6.02 - Fight Face
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 03:49:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114466 Members
Latest Member: jerrynu69

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.02 - Fight Face
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 6.02 - Fight Face  (Read 22427 times)
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 06:02:50 am »

I liked luke in this episode... he kinda opened up a little bit... and was talking some sense into lorelai, well at least he was trying to.

TiAnge
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 02:51:54 pm »

Hi ! I'm new in this forum.  I read several posts from the season 5 and 6 and I wanted to say something.

I like very much this show. I am completely hooked. But I find it changed since season 5 and sometimes have the impression it is SB else who is writing.
Rory has changed so much! since She is in Yale (slept with Dean, and now everything she does, the yacht, dropping school...) especially the relationship with her mother. She doesn't behave like Rory. like the Rory we was used to so far. What has happened ? I have begun to be angry at her.
Since season 5 she 's moved away from her mother, they are not close anymore, she doesn't want to listen to Lorelai 's words. and when another time she is making a mistake (dropping school) she doesn't want to hear Lorelai. She does on her way and stabbed her mother in back by moving to her granparents' house. How could she do that ? She knows very well the relation between Lorelai and her parents. Loerelai has always been there for her. always (to rescue her from her parents, to lie for her about the car with Jess, to go and pick her up at the police station, to take care of her when she was drunked...) and She does the worst thing to Lorelai : moving in her parents house. And without telling her anything. Lorelai discovers it by herself. Lorelai is deeply hurt. She has raised her child. they have always been very close. and now not only Rory is doing mistakes and refuses to listen to her mother but she turns away from her. Doesn't she understand that ? Ok it is normal she is hurt too. For the first time Lorelai spoke about what she thought (when Rory told her she was dropping shcool) and that she doesn't come to the audience. ok. but doesn't she see that she hurts her mother ? I would have thought their confration longer and more violent in words.
Lorelai is hurt but I think she  tries to forget it. as she has done so far until Luke tells her she should speak to her. I guess this is why she stopped to talk to Rory. But it was for nothing. I think also that Lorelai hurried the relation between her and Luke. She does love him. But I think She has asked him the question because of what happens between her and Rory. In a way she tries not to think about it, and also she must feel alone. I happy they're engaged but I'm afraid it was too fast and may not last.
I really do not like the change in the relation between Lorelai an Rory. and the change in Rory. I wonder if it is going to be better, if Lorelai and Rory could one day be close as before.

Ti ange
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 10:40:55 am »

Definitely an excellent episode.  I understand Lorelei is hurt and such.  Yet, her strategy in not telling Rory anything because she wanted to show "tough love" isn't exactly work.  Rory, alienating Lorelei is also just as bad.  Luke is right.  They both need to settle this and he doesn't want to choose sides because he loves them both. 

The way Rory acted in the aftermath of the news to her mother's engagement isn't surprising.  She had to act out one way or another by getting into a shoving match with some girl.  She snapped.  The argument between her and Lorelei... ouch...

Lorelei getting a dog named Paul Anka was nice.  Liz, trying to convince her brother to hire T.J. and oh boy...

I like what Emily is doing when Rory has to deal with community service people and such.  It's funny.  It's both funny yet sad.  Funny also for those Star Wars references. 
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 08:39:47 pm »

This episode has convinced me that Lorelai is behaving very immaturely.  She is the mother.  I know that's the whole idea, Rory more like mother and Lorelai more like the daughter.  But still.  She is the MOTHER.  She pulled over just to bully her daughter and yell at her?  Is she 12?  You don't decide not to talk to her daughter.  "We're not talking to Rory"Huh?  Even if Rory tried to talk to her mother it would completely not work.  And the way they make up is cute yet dumb.  Her mother should take WAY more responsibility than Rory.
stacyface
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2008, 06:36:17 pm »

Luke makes the most sense when he tells Lorelai that she and Rory should be talking to each other. The whole thing is silly. I don't like the story line of Rory dropping out of Yale and moving in with Emily and Richard. Lorelai is childish when she pulls over her car to have a hissy fight with Rory. They both look ridiculous. Is that the idea? It is weak when Rory says "you hurt me" about Lorelai not telling her about the engagement. She should have said something more clever than that. It didn't really sound like Rory. I know she was hurt but i expected a moment of Gilmore wit or sarcasm. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:38:51 pm by stacyface » Logged

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 06:13:22 pm »

didn't like this episode, hate that the GG's are not talkin to each other.

B0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2009, 08:20:30 pm »

And Luke is in the middle of this.  He was right.  They're both being stupid. 
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 04:52:12 am »

And Luke is in the middle of this.  He was right.  They're both being stupid. 

Agreed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: