them to Logan

I think a lot of people agree, but I don't see it.  To me, even when Logan was just a recurring character he had more depth.  To me, the only things that Logan and Tristan have in common are they're blond, rich, and popular.  I don't see Tristan having intelligence, a sense of adventure, or even a sense of recklessness that I saw in Logan from the start.  If I were to compare Tristan to anyone, I'd say he was more of a male Louise.  And, about the worst thing to be said about Louise was she was vapish and perpetually bored, but wasn't really that bad.  So, I'd say Tristan was a worse version of a male Louise.

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 08:57:12 am »

Tristan was never the nicest towards Rory but the night of Madeline's party in the piano room I saw a different side of Tristan. He let everything go and talked normally to Rory. Rory always looks for the best in people and that night she found it in him. His crush for Rory was real and the look on his face when Rory got back together with Dean said it all; he was disappointed and kind of heartbroken. Look past the many girls, the money, and the snobbery, and you can see a boy with an innocent crush.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 09:06:16 am »

That's what I thought, too! At Chilton, you only here him as the 'player'. All the girls wanted him except Rory! You might THINK that he only liked her cause she didn't like him but... it was obvious that he liked her. Go to any site, it didn't say anything about Tristan liking Rory cause she didn't like him. It was a real crush. That's why he always flirted with her... and the PJ Harvey tickets! That wasn't lust. At Madeline's party, when Summer broke up with Tristan, he felt a LITTLE down. Then, by the piano, when he kissed Rory, it showed he really liked her. "Did I do something, did I bite your lip?" He really liked her. People who think he did it cause he was a player... that's not really right. That could be an opinion but he reeallyy liked her. The player thing could be true if no one knew why he wanted her. But, they said in the show, like really clearly, that he really like her. Obvious.

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 11:04:08 am »

Any site as in fan site or official site?  The sites aren't going to say he likes her because he wanted a trophy.  Or that he had a real crush.  (I mean official sites with the actual writers telling people the characters motivations.  Fan sites are people just like me, so their opinions have no more or less validity than mine)  They're not going to spell out every single motivation of the character.  I base my observations on what I see on the screen.  And, could you explain how it was obvious that he liked her, because I watched and it wasn't obvious to me at all.  Because he kissed her?  You don't have to like someone to kiss them.  I'm sure players kiss girls all the time.  Because he asked if he bit her?  She was crying.  Not the normal reaction to a kiss.  If I kissed someone and they burst into tears, I'd be pretty curious.  Wouldn't necessarily mean that I had deep feelings for them. Did he ever say the lines "I like you, and I'm serious, it's not just a game" or variations to that effect?  Even then, I'd have to watch and decide for myself if he seemed sincere.  Did ASP write a disclaimer somewhere saying that Tristan actually liked Rory?  (Even if she did, that wouldn't be the ultimate answer, because I believe characters take on a life of their own and the audience helps to create the character as much as the writer -or, everyone would agree on a character because they would view the character exactly like ASP wanted)

This isn't something that can be proven as fact.  People who see a crush towards Rory are using their interpretations of what they see.  Just like people do when they assess people in real life.  Just like I'm doing.  I mean, two people can know someone in real life and have totally different ideas of what kind of person the third person is.

And, the PJ Harvey concert really doesn't convince me.  He was cocky and rude and tried to railroad Rory into going out with him.  Wouldn't take no for an answer.  Assumed that there was no way anyone would say no.  To me, that says, "I don't like to be refused because I'm used to getting my way" not "I really like you and want to spend time with you." 

When I look past the snobbery and the girls (I don't consider being rich a character flaw, so it's not something I need to look past) and the "you're stupid if you don't think I'm the greatest thing in the world" attitude, I see nothing.  Beyond that, there's no Tristin, because he's not anything else.  Again, in my assessment of the character.  He had one moment of decency in The Breakup, but it's a small drop in an ocean of jerkitude, so the jerk is the ultimate picture I have.  Look how he taunted her about the kiss in Run Away Little Boy, always coming just this close to making her think he was going to tell Dean, despite her asking him not to. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: