Richard Gilmore / Edward Herrmann Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 11:38:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Richard Gilmore / Edward Herrmann Appreciation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Richard Gilmore / Edward Herrmann Appreciation  (Read 16852 times)
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 02:08:14 pm »

Yeah that too. But that makes sense, I mean, his beliefs are much more similar to Emily's than Lorelai's. He's proud of her daughter but he doesn't  agree with everything she does. 

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
gilmore#1fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

i forgot that pillows dont have to smell like feet

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 03:11:10 pm »

i agree about the pride thing and having a better relationship with his daughter they have no idea what lorelai does for them like when she broke up with digger which was great i didnt like him he was.....i dont know i didnt like him any way she broke up with him because he was going to sue richard and that says alot because richard thought she didnt care about what happened to her family as long as nothing happened to her boyfriend which was naiive on his part sometimes i wish they would open there eyes and see there daughter

" i am saving myself for William Holden"- Lorelai

"When are you going to let your parents know you listen to the evil rock music"- Rory
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 03:15:20 pm »

I know what you mean. Lorelai respects her parents more than they think. Even more than she thinks.

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
gilmore#1fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

i forgot that pillows dont have to smell like feet

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 03:19:51 pm »

i think she knows that she would do any thing for them its just there past is so sticky it is hard for her to show them that partly because they wont let her

" i am saving myself for William Holden"- Lorelai

"When are you going to let your parents know you listen to the evil rock music"- Rory
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 08:47:58 am »

I thought this was very funny and didn't see anywhere else to stick and I wanted to let everyone know cause I know the fold here will appreciate it. I was sitting in the room with my boyfriend yesterday and we had the TV on, it was the TNT afternoon movie Overboard. Well for those who don't know Ed Hermann plays Goldie Hawns husband in that movie. So we are sitting there watching to movie and my boyfriend just busts out with "It's so weird to see Richard like that". Gilmore Girls has won! He has come over to my side! WooHoo!!!

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 11:06:48 am »

I love that movie! It is weird seeing Edward Hermann in that movie. He has a similar role in that Catherine Zeta Jones and George Clooney film. George is an attorney and Catherine is a gold digger, Edward plays one of her rish husbands I think. But I can't remember the movie's title. Laws of Attraction? Something like that.

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
1-1-1-1-1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 04:02:02 pm »

EDIT: I just saw it, I think that other thread can be seen as the JJ thread for Emily and Richard. So this thread can still exist.

There's actually a shipper name for Richard and Emily as well: The Reconcilers (RE) Wink

And yeah, Richard's great, loved him last night. His facial expressions, when Lorelai said, she has pictures of Emily in jail.. wutthhh .. priceless Cheesy

miloismine
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:20 pm »

I thought this was very funny and didn't see anywhere else to stick and I wanted to let everyone know cause I know the fold here will appreciate it. I was sitting in the room with my boyfriend yesterday and we had the TV on, it was the TNT afternoon movie Overboard. Well for those who don't know Ed Hermann plays Goldie Hawns husband in that movie. So we are sitting there watching to movie and my boyfriend just busts out with "It's so weird to see Richard like that". Gilmore Girls has won! He has come over to my side! WooHoo!!!

yeah i saw that movie not too long ago too!

It's funny because he is like 20 in that movie but he still looks like a grandfather to me! 

Milo <3
GG-Phanatic
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 07:31:48 am »

I can't believe that I didn't see this before. Richard is overlooked so often by fans and by the show itself. But I really appreciate him as a father like figure and a grand-father like figure. And anyone who can be married to Emily for as long as he has deserves a medal of honor!

~ Perfect Couples! ~
<3 Chris & Lorelai <3
<3 Logan & Rory <3
<3 Richard & Emily <3
french1016
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 54

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2006, 07:55:58 am »

I love Richard, his and Rory's relationship reminds me a lot like my grandfathers and mine. I used to love when I was little just to hang out with him. My mom  I am sure felt like Lor and wanting to say that I didn't have to but just like Rory to me it was fun. Back to Richard though, the way he agrees and disagrees with Emily all at the same time. His frankness but at the same time polite so you can't get mad. Well I just like Richard I guess.

Darcey
LM225
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 08:26:42 am »

I've been watching the first episodes of Gilmore girls on ABC Family, and it's interesting how much Richard has changed.  Of course every character has changed and developed since the first seasons, but Richard's demeanor has changed completely.  In the beginning, he read the newspaper during drinks, he fell asleep at the dinner table, and he wasn't as nice as he is now.  Friday night dinners seemed annoying to him at first, and he was only interested in his work.  Now, his work is barely discussed, he looks forward to the dinners, and he is so interested and invested in Rory and Lorelai.  I like that the family is close now.  I liked Richard in the beginning and I like him even more now that the family is comfortable and close.
miloismine
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 05:46:32 pm »

I think Richard is really cute(not in an attractive way more like an "aww" way) when he doesn't know what to do when it comes to comforting.  Like when Rory had a fight with her mom in the first season about max and she goes to her grandparents and when emily tells him to say something encouraging he says something completely unfitting to the situation.  Or when Rory starts crying in front of him about Yale and he is so unsure of what to do.

good ol' richard

Milo <3
ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 08:29:50 am »

I've met Ed Herrmann a couple times, his daughter goes to my school..he is really nice

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 07:01:02 pm »

What an intelligent man!! I love Richard and his wit and charm! He's such a great guy and they couldn't have found a better person to play his character in my humble opinion! I love the moment in season 1 where he slowly hands Rory a section of the newspaper! A definite sign that she's 'IN' in his mind! The way that he stands up for his wife, even when he may not agree or understand what she's feeling, is a good strong sign in a husband. I like how he tries to reach out to Lorelai, even though she sometimes doesn't want to be reached out...I think he tries, perhaps more than Lorelai would be willing to admit. He's got so much to give to his granddaughter and loves her like no other! That relationship in itself is just amazing to watch over the years! I think that Richard is a great character with so much that he has to share with people! He's one of my favorites! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Loki
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 07:15:35 pm »

I like Richard because I like emily so much.  I think they're a good pair. Richard also loves his daughter and is willing to support her in secret ways.  Like when she was climbing out the window of Emily's house to escape some boring guy she had been set up with.  Richard caught her going out the window and they had a quick father/daughter moment. He finally called down to Emily that he didn't see Lorelei....as she made her way out the wndow and made her escape.  I loved that moment, Richard choosing Lorelei over Emily for once...and in secret.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: