6.04 - Always a Godmother, Never a God
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2014, 08:09:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 99664 Members
Latest Member: EdwardMi

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.04 - Always a Godmother, Never a God
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 6.04 - Always a Godmother, Never a God  (Read 13779 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 04:19:00 pm »

When Sookie and Jackson decide to baptize their kids, Sookie sees it as a perfect opportunity to reconcile Rory and Lorelai by asking both of them to be godmothers.  The plan backfires and Rory takes off on a spur-of-the-moment vacation with Logan, who is feeling some family pressure.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 07:32:11 am by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
nikki

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 03:03:18 pm »

I don’t think I hate Logan.  I don’t think Logan is perfect, wonderful, and dreamy.  But I don’t hate him and I don’t blame him for Rory’s behavior (she’s an adult, right?  And makes her own decisions, right?).  However, I do think I dislike him, but not due to his own merit.  I’m pretty much disapproving of everything Rory is doing right now (dirty!).

So when Logan was gruff with guests at Grandma’s house, and when he just invited people (one of whom she didn’t even know) over to Rory’s “place” without asking and just started drinking, I mildly had a problem with that.  The first is rude, especially when he is so good at and experienced with the fake chit chat, butter them up, sort of talk.  But the second was just disrespectful.  And I think it sets a tone for how he views the relationship, simply because that is how he views all interpersonal relationships (look at how he interacts with his family and friends).

I said I mildly had a problem with his behavior.  That is because I strongly had a problem with Rory’s behavior.  I’m tired of her weak backbone “I just don’t want anyone to be mad at me” attitude.  I can understand it in certain social situations (like seating Shira Hamburger in a future episode) because there are certain times when it is not a good idea to stand up and make a fuss.  But in personal situations, it is important.

Do I think what Logan did was terrible and he deserved an a$$ kicking?  No.  But just going “oh, ok” is going to be a problem.  It sets a pattern.  How much do you want to bet that he is going to escalate this “walking all over Rory” little by little, such that when something big happens and she actually says something about it he says “you never minded before.”?  Well, maybe I wouldn’t want to bet a lot, but I would bet something.

Does she have to say something aggressive in that moment?  No.  Perhaps when he said he invited them over, and “that’s cool isn’t it?” she could have said “well, I don’t have much choice about it now, so we’ll talk about it later.”  And at a later time, simply say “I’m not mad you did that, I understand now that you were upset over your discussion with your dad.  But for future reference, I didn’t appreciate it.  It made me feel uncomfortable and taken for granted, even if that’s not what you meant by it.”

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
chadwicked
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 06:51:46 am »

do you guys remember bo? he actually was in an episode when Sookie was pregnat with davey. then he came back in this episode and remember when he said to the reverand, "satan can kiss my a$$." funny stuff.
chadwicked
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 06:54:57 am »

what she's doing is wrong though, (whoever posted that i forgot her name) it makes the show more exciting but she did it once with dean and you know how bad she felt. or how dean felt CHEATING on his wife
KeenKitty13
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Life is NOT a circus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 04:11:37 pm »

Rory Dirty?  Come on!  I remember being a squeky clean book worm in a small town when I went to college suddenly I was like....Hey Reading is SEXY!  Especially when boys do it!

The studly men who love Rory for being Rory arn't bad influences.  People have t make their own decisions in life and growing up is one of the hardest..and YES that may include hot boys and s-e-x.

Don't be sp priggish!

KeenKitty

lau88
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 02:34:20 am »

What did sookie name her children here in Australia they have stopped it before she had the first child.
Thanks
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 08:43:09 pm »

It was a good try thats all I can say

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
dancer1012
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 08:45:59 pm »

What did sookie name her children here in Australia they have stopped it before she had the first child.
Thanks

I don't remember what her second child's name is but her first sons name is Davie

*~*Mary*~*
<3 In love..
Lorein_ARG

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 06:04:51 pm »

Sookie's children are Davey and Martha...
Hey I missed Luke this episode!! Why wasn't him at church? But i loved when he was choosing Lorelai's dress for the baptism. He was looking at her as saying "Everything looks perfect to you!"

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
dancer1012
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 06:50:16 pm »

Sookie's children are Davey and Martha...
Hey I missed Luke this episode!! Why wasn't him at church? But i loved when he was choosing Lorelai's dress for the baptism. He was looking at her as saying "Everything looks perfect to you!"
Thank u that has been driving me crazy for days

*~*Mary*~*
<3 In love..
Lorein_ARG

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 04:53:14 pm »

You're welcome! To add some details, I think that Davey is the oldest one and is Rory's grandson.

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
dancer1012
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 09:21:24 pm »

You're welcome! To add some details, I think that Davey is the oldest one and is Rory's grandson.
HE was because it was when they came back from Europe and that's when Rory took Jackson didn't want to know and he had the button but Lorelai wanted to know and Sookie had the shed full of little baby boy stuff

*~*Mary*~*
<3 In love..
landalookalike
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 11:41:51 am »

When Sookie and Jackson decide to baptize their kids, Sookie sees it as a perfect opportunity to reconcile Rory and Lorelai by asking both of them to be godmothers.  The plan backfires and Rory takes off on a spur-of-the-moment vacation with Logan, who is feeling some family pressure.

there goes sookie again trying to be SUPER FRIEND!! i liked this episode tho.........it gave good hope that they'd reconsile!!!!!!! Cheesy and they did Grin!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW NITE!! ! THE PERFECT DRESS IS ON!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Grin Smiley Cool       
 Kiss m.j.

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!
jjeanie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 10:40:14 am »

Meeting Jacksons' family is excellent along with all the comments Michelle has to say about them! How funny is he!
Michelle:'They are moochers. they go supermarket hopping to gorge themselves on free samples and get their perfume from magazine inserts. You can recognise them from the papercuts on their wrists'
.....'his family's arrival is imminent.. so i'm off to nail the furniture to the floor.'

Kat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

That Hamster Was Defective

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 02:11:01 pm »

When Jackson complains that he has to get baptised as well notice the woman in the backround. She's wearing the same thing that Sookie is. Notice!!!! haha!

Are they different?
Different than what they’re nachos.
You used baked chips.
What?
You did, didn’t you? You used baked chips and lowfat cheese.
I did not use lowfat cheese.
Ha!
How can you tell?
Ha!
They taste the same!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: