7.05 - The Great Stink
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 01:24:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 99439 Members
Latest Member: FHsxSHijro

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.05 - The Great Stink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: 7.05 - The Great Stink  (Read 62026 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 643

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2006, 12:38:32 am »

The Great Stink: Lorelai and Christopher attend Friday-night dinner as an official couple, but have an argument when he announces he's granting Sherry's request to let Gigi stay with her in Paris; Logan surprises Rory when he returns home for business, but during a dinner with his colleagues, she feels threatened by his attractive coworker; and a train carrying pickles derails and makes Stars Hollows one smelly town.

Flame    Flame
bribribooboo
Town Resident

Community Points: -8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 09:26:23 am »

i cant wait for tonights episoede!!!!!

yo
AbFab
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

AbFab Darling Ab Fab!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:58:32 am »

I can't wait either...the TV previews last night were pretty intense. I saw that Rory had died the tips of her hair RED...very strange and out of character for her to do that. I'm wondering if that was one of her "new friends'" ideas. Glad to see Friday night dinner back but I hope to see either more of Stars Hollow with Lorelai in it interacting as before as well as I'm still waiting to hear more about the RORY GILMORE ASTRONOMY BUILDING or whatever subject they chose to use the funding for!

Help mummy up, sweetie, I got my foot stuck below a chakra
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:11:47 pm »

This episode is bound to be a great one. The promo was cool. I'm still wondering if we get to see Gigi though.  Smiley

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
jayde
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 05:56:42 pm »

I just saw today's ep. Since many haven't seen it yet I won't say anything except the ending made me laugh! Pickles! Grin

Oh, what is going to happen with this season... it's hard to tell what Lorelai's relationship outcome will be at this point.
j3zzzi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 06:03:02 pm »

I just finished watching...

and I really am beginning to not like this season.
Last episode was fine. I thought things were looking up, but not really.

Things in this episode weren't really good at all.
I can't really explain why - it's boring... The whole Sherry thing just seems unnatural.
And Laine? What happened to her? They announced she was pregnant - and she hasn't appeared the last few weeks.
Things just seem out of focus... I don't know, a lot of you probably disagree.

To be honest, the only episode that was able to draw any emotion inside of me was the season premiere.
All of that after, I just sat there watching the TV... Maybe a smile here or there, but that's it.
newllfan
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 06:08:40 pm »

AHHHHH  i do NOT like this show anymore, i started watching when my sister's got seasons 4 and 5 on dvd (both seasons were GREAT), i watched those,and then picked up when season six premiered......since season 6 premiered it has gone DOWNHILL... i hate what they have done to luke! he's acted like a jerk on occasion, but didn't deserve what Lorelai did.    I just hope that the direction they are going right now as far as Lorelai's lovelife, is not the way they plan to keep it.  Sad  ..also  not seeing enough of luke! Sad

I love Luke&Lorelai!

i mean...come on ...who puts their four year old on a plane to paris to stay with a woman she doesn't even know??  who even considers that??

i did like the pictures on the cell phone scene at the end Smiley LOL

i agree with you j3zzzi  .....very little smiling going on!  and won't be till she's back with Luke!
mo-gilmore
Town Troubadour

first crush: Lorelai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 06:12:10 pm »

Yeah, who puts his four year old on a plane..I agree.  and throughout the seasons if Lorelai has expressed anything to christopher, his first reaction is to snap at her.   That really makes me mad Angry

x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 06:14:42 pm »

Hmm... I'll put this in simple terms.

Lorelai's being... Lorelai.
Chris is being dumb.
Rory is being love-sick.
Logan's being sweet/oblivious.
Sherry's being irretable.
Emily&Richard are being talkative.
And the new producer is repeating lines from the previous seasons.
"Who'da thunk it?"
IT'S OVER USED! GET A NEW LINE!
The ending made me laugh, though.
And pickles... haha, pickles...

This season is being total sucko.

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
WrittenStars
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 19

I demand everyone to read Twilight...now!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 06:18:16 pm »

Gosh, I'm so disappointed in this show! Before, I would laugh and actually pay attention to what was happening, now i'm just staring at the screen with no emotion. It's really sad.
And its true, I miss the characters, like Paris, Lane, and Luke-they only showed him ONCE in this eppie! How could they!
And the whole Chris/sherry/paris thing...Dont send Gigi! It's Sherry's fault that she's hasnt been in contact, and what kind of dad would send their child to another country to a woman she hasnt seen in years with a 25 year old!!! Craziness!!
Sooo disappointing! The show better pick up soon, or i'm out... Cry

"A match made in Heaven"
gilmoregirlslover8
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 06:18:50 pm »

I do like when Chris and Lorelai were fighting cuz I don't want them together.  Then they worked it out Sad  Yeah why would you put your 4 year old on a plane with the nanny to go see sherry who gigi doesn't even know!!  I did like it when they were looking at the photos of Emily on Lorelai's phone that was funny.
I was happy to see Logan come back I just wish he would have came back just to see Rory and not for business and he should have told Rory that Bobbi was a girl so she wouldn't have been so shocked when she got to the resturant!  I think the whole pickle thing was kind of stupid it didn't really have anything to do with the story line!  

I want to see more Luke back with Lorelai and Logan back home with Rory!!!

~Keri

Gilmore Girls will never be forgotten!!
gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 06:19:41 pm »

where is lane??? thats all i want 2 no..

and its totally sad w/ the luke and lorelia thing
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 06:20:24 pm »

x_ch0c0, I totally agree with you. But I'm especially happy with the first one. Lorelai wasn't herself last season, I missed the outspoken, bold, witty Lorelai, and she seems to be back this season. Lorelai put up a very good argument, seriously. Sending a 4 year old to another country to visit someone she's never even met? Is Chris totally oblivious? I hate that Rory is being so lovesick over Logan. It's not her, she's supposed to be the independent, I-don't-need-a-guy-to-be-happy girl. What has happened to our Girls these last few seasons?

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
            I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
mo-gilmore
Town Troubadour

first crush: Lorelai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 06:26:16 pm »

I loved how emily was enjoying dinner and the night, than Lorelai started to kick into her comments at the end.  That was funny
jayde
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 06:29:30 pm »

I think a lot of java junkies won't like this ep based solely on the fact that things are still looking favorable for L&C. I  was surprised yet happy Chris came around so fast after the argument. I guess I'm just feeling it's about time we see some maturing in the characters emotional lives. Yeah the idea of sending Gigi off to Paris, without him, to be with his bail-out mom is dumb. I'm glad it didn't take him several episodes to get that. I was about to thunk my head when I thought Lorelai was going into silent mode about her feelings again but she decided she could be open and speak her mind about the issue. Good! Finally! I'm not a big fan of characters that repeat the same mistakes for eternity.

There is a post I read here that discussed that the behavior Luke showed after the lovely entrance of April wasn't as atypical as people say. I really need to search back and find it because there are a lot of things that happened in previous seasons that shows Luke is the type of guy to give and support the woman in his life but not want her helping with his problems. Lorelai isn't the kind of woman that can live with that. It may not be what a lot of people want but, throwing the guts of the L&L relationship into analysis has to be done or else this is just another happily-ever-after, unrealistic show.

I understand that it was hinted since episode one that Luke and Lorelai would be together, but I also know that someone that seems perfect and "destined" can turn out to be not the right person after all. I was a big L&L fan for a while, but now I'm just watching to see what happens. It doesn't bother me who ends up with whom as long as it is realistic and isn't way out in left field. I guess ultimately, I just want Lorelai sincerely happy. I've grown quite fond of the gal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: