What other TV shows do GG fans watch?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:58:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What other TV shows do GG fans watch?
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] Print
Author Topic: What other TV shows do GG fans watch?  (Read 423806 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: July 09, 2015, 06:06:05 pm »

You must track down White Collar.  I think if I were to pick a favorite dreamy actor, mine is Matt Bomber.

Umm, I know Matthew Bomer, I think I would faint if I ever met the man, so damned hot! We watched the first season of White Collar but it just wasn't holding our attention (it's really hard to follow the plot when you are hypnotised by those eyes!)

B xxx

Well, then you will love this story.  A mama friend I made online when pregnant with Andrew (yes I confess, I was cheating on the org at a mama forum during that time.)  She has twins and they have had a few acting gigs. In fact they were in an episode of The Americans (I did watch a few eps to see them.)  AND they were also in Winter's Tale and Matt Bomber was their daddy!  She has pics of them with him and talk about JEALOUS.  I have to admit it, I was a little sad he is gay, it sort of ruined a little of the crush for me.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 09, 2015, 07:07:59 pm »

You are looking at it all wrong, the fact that he is gay is the only reason he is not with you Nod if he was straight you would have a problem!

I love The Americans, haha! I have seen your friends baby!

I'm sure she had to be close by on set too which would have been a terrible experience!

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 10, 2015, 11:22:37 am »

I have turned into such a tv nerd. I don't even know why I still have friends - when do i get time to see them? just kidding. But seriously, i'll tell you something embarrassing - I even have a word document with all the shows i watch, telling me which episode i am on and when my shows will come back on air.

So out of the many shows I watch, let me just name my favourites

Grey's Anatomy - has always been one of my favourite TV Shows
Mc Leods Daughters - watched it at the same time as Gilmore girls, to get my Aussie cowgirl fix
Pretty Little Liars - I  know it's a show for teenagers, but it's my guilty pleasure, and Emily Fields  Hearts
Switched at Birth - in other news: I started learning Austrian Sign language a few weeks ago and love it.
The Fosters
Finding Carter
Lost Girl
Chicago Fire

Started watching suits last week - already on season 3

oh and to mention GG related stuff:
I watched Prenthood and Bunheads. Of course it was hard not to see Lauren Graham as Lorelai. Bunheads didn't impress me too much, but i quite enjoyed Parenthood, even if I think Lauren's character didn't have enough depth as some of the other cast.

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: July 26, 2015, 01:28:03 pm »

My escape this week has been Psych ... I have needed the humor and it has been a great place to rest and relax.

I have turned into such a tv nerd. I don't even know why I still have friends - when do i get time to see them? just kidding. But seriously, i'll tell you something embarrassing - I even have a word document with all the shows i watch, telling me which episode i am on and when my shows will come back on air. 

Nothing wrong with that, you are just being organized.  I know there are apps for that, unless of course you are admitting that you have created your own spread sheet for keeping track of all of your shows. Is it like a good reads for tv?  I notice that I either watch shows or I read. It's hard to do both.

So out of the many shows I watch, let me just name my favourites

Mc Leods Daughters - watched it at the same time as Gilmore girls, to get my Aussie cowgirl fix

ah yes, I was trying to remember the name of this one.  I sure enjoyed watching it and I think I watched all of it. The strong women were great and I've always found life on a ranch fascinating.  The constant hard work amazes me, but I doubt it would ever be my way of life. I'm the city girl who enjoys brief vacations in the country

Started watching suits last week - already on season 3 
I have watched much of that but the recent season or so just started to bore me, when the entire season was on the same internal fight .... it just lost me. Constant anger, just not relaxing to watch anymore.

oh and to mention GG related stuff:
I watched Prenthood and Bunheads. Of course it was hard not to see Lauren Graham as Lorelai. Bunheads didn't impress me too much, but i quite enjoyed Parenthood, even if I think Lauren's character didn't have enough depth as some of the other cast.
It took me a long time to warm up to Parenthood.  I wasn't a first season fan, but I really really got into the plot line with Max.  I could really relate to his mom dealing with Max and ALSO her political background

Bunheads was all right, I wish it would have had more time ... but it was what it was.  I was not a fan of the man actress, I felt like she was trying to be Lauren.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 26, 2015, 03:46:38 pm »

Nothing wrong with that, you are just being organized.  I know there are apps for that, unless of course you are admitting that you have created your own spread sheet for keeping track of all of your shows. Is it like a good reads for tv?  I notice that I either watch shows or I read. It's hard to do both.

It took me a long time to warm up to Parenthood.  I wasn't a first season fan, but I really really got into the plot line with Max.  I could really relate to his mom dealing with Max and ALSO her political background.

Bunheads was all right, I wish it would have had more time ... but it was what it was.  I was not a fan of the man actress, I felt like she was trying to be Lauren.[/color]

Marlies we have calendar reminders of when shows return from break and lists of what episode we are up to... It's the modern way, haha!

I have to own up to something here. I never watched beyond the first episode of Parenthood, haha! I think I watched it with Jason and he was really not into it and we didn't pursue it any further. It's not often that we watch TV separately (and when I do I have other guilty pleasures that take priority), we only have one TV and I don't tend to watch on other devices so we are limited to shows we both agree on. If I ever have the opportunity I may give it a go.

I was however able to squeeze in Bunheads (it worked its way into my guilty pleasures) which I quite enjoyed, it felt very Stars Hollow so it was like picking up an old book and viewing it from another perspective.

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
LoveTheGilmorisms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: August 10, 2015, 10:57:19 pm »

I purely watched parenthood when it was on for Lauren Graham. I love it when I watch Lauren's events for things completely non- Gilmore related like her In guys and dolls, parenthood, her book, and a single mention of Gilmore & the crowd goes nuts. Gilmore made her, and fans will continue to watch her acting in anything because of it, (and obviously for her talent)  Smiley As far as parenthood goes, I loved the first couple of seasons but grew bored when the scenes between Sarah and amber lessened. Those two together were awesome. Not saying the rest of the cast couldn't act but in my opinion some of the other characters personalities were irritating and sometimes to the point of obnoxious (Kristina & Jasmine)

LoveTheGilmorisms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: August 10, 2015, 11:03:08 pm »

On a side note it seems I'm about 5+ years too late in joining this board lol, I can't find any posts made after 2010. Sad
HELLO OUT THERE *echos*

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: August 12, 2015, 10:00:02 pm »

Yeh we are working on a revival but it just isn't sticking.

You should have seen it back in the day! We had parties, swapped presents, had award ceremonies...it was a hoppin' little venue!

I personally have met two other members and from what I know there is actually a couple who met on here Smiley

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: