6.02 - Fight Face
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 04:20:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 113599 Members
Latest Member: H6544

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.02 - Fight Face
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: 6.02 - Fight Face  (Read 22384 times)
GilmoreFan623
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 12:18:42 pm »

I dont really think Lorelai buying the dog was that big of a deal, I mean.......its just a dog!! But my favorite part was when Luke was on the roof and he was yelling to Lorelai about being in the middle of the whole Rory/Lorelai fight that was going on. Cause I agree with him. He was sort of being put in the middle and that was not really fair. Oh and ya I agree, TJ is such an idoit!!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 03:49:53 pm »

Since I taped this episode, I wasn't able to nicely hit "info" on my remote and look at the episode name. But I was right, it was named "Fight Face" (they mentioned it a couple of times, and at the certain "times" that I've come to associate with the episode names). Good episode; I remember seeing this one the first time around. At the very end, when Lor confronts Rory, and at the end she shouts "Back at you.", what's she referring to?

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 03:58:02 pm »

At the very end, when Lor confronts Rory, and at the end she shouts "Back at you.", what's she referring to?

rory said lorelai hurt her when luke told her about the engagement instead of lorelai. lorelai shouted "back at you" because she was hurt by rory's decisions about dropping out of yale and the moving in with the grandparents...also because richard and emily told lorelai about the final decison instead of rory.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
i_luv_terriers
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

Paul Anka (official Gilmore Dog)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »

I dont really think Lorelai buying the dog was that big of a deal, I mean.......its just a dog!! But my favorite part was when Luke was on the roof and he was yelling to Lorelai about being in the middle of the whole Rory/Lorelai fight that was going on. Cause I agree with him. He was sort of being put in the middle and that was not really fair. Oh and ya I agree, TJ is such an idoit!!

i disagree with u about the first sentence, her buying a dog was important and paul anka is the cutest dog but the whole thing with him being scared of so many things can get annoying sometimes.....

Java Junkie~Literati/sorta Headliner~Editor~Foodie~Lane&Zack~Spunkie~Go Paul Anka the dog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9LfAi8optE
^a vid i made, watch pls Grin^
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 04:01:22 pm »

I think TJ, even though he's an 'annoying' character, is definitely needed. Yes, you could say that one reason he's needed is to provide 'comedic relief', but he also pushes Luke in certain directions (usually ones he needs to be pushed in), and helps him come to terms with things.

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
Jimmy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 12:37:37 am »

Hey, first post Smiley Greetings!

Anyway, I got hooked up by GG really bad, I'm like addicted Lips Sealed

I just watched the first 5 seasons of it, loved the finale and... bam... what the hell happened to the show? I mean, I can't recognize any of the characters Sad

Rory dumping school? Like that would ever happen. Even if you get put down by such a high person as Logan's father, dropping school? She could always work for a small paper, start with smaller stuff. Not become the top journalist from the very start. I actually think she thought that she would be this well known, travelling journalist from the moment she finishes Yale. Very naive, but grasping reality is not *that* hard (starting small). I am pretty sure the Rory I knew from the past 5 seasons (and believe me, I watched all of it in like 3 days Tongue) would get upset by the turn down but never take a break from Yale. Though the yacht thingie is understandable (that was in S5 however, 'old' Rory). All the parts mentioned here, it just feels wrong, the 'new' Rory of season 6 (at least the first 2 episodes I watched). So not her Sad

Lorelai... now, she was very upset the night she proposed, that's very understandable (probably why she proposed...). Even the proposing part I can understand. Finding someone to share the burden with. Selfish, I know, but that's the only reason I can think of - they were dating like what? 4 months? Pleaseeeeee. Though she took something very important from Luke, something that shows whether you are ready to start a family and settle (proposiong). Yet that could've been undone. Also, taking Rory out of her life, that too, for becoming what she always despised, a high society almost-snob-like person, running to the people she hates (her mother and the likes). Yet, it all seems so unreal, as if it's a dream. I am sure she made a mistake proposing to Luke (more on that below), it shouldn't have been that way. The Lorelai I saw in the first 2 episodes of S6 is... well... I get the impression as if she's drunk 24/7, not thinking at all about the decisions she makes (alcohol kinda does that to people). I think she's the only character I can remotely relate to the Lorelai from S1-S5 though. Crying after Rory in her room. And then 'pulling it together' when Luke called her. Anyway...

Luke... what a piece of s**t he has become in just the two episodes. I was a rooter for him and Lorelai S1-S5, all gone now, forever. First of all, why the hell did he say 'yes'? It was so immature and stupid of him. Seeing a desperate and crushed woman in his dinner proposing to him and saying 'yes'? How low can you get? And the stupidier parts are to come... Buying a ring from Kirk? I mean, I don't remember having a bigger WTF moment than then. That's the most disrespectful and cheap thing he could have done to Lorelai, ever! If I would meet him in person I guess I would beat the living crap out of him. For the woman he loves (more on that later Tongue), the woman he was in love (or at least had a crush at the start) like what.. 9 years? (horoscope thingie)... he buys a friggin ring from Kirk Angry Another thing, accepting TJ as his concractor? How low can one think of another person, allowing an idiot (and he knows TJs ain't bright) to do things around HER house? Also, the "It's full moon, let's go' line. Was he dead drunk? The Luke that paid attention to so many details in the last 5 seasons Huh That's is so not the Luke shown in the last 109 eps I saw. The Luke dancing with Lorelai at Liz's wedding, at Emily's and Richards 'wedding'? And then pulling a stunt like that. I don't know what he feels for Lorelai in S6, but that ain't love for sure. More like pitty Angry

And here's a thing I noticed. It may sound a bit cliche, but Lorelai and Luke are the main characters in GG. I have yet to hear Luke or Lorelai say "I love you' to eachother. I thought it would happen eventually, since they were getting to know the personal sides of eachother. That's also why I felt saying 'yes' to Lorelai's proposal was a big mistake (I was 100% sure she would say she loved him then!). I mean, the producers show the most important moments of the characters lives and saying "I love you' in a relationship is a pretty big step. Especially Lorelai, with all the "it's *the* guy" hints. What's funny, this small detail has been shown many many times on the show itself! Just not with Luke and Lorelai. And that bothers me really bad. They skip the things that make GG a very good show, the small details. S6 feels like a B-level drama to me now. I don't feel like watching more and after the first two eps of S6 Sad I mean, every single episode S1-S5 made me want to see more, S6 started terribly. Out of place characters, terrible script (Liz and TJ looked so fake...), things pushed onto the screen (the balcony part after the dog started to eat, so so terrible acting).

There are some characters that seem not to have been hit with the "let's destroy the character" stick. Like Paris. She's the good 'ol Paris I enjoyed watching S1-S5. Also, what may seem strange, Emily and Richard. The same strange, logical only in their world people... Haunted Emily with her wanting (and doing!) everything (thinking, deciding) for Rory. "She's just a child" - that one should've been an eye opener for Rory (which, what I mentioned above, is very out-of-character Sad).

All in all, the show went down the drain for me. In just 2 eps Sad I will try and force myself to watch the rest of the season, but I'm afraid it will ruin my look at the show totally. I guess I could forget the first two eps of S6  Undecided
MikeinLA
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 10:06:26 am »

If you think season 6 is bad, just wait 'til you see season SEVEN!

Embarrassed

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
TINKY
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 04:13:17 pm »

i heard season 7 was realy deep and realy changing but i loved season 6 wow it was a great season
spencer
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2006, 07:05:02 am »

First post!

So, this may seem a dumb question: I've rarely laughed so hard as I did when Lorelai squeezed the stuffed monkey toy of the "wazzup vareity". That has to be one of my all time favourite GG "bits", I don't even know why, it just makes me laugh. Anyway, does anybody know where the hell I can find one? I tried eBay but "wazzup monkey" isn't exactly bringing in hundreds of items when I search - anyone know anything more specific about it?

Thanks,
Spencer.
G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2006, 10:40:57 am »

i agree that lorelai bought a dog cause she was feeling lonely...but still its cute...and when luke told rory that he and lorelai were engagei personally thought that she wpuld be very vry surprised...but she wasnt...she took it normally... Undecided

synjyn1
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2006, 07:58:00 am »

I believe that Paul Anka is a fill in for Rory. Lorelai's whole life has been wrapped up in Rory and now she has the empty.......REALLY empty nest syndrome. (Due the fight over Rory dropping out of school.)

It makes sense she would try to fill the void in her life now with a dog, despite her horrrible record of killing pets. She now has something else to dote on.

Besides, it is so totally in her nature to be both whimsical and defiant. (Defiant after being reminded that her+pets=death)

This isn't my real life, I'm just visiting
marinaspain
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2006, 10:05:15 am »

Hi, at the end of this chapter a song is played in the radio of the car of Lorelai. Do you know the title or the singer?? Thank you very much
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 12:06:02 pm »

OMG, I loved this episode along with "Friday Nights all right for fighting" lol...best eppys ever! haha.

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 08:05:51 pm »

I believe that Paul Anka is a fill in for Rory. Lorelai's whole life has been wrapped up in Rory and now she has the empty.......REALLY empty nest syndrome. (Due the fight over Rory dropping out of school.)

I agree with you exactly, because right after Liz asked about Rory, she went back and bought him.  His fears did get annoying, not dog is like that, but it was cute.

I like this episode a lot although it does seem different from the past seasons, I guess there's just more to get used to.  Rory gone, them not speaking, the engagement.

I'm glad Luke told Rory, otherwise it might have been a while before she found out, making her more hurt.  I like her doing the community service, although the fight was so unlike her.  And the DAR, well, that was just weird.  I liked how she befriended that maid and then they got a new one...poor maid, but she didn't stand a chance at the Gilmore house. 

TJ is sometimes so funny but then you want to slap him.  In general, his character is okay, and makes the show what it is. 

The confrontation at the end was sad...but really well done. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2007, 11:01:08 am »

ok the drama is a classic gilmore moment even though its so said
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »