GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 23, 2019, 07:46:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Sookie St. James / Melissa McCarthy Appreciation  (Read 179332 times)
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2007, 12:32:33 pm »

I bet she is a very beautiful baby, just like her mommy. I want to know her name so bad!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2007, 04:39:59 pm »

omg, thats soo cool! congrats to the family, does anyone know a name?

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
Random Person
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2007, 04:34:48 pm »

Yay! So Happy for sookie! It's good timing since she will be home because of the end of the show Sad

Anyway Congrats from everyone at gilmoregirls.org!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2007, 05:32:16 pm »

Congrats Melissa on the baby! I hope she is enjoying her very first Mother's Day!!

I also can't wait to hear what her name is...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2007, 05:12:08 am »

aww congrats to Melissa and her husband that is so exciting! I hope we can see a picture soon Smiley
lalaliz2005
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2007, 06:25:13 am »

That baby has to be the cutest baby ever! (No offense to you mothers  Wink) Congrats Melissa!!
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2007, 06:02:00 am »

Congrats about the baby girl!!!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Alexandria
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2007, 05:21:42 pm »

Melissa McCarthy is back on a new show called Samantha Who, which co-stars Christina Applegate, Barry Watson and Jean Smart.

There are two promo pictures of Melissa posted http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/08/29/samantha-who-promos/, at Just Jared.
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2007, 07:46:22 am »

I just going to jump right in and say:

I love Sookie's character   Cheesy     I love her bubbly personality. Mellisa dose an amazing job acting. I alwasy enjoy scenes with Sookie!

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2007, 08:22:45 am »

Sookie was sweet and silly and goofy but she was also tough when it was called for. I like that she could lay down the law and show that side of her because it made her more three-dimensional. I remember the ep where Lorelai was panicing about starting up the inn and she said some unfair comments to Sookie and Sookie got pissed about it. Lorelai later apologized and at first Sookie was stubborn but softened. It just shows that even with such a beautiful and sweet person, you can't go over the line. Sookie did not take guff from anyone, including Michel or even Jackson.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2007, 05:57:41 pm »

Sookie came as one of the most important characters by being Lorelai's best friend and one of the few trusted to be there. It's hard to find people like that so she is special. Aside from being sweet & funny, She is a perfectionist. She does what she does as best as she can.. i am sure as talented as she is at cooking, the least effort from her will come out just fine but I think fine is not enough for her ( for example; the food critic who said that her soup was fine or something like that but she couldn't get satisfied with that)..
I like her sweet nature, some says it takes so much courage to show kindness toward others so according to that we can say Sookie is a brave and generous person.

... I like that she could lay down the law and show that side of her because it made her more three-dimensional. I remember the ep where Lorelai was panicing about starting up the inn and she said some unfair comments to Sookie and Sookie got pissed about it. Lorelai later apologized and at first Sookie was stubborn but softened. It just shows that even with such a beautiful and sweet person, you can't go over the line. Sookie did not take guff from anyone, including Michel or even Jackson.

I just love what you said! So true and shows how great & strong person she is to be able to defend herself and not take it from anyone not even Lorelai, I like that about her but with that she is very forgiving and forgiveness takes strength too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 06:01:12 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2007, 08:39:42 pm »

Melissa McCarthy is back on a new show called Samantha Who, which co-stars Christina Applegate, Barry Watson and Jean Smart.

There are two promo pictures of Melissa posted http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/08/29/samantha-who-promos/, at Just Jared.

Oooh thanks for that link.  I'm looking forward to seeing Melissa in a new show.  I'm having withdrawals from seeing some of our beloved actors on the screen on a regular basis, so I can't wait to see this show.

Here is another promo shot for Samantha Who posted on Gilmore Girls News:
http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/melissa-mccarthy-02.jpg

Please read Forum Rules
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2007, 03:03:18 pm »

Hey guys sorry for the double post but I just thought I'd share this article for the new show that Melissa is in.  It's an older article on BuddyTV.com but gives a bit of news on the whole line up, including our wonderful GG gal.

To fortify its fall lineup, ABC has greenlighted a new comedy series entitled Sam I Am. The pilot is slated to follow the fifth season of Dancing with the Stars on Monday nights at 9:30/8:30c.

Sam I Am follows the life of a 30-year old psychiatrist named Sam, who has to rediscover her life, her relationships and herself after getting retrograde amnesia following a hit and run accident. After an eight-day coma, she wakes up but can’t remember anything about her own life. In an attempt to find out who she is (or what her life used to be), she tries to unearth clues but is hindered by her parents and friends, who seem to have something to conceal from her. She discovers that she has been a self-centered and rude person, and has had more foes than friends. Eventually, she finds out that her so-called “accident” was actually an attempted murder.

Read on to find out more about the cast.

Leading the pilot is Christina Applegate as Samantha "Sam" Newly. Applegate is popularly known for playing Kelly Bundy on the sitcom Married…with Children. She has since acquired major roles in films such as Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and in the Broadway revival of Sweet Charity. Her other acting credits include Jesse, The Sweetest Thing, and Friends.

Barry Watson stars as Sam's boyfriend, Todd. This 33-year actor is most notable for his role as Matt Camden on the family drama 7th Heaven. He has also starred in his own series entitled What About Brian, in which he played the lead character Brian Davis.

Jennifer Esposito stars as Sam's best friend, Andrea. This Brooklyn-born actress and dancer is known for her appearance on Law & Order, Spin City, and in films like I Still Know What You Did last Summer and Crash.

Kevin Dunn stars as Howard Newly, Sam's father. This 51-year old actor has appeared in supporting roles in numerous films like Mad Love, Dave, Snake Eyes, Stir of Echoes, Small Soldiers and on the mini series The Beach Boys: An American Family as Murry Wilson.

Jean Smart stars as Regina Newly, Sam's mother. Smart is an Emmy-award winning actress who has appeared on Frasier, 24, and Center of the Universe. She has also graced the film industry with movies like The Kid, Sweet Home Alabama, and Bringing Down the House.

Melissa McCarthy stars as Dena. This 37-year old native of Illinois has appeared on Gilmore Girls as Sookie St. James. In addition, she has also acquired minor roles in the silver screen with films like The Kid, The Life of David Gale and Charlie’s Angels.

Tim Russ stars as Frank. Russ is best known for his role as Lieutenant Commander Tuvok on Star Trek: Voyager. Apart from starring in a number of Star Trek franchises, he has also appeared on ER, Twenty Good Years, and Murphy Brown.

Co-created by Don Todd and Cecelia Ahern, Sam I Am is produced by Peter Traugott through ABC Studios.

-Kris De Leon, BuddyTV Staff Columnist

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/samantha-who/abcs-sam-i-am-meet-the-cast-7072.aspx

Please read Forum Rules
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »

For all those Melissa fans I'm just copying some exciting info over from Heidi's Soapbox thread.

Hi gang,

I have a bit of an announcement to make.  It's one that some ORGers will probably enjoy and others not so much.  Either way, I hope we can still be friends.  Hearts  Without further ado, I present GilmoreGirls.org's new sister site ... SamanthaWho.org.

Dun, dun, dun!  If you clicked the above link you'll have noticed there's not much to the site yet.  It's still quite a work in progress.  However, hopefully you can see the similarities between it and GilmoreGirls.org.  My goal was to create something that felt very similar, only more 'updated' (in the sense that GilmoreGirls.org was designed seven years ago).

In the event you're wondering why I created the new site, it's a combination of two factors.

•   I'm a geek who loves working on web sites and interacting with a community of people who share a similar interest as me.
  •   I'm a fan of Melissa McCarthy and the entire Samantha who cast.  It's gotten very decent reviews thus far and sounds like a good show to take a chance on.

If anyone thinks I'm abandoning GilmoreGirls.org or the Forum anytime soon, that's simply not going to happen.  GilmoreGirls.org is my baby.  Nothing that SamanthaWho.org achieves will ever come close to how I feel about the original ORG.  GilmoreGirls.org is the big sister that SamanthaWho.org hopes and dreams to be.

I welcome everyone to check out both SamanthaWho.org and the SamanthaWho.org Forum.  If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions (both good and bad) please send them my way.  Thank you!  Snap

~Heidi

Melissa had a good amount of air time in the first few eps and I'm very excited for her finding such a great show now that we can't see her as Sookie in any new episodes of Gilmore Girls.

So feel free to pop on over to the sister site Samantha Who? and join in the fun.

Please read Forum Rules
*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2007, 04:50:06 pm »

Oh I love sookie she's funny. Grin

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: