Lorelai Gilmore Unappreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 03:48:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114466 Members
Latest Member: jerrynu69

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Unappreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Lorelai Gilmore Unappreciation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore Unappreciation  (Read 26164 times)
gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 03:22:17 pm »

i think we al do.. just no some of her choices... hence the title..
GilmoreGirlFan2006
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 05:12:31 pm »

Her name is spelled Lorelai.

Lorelai: I recognize that tree.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 08:40:40 am »

ok i see the point now but i like in most episodes she is probably the only main character i haven't hated at one point in the show!
yeah she has made some bad mistakes but she is so funny!!!!

sorry random alert!!!!!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
ilvblueskies
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 11:42:38 am »

I love Lorelia - she makes decisions like I do... Sleeping with Chris...remember she just spent the night with him at her parents...it is not superising she went to him. Sookie has a husband and children - I would not call or stop by to interupt them.  Rory is dealing with her own stuff and that is her daughter I wouldnt tell my daughters about breaking up.  She didn't even let her know how sad she was that she was not part of April's life.  Lor is a complex independent person it is not a suprise she would go to the one person she did - Chris.  I hate it that she slept with him but when one is sad sometimes you just need to be held by someone who loves you and who has that been since for ever? Certainly not her parents or Rory - she holds Rory not the other way around it is Chris. She can tell him any and everything. Something she could not do with Luke.
gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 06:53:24 pm »

I love Lorelia - she makes decisions like I do... Sleeping with Chris...remember she just spent the night with him at her parents...it is not superising she went to him. Sookie has a husband and children - I would not call or stop by to interupt them.  Rory is dealing with her own stuff and that is her daughter I wouldnt tell my daughters about breaking up.  She didn't even let her know how sad she was that she was not part of April's life.  Lor is a complex independent person it is not a suprise she would go to the one person she did - Chris.  I hate it that she slept with him but when one is sad sometimes you just need to be held by someone who loves you and who has that been since for ever? Certainly not her parents or Rory - she holds Rory not the other way around it is Chris. She can tell him any and everything. Something she could not do with Luke.
\

READ THE TITLE.... READ THE RULES!!! IF U LOVE LORELIA THEN PUT UR STUFF IN THE LORELIA APPREACATION!!!
Left Field
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 04:39:11 pm »

The choice with Christopher was completely... ew. I mean, why Christopher!? She has a BEST FRIEND named SOOKIE who's always there for her! Christopher is just another ex for her... or should be. They still care for each other but they shouldn't take that HUGE step! It's INSANE!

The fact that she keeps going to Christopher instead of Sookie, should tell you something about Lorelai's feelings towards him and how important he is to her.
Also, she is woman, and when was the last time you met a rational women?? Grin

"Lorelai Gilmore.  Dissappointing mothers since 1968"
JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 08:03:56 pm »

Sorry guys, but it's really annoying me. Her name is spelled LORELAI

Ok now...

Lorelai still remains my favorite character but I think that season 7 isn't showing the real Lorelai. I miss our old Lorelai... Cry

xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 02:00:40 pm »

Don't get me wrong. I love Lorelai but she makes awful decisions. Why would she go to Chris? Of all people, she goes to her ex-boyfriend and her fiancee's arch nemesis. I miss the old Lorelai the funny one who is a complete coffee addict. I miss her.  Sad

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 05:24:55 am »

The "you'll know when it's right" speech to Rory about Logan's proposal? Because Lorelai never entered into a marriage she thought was right but wasn't, and supposedly always knew it was right with Luke but called off the wedding anyway. A very strong lack of consistency on the writers part.
Charly Hayden
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 03:10:45 pm »

i just couldnt find one.. now i love lorelia soo much.. but i dont like some of the choices..

me too but I can't believe that exist an UT for Lorelai! I'm shoked! Everyone love Lorelai!  Shocked

gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2007, 05:13:35 pm »

i love lorelai, but she usually messess up her relationships. she isnt very stable, which makes her her.

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
gilmoregirl891
Town Troubadour

rory and logan 4eva!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 08:45:34 pm »

i think in season 7, lorelai was unusually immature- she just complains all the time.. from start to finish of season.
For instance about the wedding party that Emily tries to throw for her
- wanting to stay in her own house when Chris finds that gorgeous house...
etc.. there's unfortunately to many to mention...
she's just so stubborn and whiny.
She never used to be that extreme in previous seasons...

nonetheless i still love her, cause she's hilarious and i can relate to her humour. lol...

Logan: Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice Ace, people can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me and it's one less minute you haven't lived.
gilmoregirl891
Town Troubadour

rory and logan 4eva!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 08:49:50 pm »

Sorry guys, but it's really annoying me. Her name is spelled LORELAI

Ok now...

Lorelai still remains my favorite character but I think that season 7 isn't showing the real Lorelai. I miss our old Lorelai... Cry

i totally agree!!

ooo i've just thought of another example-
remember when emily comes to lorelai and gives her advice about marriage- and lorelai just acts so immature, and rudely sarcastic..
emily's only trying to help- and i can understand that lorelai would be hesitant, but she doesnt have to be so rude....

Logan: Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice Ace, people can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me and it's one less minute you haven't lived.
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2008, 06:19:27 am »

I don't like how Lorelai gets so sentimental about places and things like the independence inn and her house. That's never good! She really needs to move on but everyone just go with her and agree to live in that small house.
I also never liked how she always complain about her mother and how controlling she was because Lorelai is in her late 30s and not anywhere near the age where she's allowed to be that whinny or even to complain that much.

She is immature in many ways, I don't like how she gets very jealous of her parents when they get close to Rory and vise versa. She sometimes gets jealous of Rory for getting closer to Richard & Emily because Lorelai never was close to them. I think she is secretly wants to be close to her parents so she gets jealous of Rory sometimes.

I also don't like how she makes big decision when she is in a bad state of mind. She bought a dog when Rory moved in with her grandparents even though she never was good with pets. I'm just relieved that her dog is still alive (as far as i know). And of course another example when she slept with Chris in the same night she broke up with Luke.

I also don't like how she stopped talking to Rory for months. I understand she was angry BUT she is her mother and mothers should never give up on their kids no matter what bad choices they make. That makes me think that Lorelai is more like Emily than she might realize.

I also don't like that her biggest fear is for Rory to turn out like her. Lorelai always wanted sooooo bad for Rory to get into a great school which makes me wonder if Emily & Richard were the only ones who thought of Rory as "the daughter they never had". Did Lorelai want Rory to be a new and improved "Lorelai". I know that these two thoughts seem the opposite but they come in line in my mind.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 06:23:52 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
lorelai3489
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 08:40:40 pm »

omg! Angry Angry Angry Angry
People! What are you thinking. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES! I'm tired of people hating her for sleeping with chris! I mean i hate chris as much as everyone! I mean believe me i want to beat him up but lorelai is a good character and she just flipped out.no one is perfect right?  Huh Huh Huh I back lorelai up 1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 percent, we all make bad choices but life goes on and we learn from our mistakes.
P.S. LORELAI WILL ALWAYS BE LORELAI NO ONE OR NO THING CAN CHANGE LORELAI'S AMAZING PERSONALITIY! SHE ROCS AND ALWAYS WILL ROC OK?!?!?!?!
Now who wants tea? lol
P.S.S.LUKE AND LORELAI FOREVER!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
P.S.S.S. Sorry i freaked i just love this character!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: