7.01 - The Long Morrow
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 02:28:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118846 Members
Latest Member: yiviefcabc

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.01 - The Long Morrow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Print
Author Topic: 7.01 - The Long Morrow  (Read 114498 times)
mo-gilmore
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

first crush: Lorelai

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 06:06:27 pm »

Really hate christopher.  He's calling and joking, he knows that Lore was engaged.  He just talks to her like she wasn't engaged, as if she didn't just do something that she might be upset about.

Overall, it seemed a little flat.  Wasn't it out of character for Rory to be so excited about the car crash?  You would think she would have been more worried for Luke after all he's done for her in life.

mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 06:07:01 pm »

OMG OM GOMG!!!!  ok... SO weird to see Dave R's name at the end instead of Amy's.
The writing seemed about the same...though I HATED the amount of commericials.  I mean, I'm pretty sure there were more commercials than actual show! (Though I guess that has to do with it being a new network and needing to make money)--I really hope they get longer.  Anyone know how many pages the script was?
I can't wait for LL to get back together.  They are both in love. God I hate christopher.  "hello lor" EW I hate how he calls  her lor...sickens me.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 06:07:41 pm »

the rocket reference was soooo sweet. the arm wrestling scene was really funny. i loved how michel wrapped his hand and was holdig it up. the racquetball scene wasn't what i thought it would be. i didn't want the epsiode to end with the last scene. aaahhh i want next tuesday to come already lol. the reference to the past episode was the prodigal daughter returns. i thought it would be rory or sookie saying to lorelai that her and luke are written in the stars. overall, great 1st post-palladino episode. i can't wait til next week!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:23:55 pm by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:13 pm »

This episode was a hard one to stand. I was a leaky faucet all through the last 15 minutes. The Twilight Zone part was cute, but I cried when Lorelai told Luke that she slept with Christopher. I mean CRIED. I really started bawling. It....was just so sad.

The missing of team Paladino really provoked my screaming. When I saw David S. Rosenthal on the end of the credits, that was it.

WAAAAAA Cry Cry Cry Cry

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
bookfreak
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:22 pm »

I think the rocket is a "ground control to MajorTom" reference..Rory means home to him or whatever..

Does anyone else feel the missing Palladinos in the dialogue? It's just as talky but it sounds totally different to me..

I definitely agree. There's a lot of dialogue, but it seems like there's so much that maybe DR is trying too hard.

I'm still kind of unsure about this episode. I really don't like the L/L situation, but that's what the Palladinos left us with, so it couldn't just be ignored. It seemed kind of random/all over the place. I didn't like the car-into-the-diner stunt (except for one thing, but I'll get to that in a minute). It seemed like a plot device they'd pull on Full House or one of the less clever shows. The tone of the characters felt a little off at places.

The whole L/L plot feels so contrived. I love that Luke came back and I loved his speech. That's the only part about the diner wreckage I appreciated, that Luke realized it didn't matter as much as having Lorelai in his life. And really, I wouldn't have minded at all if Lorelai had been willing to hop in the truck and get married. The results of the eloping would have made for a cute/funny episode, IMO. But obviously that couldn't happen, because of the Christopher situation. I really hope that this mess isn't drawn out for too long.

Positives: Logan's gift was very sweet and romantic. Plus, no troubadours, which at least allowed for some decent plot development.

Need another good show? Watch Arrested Development on FOX! www.saveourbluths.com
caitlin
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:46 pm »

Great season opener, I thought.

The rocket gift from Logan was so cute! I wonder if she will go over there for Christmas .. =/
And the Gilmore House .. everything had to do with Luke. How could she get rid of it all?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:07:44 pm by caitlin » Logged

runningsb05
Gilmore Maid

Life's short. Talk fast. :]

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:54 pm »

yeah it does seem a little different and all, but i love the gift from logan how romantice, i do hope lorelai and luke get back together cuz what luke did was SOOO sweeett

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Saying goodbye is saying I love you.   - Headliners for life.

Rory: Asher Flemming is dead.
Marty: In bed?
Rory: No
Marty: Damn, I lost the pool
lisa00
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 06:09:57 pm »

I just finished watching this episode. It was very good. Yes, the rocket was very sweet. But I felt so bad for Rory when Logan said he had a ticket for her for Christmas. I wonder if she'll go to London before then.  I must say though that I had tears in my eyes when the ending credits came on  Cry. I think this is going to be an awsome season.
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 06:12:35 pm »

I hope Rory goes and surprises Logan anyways...I mean he shouldn't have anything to hide.
I'm going to try and be optomistic about this season...everyone else is...so we shall see.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
tater1103
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

"You can't miss the bear." - Shane Botwin, Weeds

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 06:13:47 pm »

so there it was, season 7 opener.....

i am still processing but here's what i feel so far

for starters i am definetly missing the Palladinos dialogue

the rocket gift, once the meaning was determined, was very sweet, an awesome present

what sain person lets Kirk drive their car? i mean really....

Luke's attempt to get Lor to elope was a tear jerker...too little too late i guess...

and did anyone see the preview for next week? i am more stunned by it than the episode tonight.... I just cannot believe Luke...wow

thanks so much the girls4ever for the sig!!

Lorelai: "Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants!"

Java Junkie~Noddie~Flyswatter~Headliner

Proud BBB
Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 06:13:53 pm »

Awe.  The rocket story was so sweet.  Now "thats true love."

I kinda felt bad for Rory when she was implying that she wanted to come to London [for the summer] and Logan got her tickets for christmas.  Now that was really sweet of Logan and he had a great two weeks planned for the two of them, but Rory was like ready to jump on a plane and go to Lonodn...pronto!

I got to say I felt a little sorry for Luke in the final 5 mins.  

And the car scene was so funny!  Classic Stars Hollow.  Ya gotta love it!

The things that disappointed me about this eposide- no Richard and Emily and no Lane (I know that she was on her honeymoon, but I would have liked to see that).

Good job to Dave Rosenthal- he did fans proud!

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
Paul Anka
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 06:14:47 pm »

I didn't like it so much. It didn't seem....right, you know? Amy-Sherman Palladino come baaaccckk!!!! Her name not being at the end just added to the shock of Luke and Lorelai being apart forever. It seemed like a subtle sign that nothing will be the same anymore. The last bit with Luke ranting on and on about going to Maryland and other places made me bawl so bad. Cry Rory's face when she found out about Logan's plans for Christmas, not summer, reminded me about Lorelai's reaction to Luke not taking her ultimatum. Like Mother, Like Daughter. (but daughter's not so...out there) Gosh, I hate Christopher now. He acts as if "Lor" was never even married. What a conceited, ignorant, little.... Fight Sorry. Anyway, it had its flaws but the opening episode wasn't bad for one without the wit and humor of the Palladino team.

It's actually made by me! Fancy that! Nusha's the name btw.
Just had me birthday!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 06:16:23 pm »

Oh my god, look who's back!!!  Why, I do believe it is those adorable Gilmore Girls!

1.  All those goofballs whose articles were posted in the Show and Cast Member News thread clearly need to clean out their crack pipes because it was fantastic!!!  It was everything I hoped for.  The banter was there, the cultural references were there, I loved it.

Lorelai:  "Waa, waa, waa!"
Rory:  "Chachi, right?"
Lorelai:  "Proud."   Cheesy

2.  LOTS of Lorelai and Rory.  Lauren and Alexis were great.  I can honestly say that I finally love the character of Rory again after a VERY long time of not liking her. She seems like the sweet, charming girl of season one.  Let's all remember -- these are the two the show revolves around.  When they were off, the show was off.  They're back -- GAME ON!

3.  Sookie and Michel, Babette, and Paris made me sooooo happy tonight.  As always, perfectly hilarious.

4.  Luke and Lorelai:  A girl who packs up EVERYTHING because it reminds her of her ex is far, far from being over it!  Can we say Rory with Dean in season 1 (she also wanted everything gone)?
-  Lorelai's emotional fallout is coming.  She's always been a "act first, internalize the emotional damage of it later" kind of girl.

-  It sounds to me like she was truly, truly wishing he had picked her that night and it hurt her when he didn't.  A lot.  His shutting her out for so long had taken a tremendous toll.

-  I have new-found faith in Luke and Lorelai (weird, right?  I know it will take awhile).  Here's why:  anyone who writes a speech for Luke like Rosenthal did at the end of the episode truly understands what these two mean to each other.  They'll be together again someday, mark my words!!!

mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 06:18:21 pm »

I decided to keep an open mind, because though I miss Amy, there is nothing we can do and I realized if I just thought it would be bad without her writing then it would be, so I kept an open mind and it really did help.  There were a lot of long dialogs, so maybe Dave was trying a little too hard, but he really wanted his first episode to be good, so I give him credit.  It really wasn't that bad, but boy do I HATE chris!

I definitely like how he worked the Racket ball thing though, because when I first heard they were playing racket ball I was a little taken aback. 

sgrmba
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 06:23:26 pm »

Undecided  Well, I just finished watching the first episode of season 7.  I have loved this show from the word go and own every season on DVD, including Season 6.  At this point, my descriptive word for tonight is 'unfortunate'.  I didn't really smile during the show, a true rarity.  They broke away from one the best sources of verbal material in this episode.  In past years, we didn't always see some of the odd and interesting events such as their feeble attempts at sports or town events involving Taylor and Kirk, we heard about them through the witty exchange of dialogue between Rory and Lorelai.  Envisioning these things through their words made it so much more engaging and provided more opportunity for humor.  Also, Rory didn't seem her normal, highly intelligent 'self'.  I hope things will improve and a better flow will develop.   Right now the dialogue is lacking the high level of wit and charm that has been the hallmark of this show.  I would not enjoy the thought of ending my ownership at Season 6.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: