Sookie St. James / Melissa McCarthy Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 04:34:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476533 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Sookie St. James / Melissa McCarthy Appreciation
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: Sookie St. James / Melissa McCarthy Appreciation  (Read 157849 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2007, 05:45:37 pm »

Sookie was sweet and silly and goofy but she was also tough when it was called for. I like that she could lay down the law and show that side of her because it made her more three-dimensional. I remember the ep where Lorelai was panicing about starting up the inn and she said some unfair comments to Sookie and Sookie got pissed about it. Lorelai later apologized and at first Sookie was stubborn but softened. It just shows that even with such a beautiful and sweet person, you can't go over the line. Sookie did not take guff from anyone, including Michel or even Jackson.

You know, I hadn't really thought about her being this way much. But after reading your insight, I really am glad that she's more than just a happy, light-hearted, bubbly, free spirited person. I think there are definitely times where she can be seen as something other than that. And not always is she in the right there. There are times when she's freaking out about something that she's just over reacting or when she's the calm steady one who keeps things under control. She's got such a wide range and very successfully uses that range to her advantage. I really have such a hard time seeing Melissa play a role that isn't that of Sookie! However, the great actors will make you believe they are whoever they want you to! And she does an excellent job portraying anyone she plays!

I haven't been able to make it over to the SamanthaWho forum nearly as much as I'd like to. I haven't been able to make it to gg.org as much as I'd like...so I'll work on getting to both more often! SamanthaWho.org is a brilliant site for a show that I think will do quite well! Way to go, Heidi!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Alexandria
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2007, 03:30:30 pm »

Is anyone watching Melissa on Samantha Who? I've watched the first two episodes and I'm kind of disappointed that they underuse Melissa. I think her character is a nice contrast to Jennifer Esposito's character who's rather mean, and I would like to see more of her in the show.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2007, 04:13:50 pm »

... There are times when she's freaking out about something that she's just over reacting or when she's the calm steady one who keeps things under control...

This was especially true early in the Sookie/Jackson relationship. Sookie went into panic mode easily and was often fearful that Jackson would leave her. It usually took his reassuring words to bring her back to reality. She grew to feel more secure about Jackson and didn't freak out so easily later in their relationship.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
LilMizPiper
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2007, 01:09:57 am »

I read somewhere that Melissa named her daughter Heaven but I can't find the link! I'm looking for it now . . .

LOVE YOU MELISSA!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
[/size]
*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2007, 02:06:20 am »

oh thats a cute name.thats sweet.did she just had her baby??

cherrypie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2007, 08:46:29 am »

i love melissa an think shes great in samantha who aswell !!

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2007, 09:42:44 am »

Everybody can use a pal like Sookie.  Smiley

*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2007, 10:17:14 am »

Everybody can use a pal like Sookie.  Smiley

I agree.

cherrypie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2007, 01:11:08 pm »

i'd love a pal like sookie  Grin
she'd be so much fun and so reliable

*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2007, 10:23:47 pm »

yep sookie is soo much fun.unfortunately you have to be extremely lucky in this world to have a friend like her.very good friend you can count on is not something easy to find.

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:19 pm »

yep sookie is soo much fun.unfortunately you have to be extremely lucky in this world to have a friend like her.very good friend you can count on is not something easy to find.

Yep, and it only takes one. Lorelai and Sookie have each other. Rory and Lane have each other.

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2007, 08:07:18 pm »

I watched Charlie's Angels today. I forgot the Melissa was in that. She looks strange with such dark hair! And JavaJunkie (sorry, idk your name!), you're right! it's very rare to find a friend as loyal and kind as Sookie, and I've been lucky enough to have one. Yay! I've actually called her Sookie before. LOL.
Alexandria
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2008, 04:24:12 pm »

Does anyone know what happened to Melissa's new show Samantha Who? which starred Christina Applegate, Barry Watson and Jean Smart? Melissa played Samantha's (Christina Applegate) friend Dina who supports her during her amnesiac experience. I haven't seen it in ages but wasn't sure if it was because it's been cancelled or just post poned due to the writer's strike.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2008, 02:23:06 pm »

Hi Alexandria

The show has just been on a break due to the writers strike.  It returns on April 7th with 3 more pre-strike episodes that were yet to air, as well and 3 post strike episodes filmed.  Then it has also been picked up for a second season, but I've read mixed views on how many eps that will be.

GilmoreGirls.org actually has a sister site for the show if you are interested.  Go here to check it out.

Cheers

Please read Forum Rules
gilmore for life
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2008, 02:30:30 pm »

sookie is awesome she is the best
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: