6.02 - Fight Face
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 09:28:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114063 Members
Latest Member: VArmitage

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.02 - Fight Face
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 6.02 - Fight Face  (Read 22407 times)
jinglesosborne
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 07:22:42 pm »

The acquisition of Paul Anka does show Lorelai to be spontaneous, but we all knew that, eh?  She is a bit of teenager, which is why we love her, but it's also her character flaw.  But hey, we love her, right?  No one's perfect.  It was probably a good thing Lorelai got a dog, though, if Luke thinks they need to fill a huge house when Lorelai's already an empty nester!

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your mother’s wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish she’d give it back.
Jess__love

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 05:25:43 pm »

Well I finally saw this episode last night, but my DVR completely cut off the L/R confrontation! It cut off right when Lorelai was getting out of her car to talk to Rory. Anyone want to fill me in on what was said?

-Kate-
Thanks to Melissa for my sig!

(Lorelai runs into a globe)
Lorelai: What in the world?
sparks9
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 01:14:44 pm »

when lorelai is driving in her jeep, what song is playing on her radio?
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 10:34:46 pm »

Hit twiztv.com for scripts. They've got almost all of them.

I really like the scripting in this episode. The B-Plots were used to really good effect.

Luke's tirade about being unable to say no to his crying sister sets him up to feel completely helpless when Rory cries and he figures out Lorelai hadn't told her (if he didn't know already - I'm  not sure.) That was probably the driving anger when he confronted Lorelai about talking to her daughter. I don't know if he was right though. Maybe their talk was a first step, but it looked like they weren't ready for it to me.

I also liked Richard and Emily's moves on this. Now that Emily is no longer trying to win Lorelai back (along with the visions she now pins on Rory) she no longer moves passively. By the time Richard had politely suggested she take a few meetings, Emily had already expunged the yacht from Rory's public image (at least in her new world) set up a job for her and filled out her application to the DAR. Rory is aimless and vulnerable to pushing. Richard still sees the passive young girl Rory was, who wanted nothing more than to make him happy, and his gentle nudge is no match for Emily's structured coup of Rory's newly available free time.

Holden_Caulfield
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 06:12:33 am »

Am I right or am I wrong that after L and L decided not to live in the Twickham house (and remodel Lorelai's house), did not Lorelai's parents (later in this season) then go out and buy her and Luke a house? Cause this would seem to be trampling on Luke's feelings, he seemed to really be into the Twickham house (or do I have it wrong was it Lorelai who was more into the Twickham house? my memory is spotty on this)... Just a thought... Emily and Richard seem to do this kind of thing a lot... Presumably Emily and Richard bought them a really killer house, so maybe it's just that much nicer so the whole thing will work out anyway.
MikeinLA

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 10:54:54 am »

Am I right or am I wrong that after L and L decided not to live in the Twickham house (and remodel Lorelai's house), did not Lorelai's parents (later in this season) then go out and buy her and Luke a house? Cause this would seem to be trampling on Luke's feelings, he seemed to really be into the Twickham house (or do I have it wrong was it Lorelai who was more into the Twickham house? my memory is spotty on this)... Just a thought... Emily and Richard seem to do this kind of thing a lot... Presumably Emily and Richard bought them a really killer house, so maybe it's just that much nicer so the whole thing will work out anyway.

This is a good point. It looked to me as if Luke was just being impulsive about the Twickham house and it wasn't a good idea in the first place. We viewers never even saw the house, that I can recall.

I've also wondered about Lorelai's house. Seen from the outside, it's a two-story house, and there has to be a second bedroom upstairs. Rory must live in that little alcove off the kitchen by choice, as the house has to be bigger than shown. It would be fine for a couple, even if they decide to expand their family.

Emily was being typically heavy-handed, I thought, but I believe she meant well. I think many of the members here misunderstand her. She loves her dotter and wants the best for her, and she has more money to give than affection. But, she is often seen letting her love and pride in Lorelai creep to the surface. Recall, for instance, besides this scene in the real estate office, the one in which Lorelai and Rory have taken her to the food court at the mall and Emily notes she doesn't DO anything but Lorelai runs the inn. Emily's feelings for Lorelai are one of the best kept secrets of the show.

I don't think they actually bought the house, but were about to.

Cool

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 04:49:09 pm »

The Twickum House featured in 'To Live and Let Diorama.' which I think you mentioned you hadn't seen, Mike. Luke told Taylor he wanted to raise a family in the Twickum house with Lorelai... or whoever. It's kind of the basis for my assumption that Luke has thrown up walls because he doesn't know Lorelai wants another baby. Luke may have seen Rory splitting with her mother as a normal part of growing up. (Well, it was a normal part of his growing up.) Lorelai, on the other hand, sees it as losing a daughter. I think when she replaced Rory with Paul Anka instead of starting talk about having another baby, he gave up on his dreams for the Twickum House and told Taylor to sell it to Kirk. To be fair, though, it was a dream he's never shared with Lorelai. Imagine Taylor getting a scoop like that first.

Holden_Caulfield
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 05:06:53 pm »

Lessa,
Insightful analysis thanks, I feel like an idiot for not having thought of any of that stuff. I think I'll log off now, I think I need to read more.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 02:14:08 pm »

Emily had no idea that Lorelai and Luke had made a decision not to buy the Twickham house.  So, she wasn't overriding their decision, since she didn't even know they had made one.  And, I think her offering to buy the house was one of the most loving and considerate moves she's ever made (and I don't usually view Emily as either loving or considerate when it comes to Lorelai).  Ranks up there with her telling Christopher to get out in Haunted Leg.  I'm not going to make my whole list of reasons for why it was considerate to both Lorelai and Luke (if a little heavy handed towards Luke in thinking up a good story to tell him) but I will say she didn't buy the house and present it to them.  She took Lorelai there, said she wanted to buy them a house (I don't think any deals were actually finalized) and got Lorelai's opinion on it.  So, she never forced her decision on Lorelai, and couldn't be blamed for the Twickham house.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 02:39:21 pm »

Both Paul Anka the dog and TJ crack me up!! both very strange..LOL.

I loved when Luke was talking about how he was going to kill TJ..his whole plan on taking him to a ball game and strangling him while sittiing in the back seat. GreAt pLan luke! and then..he's talking about what he's gonna need to fix the house..and he includes rope in his list..and Lorelai says:: you're not killing TJ. good stuff.

i also love when Emily's taking Rory to her community service and she's reading the list of the things she got from the internet of what not to do in community service. HA. oh..and when Rory walks out and says "any body want a smoke??" gotta love it..

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
Holden_Caulfield
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 08:46:51 pm »

Emily had no idea that Lorelai and Luke had made a decision not to buy the Twickham house.  So, she wasn't overriding their decision, since she didn't even know they had made one.  And, I think her offering to buy the house was one of the most loving and considerate moves she's ever made (and I don't usually view Emily as either loving or considerate when it comes to Lorelai).  Ranks up there with her telling Christopher to get out in Haunted Leg.  I'm not going to make my whole list of reasons for why it was considerate to both Lorelai and Luke (if a little heavy handed towards Luke in thinking up a good story to tell him) but I will say she didn't buy the house and present it to them.  She took Lorelai there, said she wanted to buy them a house (I don't think any deals were actually finalized) and got Lorelai's opinion on it.  So, she never forced her decision on Lorelai, and couldn't be blamed for the Twickham house.

I don't agree I think Luke is the kind of guy who would want to provide the house for he and Lorelai. Considering his relationship with Emily and Richard I really don't think he would want them giving the two the house. Whether any deals were finalized or not is beside the point, I don't think this is the type of purchase where surprising some one really makes sense. What Emily did was go out and get a house after Luke and Lorelai decided to pass up the Twickham house, and go through the effort of remodelling Lorelai's house. For Emily to then unilaterally decide the house is to small for their needs was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:06:38 pm by Holden_Caulfield » Logged
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 09:10:41 am »

Emily did something unprecedented here: She gave Lorelai a chance to say 'no.' Considering how Lorelai felt about Luke purchasing the Twickum house without telling her, I have no doubt she'd have taken it to Luke before accepting the house from her mother, if she were going to accept.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 09:12:29 am by lessa » Logged

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 10:49:57 am »

I don't agree I think Luke is the kind of guy who would want to provide the house for he and Lorelai. Considering his relationship with Emily and Richard I really don't think he would want them giving the two the house. Whether any deals were finalized or not is beside the point, I don't think this is the type of purchase where surprising some one really makes sense. What Emily did was go out and get a house after Luke and Lorelai decided to pass up the Twickham house, and go through the effort of remodelling Lorelai's house. For Emily to then unilaterally decide the house is to small for their needs was wrong.

But, my point is, the fact that they rejected the Twickham house can't be factored into the rightness or wrongness of what Emily did, because she had no knowledge of the decision about the Twickham house.  It just seems as if you're saying she overrode their decision not to buy the Twickham house.  She didn't know they decided to pass up the Twickham house.  If she had known about it, and had known that they decided not to take it, then it might have had some bearing on her actions.  She can't be said to be overriding a decision that she had no idea had been made.  As far as Emily knew, they might have just fixed up the crap shack because the idea of moving just hadn't entered their minds, not that they had made a specific choice about it. 

Like Lessa said, she didn't just decide.  The decision of whether or not to take the house was still up to Lorelai and for Lorelai to inform Luke of so he could be part of the decision.  All Emily did was make a pitch, tell her of the offer.  Rejecting the house was still an option for Lorelai.  But, anyway, whether or not it was wrong to offer the house, I just think the Twickham house isn't a factor in judging what Emily did, because she can't be faulted for something she didn't know about.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Holden_Caulfield
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 01:23:37 pm »

Well, I'm speaking from the perspective of if I were in her shoes kinda thing, so I think we just don't agree. The reason Emily doesn't know all kinds of things about Lorelai is because of their relationship in general, first and foremost, I just don't see where Emily asked Luke and Lorelai about their future plans. Had that been done and Lorelai not gotten Emily up to speed on the remodeling of her house, and the Twickham house situation, then I would certainly agree with what you're saying. Since that didn't happen the whole situation reeks too much of Emily trying to put Lorelai through more of her controlling manipulations.

p.s. I should mention I think Emily's heart is probably in the right place in this whole scenario, but I don't know that she's not still acting based on bad habits.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:26:06 pm by Holden_Caulfield » Logged
LovinLauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Tyra & Beyonce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 03:50:40 am »

another gr8 episode. I felt one of the main reasons Lorelai brought the dog was becoz she was lonely without Rory

**woo hoo Beyonce concert in June**
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: