Lorelai Gilmore Unappreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 09:12:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109684 Members
Latest Member: KParker

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Unappreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Lorelai Gilmore Unappreciation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore Unappreciation  (Read 25631 times)
sid
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2009, 10:30:06 am »

I agree about a lot of things with the above post, though I think the it started earlier than when you said.

Yes Lorelai has always had her immature moments and her moments of desperation when it came to men, though I think when Rory went to college they seemed to come more noticable as Lorelai's love life became more important to her story line as there were less mother/daughter moments.

Lorelai always smacked to me as someone who was very impatient and wanted things her own way and didn't really communicate too well when she was in a relationship. 

Yes Luke and Christopher had their faults, Luke keeping April a secret and Christopher being immature but to my mind Lorelai was never really willing to commit to letting go of her life to build one with either one of them, considering she kept the fact that she was communicating with one of them when with the other unless she was caught or had too, didn't want to get married to Luke until she sorted things out with her daughter but got a bit pissy when Luke said he wanted to postpone the wedding for if you think about it was the same reason.  Then came that stupid ultimatum and I'm not going to go there because I am being good. 

Another reason I believe she was selfish she refused to move from her home, in both relationships, which implied the men in her life had to fit into her life not the other way around or a feeling of starting out fresh in a new place.

Luke, yes he was a Star's Hollow alumni (and I know they remodelled but it was still her house) and yes I think jumping into marriage with Christopher was stupid but when it came to living arrangements it was on her terms and not a joint decision, which considering Christopher had Gigi to think of was a very selfish thing to do, it wasn't like Lorelai had the excuse of having to think of Rory's living arrangements at either point as she had moved to college.

But to go back to what I was originally was trying to say that aspect of her personality was always there - the sneaking around with Jason (who to my mind in many ways is the male version of what Lorelai would have become if she had lived the life her parents expected of her) , the dumping of Max (who didn't deserve it like that.)  We just got to see more of it after season 5 as we didn't have the same focus on Lorelai and Rory's relationship because Rory was in college. 

The thing is I think when it came to relationships Lorelai and Rory are very much alike (I'm not saying I don't like them I just think when it comes to men they should come with a health warning).  But, unfortunately, unlike Rory, especially Lorelai didn't have the excuse of just starting out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:44:10 pm by sid » Logged
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2010, 08:59:39 pm »

Marrying Christopher and dating that creepy asexual toadie Jason.

B0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: