7.04 - `S Wonderful, `S Marvelous
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 05:26:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475986 Posts in 1571 Topics by 111312 Members
Latest Member: EileenTeak

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.04 - `S Wonderful, `S Marvelous
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print
Author Topic: 7.04 - `S Wonderful, `S Marvelous  (Read 63319 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2007, 09:56:24 am »

lol - September, even if i did not know you wrote the last post, i would have guessed it's you. I wonder how many televisions you have broken from throwing objects at them? Maybe you should send the repair bill to Chris. I had to give you one of those pretty stick things, because your post was almost as entertaining as this episode.    Grin

I also loved Emily's arrest. Too bad Gran wasn't alive to hear about it! How typical, she thinks she is above the law, and don't those poor cops know they are dealing with the almighty Emily Gilmore? Yuh think Evan Almighty has anything on Emily Almighty?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 09:58:37 am by bingbong » Logged

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2007, 10:08:27 am »

Yeah, quite a few I'd say. I throw pillows at the screen even when Chris would be completely innocent. (Emily says 'Hello') That's a good idea, I will definately send that bill to Chris. Now my dad doesn't have to pay for it. He'll be so relieved and I will have my revenge. And thank you, I try.  Grin

Can you imagine what Gran would have said after hearing about that?! Haha, that would have been funny to see.  Nod I don't think they knew who they were dealing with. I mean, how could they arrest (as you named her) Emily Almighty? And haha I don't think Evan comes even close to Emily. lol

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2007, 01:56:47 pm »

I was laughing on the floor when i saw this episode
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 16, 2007, 12:24:14 pm »

I was laughing on the floor when i saw this episode

As was I. (:

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Luke_is_my_HOMEboY
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2007, 06:39:48 pm »

So i just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Luke and in my mind they got married. My thing is called Luke_is_my_HOMEboY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Una
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2008, 03:33:28 pm »

For a person who claims to have loved her fiancee more than anyone,and that before him she hasn't really loved any man, not even the father of her 20 year old child, Lorelai seems to have moved on reeeeeeaaaally quickly. She gets on my nerves now.  Angry she loves Luke, how can she be dating Chris now all of a sudden?! I hate this.

Jess: Are you sure you want me to go? Cause maybe this whole thing can be solved between me and Dean if we just sat down, had a little heart-to-heart, he could tell me his issues, I’ll tell him mine…
Rory: Jess!
Jess: I promise I’ll speak slowly.
Troopinfairy
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2008, 11:38:37 am »

Could someone PLEASE tell me what song is playing in the background of this episodes trailer. I've been searching for this song for over a year. Many people have given up but, I haven't. If you don't know could you PLEASE direct me to someone that might. I'm so sick of searching for this song and coming up empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnZl_Xk8ghw
monsoon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:05 am »

I've been watching Season 7 episodes again (just the second time), and I must say I am re-evaluating my opinion so far... I hated almost the entire Season 7 the first time I saw it, but now I am finding it is not so bad! The first 3-4 episodes are quite well-written. I just saw this one again today, and liked it!

I think, like many fans of the show, I was just so sad, angry and depressed about the LL storyline at the end of Season 6, that it made it impossible for me to enjoy the show.  I wasn't paying attention to the script or anything, was simply wallowing, and hoping that something miraculous would happen that would undo the events of Season 6...and waiting for an L&L reunion. I watched Season 7 on DVD, racing through the episodes, just wanting to get to the point where I would feel happy again...

The 2nd time around,  I feel in fact, there is feeling of release of pent-up anger in watching Lorelai finally shake off Luke in the first episode, however painful it might have been to her and the  viewers!  It took time for me to accept that the first 1-2 episodes had to be basically very sad - so much sadness felt very un-Gilmore-like, but now, in the second run, I think they did it quite beautifully. In fact, they managed to add some classic Gilmore humor too!. As for the sad scenes,  Lorelai's conversation with Sookie in Episode 1, the very Gilmore moment at the end of Episode 2 (when Rory comes in to find Lorelai crying) were really nicely done. I still didn't care much for Luke's attitude though. They should have showed him sad also...it was annoying to watch him try to act like he wasn't the one who basically messed this up.

As for this episode, it was just a relief to see somebody (Chris!) paying attention to Lorelai, really wooing her...I mean Luke never even did the wooing very well (even Lorelai wasn't sure at the end of Season 4!)... after pining all these years, he basically took her for granted...Chris really made her feel special, and at least somewhat happy.

I don't think Lorelai's reactions (dating Chris, inviting him in at the end...) are so unexpected either. She's been really hurt by lack of attention, and it is natural that she will want to feel loved...and then Chris is just so familiar, he is not some random guy she's dating...I didn't see anything wrong or unnatural in her decisions...she's very vulnerable and the writers wrote something that would be expected behavior.

Hope I continue to feel like this about Season 7, I hated hating GG!

The Universe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2008, 11:07:07 am »

Funny Face is a rather enjoyable film, for anyone who has yet to see it.  Audrey does a great dance routine at the jazz club.

Anyway.
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2008, 08:45:27 pm »

I've been watching Season 7 episodes again (just the second time), and I must say I am re-evaluating my opinion so far... I hated almost the entire Season 7 the first time I saw it, but now I am finding it is not so bad! The first 3-4 episodes are quite well-written. I just saw this one again today, and liked it!

I think, like many fans of the show, I was just so sad, angry and depressed about the LL storyline at the end of Season 6, that it made it impossible for me to enjoy the show. I wasn't paying attention to the script or anything, was simply wallowing, and hoping that something miraculous would happen that would undo the events of Season 6...and waiting for an L&L reunion. I watched Season 7 on DVD, racing through the episodes, just wanting to get to the point where I would feel happy again...

The 2nd time around, I feel in fact, there is feeling of release of pent-up anger in watching Lorelai finally shake off Luke in the first episode, however painful it might have been to her and the viewers! It took time for me to accept that the first 1-2 episodes had to be basically very sad - so much sadness felt very un-Gilmore-like, but now, in the second run, I think they did it quite beautifully. In fact, they managed to add some classic Gilmore humor too!. As for the sad scenes, Lorelai's conversation with Sookie in Episode 1, the very Gilmore moment at the end of Episode 2 (when Rory comes in to find Lorelai crying) were really nicely done. I still didn't care much for Luke's attitude though. They should have showed him sad also...it was annoying to watch him try to act like he wasn't the one who basically messed this up.

I felt the same way!!  I didn't rush out to buy Season Seven like I did for all the other seasons.  I did finally buy the DVD's and I am enjoying the shows much more than I did when I originally watched them.  I think for just the same reasons you mentioned.  I was watching in anticipation for some changes, instead of just enjoying  the show for what it was.  I am only on disc three, so it feels good to have more GG to watch!

As much as I didn't want Lorelai to be with Chris, I have to say I thought it was sweet that he put so much thought into the date since they hadn't been happy with the movies they had been seeing.   Sookie was cracking me up when she was banging the pots and pans in the background while Lorelai was on the phone making plans with Chris!  Cheesy

~KRISTIN~
monsoon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2008, 08:32:11 am »

Sookie was cracking me up when she was banging the pots and pans in the background while Lorelai was on the phone making plans with Chris!  Cheesy

Yeah, that was funny - and it's nice to see Lorelai and Sookie talking like this again, they've written quite a bit of the kitchen conversations so far in this Season (the next episode also has those scenes..) ...at the end of Season 6 she wasn't even talking that much to Sookie.

Cazzie
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2008, 11:24:19 am »

I can't say that I enjoyed this episode much.   Roll Eyes I hate that Lor is with Chris...i haven't seen funny face so i don't get that part.  The highlight was Emily getting stopped by the police, reminds me of Edwina Monsoon from Absolutely Fabulous.  Very Very funny!!!

I just wanna see Lorr get back wiv Luke...Rory is actin out of charcter again, or id this just her character? 

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2008, 10:07:35 pm »

I love re-watching these episode, I keep catching things I missed before.
Sookie with the pots and pans is possibly the best part, that's exactly how I feel =)
I hate Lor and Chris together, it's wrong. =(
AND!! Richard needs a haricut. I just noticed that.
iatmyhome
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 06, 2009, 05:54:04 pm »

Frankly I was a little squicked by him this episode.  First, at her door, he does the "so..." as in "so, can I come in?" and she immediately deflects to discussing candy Roll Eyes
forfun
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2009, 06:52:15 pm »

I love this show: it's filled with pop cultural references

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: