6.02 - Fight Face
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 12:00:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114372 Members
Latest Member: ADuCroz

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.02 - Fight Face
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 6.02 - Fight Face  (Read 22424 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 04:20:32 pm »

Luke and Lorelai decide to forego the Twickham House and instead live in Lorelai's place, which is being remodeled by none other than Luke's brother-in-law TJ.  Rory begins her community service hours and, in a chance meeting, she and Lorelai have an angry confrontation that reveals their mutual hurt feelings.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 07:19:39 am by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 03:02:09 pm »

I have a problem with the fact that Lorelai bought a dog without talking to Luke about it.† And nobody seems to care!† So Iím ranting here to see if anybody else cares.

I understand that this might be just my belief, but getting a dog is a big deal.† If she and Luke were just dating I would not think she had to talk to him about it.† But since they are engaged, that means they are going to be living together at some point.† That means she just decided that Luke is going to live with a dog without talking to him about it.

This is especially frustrating after Luke confessed about buying (and unbuying) the Twickham house.† Lor scolded Luke for buying a house without talking to her about it (which is ridiculous because they were not engaged at the time of his purchase and unpurchase).† So it seems that Lor has some warped understanding of this ďdiscuss big moves with each otherĒ concept.† Now I am not saying a dog is the same thing as a house.† I recognize that one is a much bigger deal financially (though, if you think about the rise in pet care, and the higher technical procedures owners can treat their pets with, perhaps they arenít in very different financial ballparks).† But apparently this discussion thing is only a one-way street.† Not that Iím surprised.

Lorelaiís adoption of Paul Anka only means one of two things in my opinion.† (1) It didnít cross her mind that Luke would have to live with this dog too at some point, which means she is either very flaky or she isnít taking her engagement seriously and her mind is still in dating mode (dun dun DUN).† (2) She understood that Luke would be living with Paul Anka too, but simply didnít think his input was necessary because she is self-centered and inconsiderate, or because walking all over Luke and getting her way is such an old habit by now that she doesnít even notice that sheís doing it (because Luke always lets her).

You may be wondering why Iím here, why I would consider myself a fan of the show, if I seem to hate Lor so much.† In case you are, Iíd like to clarify.† I AM a fan of the show, but Iím not thrilled with its quality at the moment (I still have hope it will be great again).† And I donít hate Lor, but I do hate some of the things she does.† I do want Luke and Lor to be together, but she still hasnít matured enough.† I donít believe, yet, that she can maintain her part of a healthy relationship.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 07:17:18 pm by nikki » Logged

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
daddysgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 11:23:33 am »

they ougt
Beth
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

sunshine014 back in action!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 01:54:51 pm »

Nikki, you make a really good point. We've seen, in the past, Lorelai to be spontaneous and not future-thinking, so I'm sure that plays into this quick-decision she made to buy the dog.
I never think she's as set on the future as Luke. I mean, she has a history of noncommital relationships. When Luke is making fried chicken (mmm-mmm good!) for Lorelai, and she asks about Halloween, and he responds that they have "the rest of our lives together" I think he surprised her with this long long LONG term announcement like that.

I agree that Luke always lets himself be walked over-- that's Lorelai's greatest character flaw (or Luke's). She's not always like that, but too much of the time that we notice when she does something nice for him (like painting his diner back in season one, or something like that).

Good discussion! :nods:

Do you think my hair looks cool? 'Cause, you know, some days I wake up and I'm like, cool. Some days I'm like, could be cooler. Like today I got up and I was like, left side cool, right side not so cool.
~~~
Fox Force Five #4
GiGi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

Gilmore Girl forever.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 09:11:01 pm »

I don't think it's that much of a deal (getting a dog that is) that you make it out to be...yes it's a dog..but at that time she really wasn't sure where they were going to live...none of the specificts were worked out....and she was just being classic lorelai!!

she does things without thinking too much about them..so before anyone else on here says that she's changed that much...just notice her face when she hears her daughters name...or her voice...or when she walks by her room....she misses her child with everything and she is just barely holding it together ...Lauren Graham is doing an amazing job of playing this part...

you make some points about how they aren't acting like they are serious about their engagement, but you have to admit she's not the serious planner type...that part of her is living in her parents pool house.

^ ^
=o=

leebeasy
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 12:23:47 pm »

Interesting points raised here, certainly not ones I had thought of before.

I took Lorelai adoption to be spontaneous not selfish, just forgetting that she now has to think of another person before all major decisions, that would take any person a while to adjust to espeially someone who has been as independent as Lorelai for such a long period. I would like to think if Luke had had such a big problem with Paul Anka Lorelai would have returned him. This was probably an important lesson for Lorelai and a realisation that she has a partner now.

Roll Eyes I really don't like TJ and the storylines he brings with him, it just seems like cheap humour to me. I preferred him in season 4 when he was a bit dim but still called Luke a d*ck.

daddysgirl
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 01:41:30 pm »

This sure is a popular topic!!!! I HOPE that Lorelai and Rory do do the thing they planned when Rory turnes 21!!! It sounds SO cool. Annd I hope those two dont make up while im on my cruise!!! I bet when I go on my cruise and by the time I come back this topic will be at pag 60! (cruise in november!!!)
GilmoreGirlNumber3
Town Resident

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 06:33:35 pm »

"Fight Face"     

Rory (Alexis Bledel) begins serving her 300 hours of community service and finds that life on a road crew is not pretty. Lorelai and Luke try to decide whether they will fix up Lorelai's house or buy the Twickham house. Luke's sister Liz (guest star Kathleen Wilhoite) begs him to hire her husband T.J. (guest star Michael DeLuise) as a contractor. When Rory pays Luke a surprise visit at the diner to find out how Lorelai is, he feels obligated to tell her that he and Lorelai are engaged. Afterwards, Luke confronts Lorelai about her estrangement from Rory. Feeling lonely, Lorelai adopts a dog at the Stars Hollow pet fair. Finally, during a chance meeting, Lorelai and Rory have an angry confrontation about their mutual hurt feelings.
Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrmann also star. Daniel Palladino wrote and directed the episode.

glimorefan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 02:04:46 pm »

ok so i really wish that rory would dump logan! he is so stuipd
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 11:32:49 am »

I never really thought that Lorelai and Luke were going to buy the Twickham house because Lorelai has a special connection with this house and there was no way no how that Luke was going to take her away from that. My point is that Rory and Lorelai lived in that house together forever and there was no way that she could just up and leave not with the things like they were with Rory. I still like Rory and I loved Richards reaction when the judge sentenced Rory to 300 hours of Community service(I for one think that 300 hours is just enough) My favorite part of this episode is when Rory comes in the dinner and both her and Luke are so nervous and don't know what to say that Luke just blurts out that him and Lorelai are engaged!

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
Dolce
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 09:17:59 pm »

I have a problem with the fact that Lorelai bought a dog without talking to Luke about it.† And nobody seems to care!† So Iím ranting here to see if anybody else cares.

I understand that this might be just my belief, but getting a dog is a big deal.† If she and Luke were just dating I would not think she had to talk to him about it.† But since they are engaged, that means they are going to be living together at some point.† That means she just decided that Luke is going to live with a dog without talking to him about it.

This is especially frustrating after Luke confessed about buying (and unbuying) the Twickham house.† Lor scolded Luke for buying a house without talking to her about it (which is ridiculous because they were not engaged at the time of his purchase and unpurchase).† So it seems that Lor has some warped understanding of this ďdiscuss big moves with each otherĒ concept.† Now I am not saying a dog is the same thing as a house.† I recognize that one is a much bigger deal financially (though, if you think about the rise in pet care, and the higher technical procedures owners can treat their pets with, perhaps they arenít in very different financial ballparks).† But apparently this discussion thing is only a one-way street.† Not that Iím surprised.

Lorelaiís adoption of Paul Anka only means one of two things in my opinion.† (1) It didnít cross her mind that Luke would have to live with this dog too at some point, which means she is either very flaky or she isnít taking her engagement seriously and her mind is still in dating mode (dun dun DUN).† (2) She understood that Luke would be living with Paul Anka too, but simply didnít think his input was necessary because she is self-centered and inconsiderate, or because walking all over Luke and getting her way is such an old habit by now that she doesnít even notice that sheís doing it (because Luke always lets her).

You may be wondering why Iím here, why I would consider myself a fan of the show, if I seem to hate Lor so much.† In case you are, Iíd like to clarify.† I AM a fan of the show, but Iím not thrilled with its quality at the moment (I still have hope it will be great again).† And I donít hate Lor, but I do hate some of the things she does.† I do want Luke and Lor to be together, but she still hasnít matured enough.† I donít believe, yet, that she can maintain her part of a healthy relationship.

Ok I respect all kinds of opinions but don't you think you're exagerating a little bit, as by discuss big moves with each other, I don't think getting a dog is a big move, and unlike the purchase of the house it does not affect their commitment or is as big as having to deal living in another place, she just got herself a pet and that's wonderful since she's being lonely without Rory, Luke doesn't mind the dog so is not a big deal and I don't think it goes into the category of big moves , anyways Luke would've accepted Lorelai if she had a dog even before they went into a relationship, so it's not something you should bother about, take it easy, and Paul Anka I love it, it's so cute and it's cowardice makes him hilarious, I laughed my ass off when it locks itself up in the car... lol that was so freakin' funny, so ok, that's my oppinion. c'mon wasn't that funny? the dog is plain cute.

Dolce

"I step outside my minds eyes for a minute, and I look over me like a doctor looking for disease, something that could ease the pain, but nothing cures the hurt you bring on by yourself, just remembering how we were"
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 02:33:44 am »

I finally saw this episode last night. I love Luke's accent as he's standing on top of the roof yelling about being in the middle. lol.

jjeanie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 08:50:05 am »

I thought his yelling was even a bit of a rant. Maybe built up stress on his behalf. He was in the middle, but he had a weird way of stateing it.
Kat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

That Hamster Was Defective

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 12:22:47 pm »

It's a good thing Luke is so easy going. And I think he just wants to see Lorelai happy so he doesn't care if she got 50 dogs. And I really think that there will be a Luke/doggy snoring on the couch moment. I know it.
TJ now he bugs me so much and the fact that Luke gives in to Liz. Yes it's his sister, but let's face it TJ is a moron.

I got some Paul Anka music just to see what it's like I couldn't resist. Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:05:48 am by Kat » Logged

Are they different?
Different than what theyíre nachos.
You used baked chips.
What?
You did, didnít you? You used baked chips and lowfat cheese.
I did not use lowfat cheese.
Ha!
How can you tell?
Ha!
They taste the same!
jjeanie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 05:11:24 am »

It's a good thing Luke is so easy going. And I think he just wants to see Lorelai happy so he doesn't care if she got 50 dogs. And I really think that there will be a Luke/doggy snoring on the couch moment. I know it.
TJ now he bugs me so much and the fact that Luke gives in to Liz. Yes it's his sister, but let's face it TJ is a moron.

I got some Paul Anka music just to see what it's like I couldn't resist. Cheesy

Luke has mellowed and become more easy going hasn't he Smiley  He used to be such a grumpy mean person!!  I love how funny and annoying TJ is! He adds to Gilmore Girls's weird and wackyness Smiley  Luke is such a great big brother to Liz.  There is such love between them Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: