6.07 - Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2014, 12:42:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114520 Members
Latest Member: par

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.07 - Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number
Poll
Question: Do you think Lorelai and Rory will make up in the next 10 episodes?
Definitely
Never
Maybe { Things are definitely looking good }

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: 6.07 - Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number  (Read 51687 times)
lorelaigilmore16
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 06:28:38 pm »

I don't know if we need spoiler warnings or not, but here's mine in case we do.

My heart broke for Lorelai in this episode.  Not only because she really wanted to spend her daughter's 21st birthday with her, but also because it seemed like every attempt she made at reconnecting with Rory got thwarted.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. . . I don't like Rory, especially this season.  At least the grandparents (or at least Richard) are realizing that they screwed up and Lorelai was right.  it's going to take a lot to get Rory back on track and to make Lorelai and Rory's relationship better.  It hurt me to see Rory and Lorelai facing each other and talking like they were barely acquaintances (although there was a glimmer of their former relationship when they were talking about Paul Anka).  I was on the verge of tears, just like Lorelai.  

The only sweet part of the episode was Luke.  I love Luke.  There need to be more real guys like Luke Danes around.  I loved that he gave Rory his mom's necklace, that he conceeded to letting Lorelai make him part of her Halloween skit but most importantly, I LOVED the look on his face when Rory called him her "Stepfather to be."  He looked so honored.  
Mellabella505
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 06:31:37 pm »

OK so first post and everything - Have Luke and  Lorelai even said *I love you* to each other?

Nope, not on screen anyway!

I adore the Luke  Lorelai Relationship I think he's the type of guy she needs but how can two people decide to get married without evening saying I love you first. My personal opinion is - I'm only going to marry the guy I'm inlove with. Anyone else find this weird or  have aproblem with it?
GilmoreGirlAddict
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I Love Gilmore Girls

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 06:32:37 pm »

How about I cried almost the whole time.  I kept getting  my hopes up that things were going to get back to normal and then it was crushed.  It was so cute how excited Lor got when Rory called Luke to ask him if she was going to come to her party you could tell she had been waiting on that.  And how about when Luke gave Rory that necklace that was so meaning ful, and when Rory introduced Luke as her soon to be step dad you could tell Luke was taken back by that.  It is just killing me that they are not talking I mean they have a relationship that is very precious that is a relationship between a mother and a daugther and I am personally getting very pissed about how they are draging this out.   I mean okay make us wait ALL dang summer wondering when are they going to make up and now they are draging it along as much ask they can. OH and sorry to be so A.D.D about this but how about the opening recreating from many moons ago when Lor came into Rory's room I cried and cried cause that was suposed to be Lor.  Okay I promise people I am not crazy I just love this show and I am very frustrated about the way it's going I just hope Jess is going to save the day.   Feel free to IM or Email me SCPrincess0724@aol.com

I Love Gilmore Girls
Karlene
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 06:35:48 pm »

Question -

Rory was talking like the first person she had sex with was Logan.  (Rory to Logan: "I'll have to give a sweater to the next guy since I gave my treasure to you")

I thought that the first time Rory had sex was with Dean.

Is this a mistake in the writting?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 06:40:58 pm by Karlene » Logged
Mellabella505
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 06:38:11 pm »

Rory had sex with dean on the weekend luke and lorelai finally got busy and kissed and all that junk!  Lorelai caught them..was the weekend they had the inn test run

maybe the writers didnt want her to come off slutty? not that it is.
GilmoreGirlAddict
Stars Hollow Tourist

I Love Gilmore Girls

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 06:40:57 pm »

I thought it was funny that the grandparents had the rev to talk to Rory about sex

I Love Gilmore Girls
bookfreak
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 06:41:51 pm »

I adore the Luke Lorelai Relationship I think he's the type of guy she needs but how can two people decide to get married without evening saying I love you first. My personal opinion is - I'm only going to marry the guy I'm inlove with. Anyone else find this weird or have aproblem with it?

I do-- All last seaon I was waiting for the ILY moment, then when Lorelai proposed, I kind of went, What? But they haven't said it yet! I read an interview with Lauren Graham last year and she said she thought L/L had said ILY offscreen, but then you'd think there would still be some reference to it, like an offhand comment at the end of a conversation. I at least keep expecting a Lorelai/Emily conversation to include, "I love Luke! There's nothing you can do or say to stop that from happening." or something to that effect, but no. I would think maybe Luke would have said something by now since he always seemed the one more involved.

Need another good show? Watch Arrested Development on FOX! www.saveourbluths.com
Mellabella505
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 06:43:51 pm »

I know that pissed me off majorly! When she proposed it was the first thing I thought..SAY I LOVE YOU DAMNIT. I honestly think its like an omen or something - that that relationship isnt going to last.
pensiongirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 07:01:25 pm »

I was so relieved about tonight's show.  Finally Lor and Ror are talking...maybe it didn't look like much, but it's more then they have said to each other since this season began. This might be the light at the end of the tunnel.    I was so hoping that Lor would say to Rory "want a martini"... another relief is that L/L finally looked like a couple ... I've noticed that since the new season began that they haven't been affectionate to each other...I felt as if Lor didn't love him...but even though she never said it, you could see it tonight....it was so sweet...I agree with all of the posts for each great parts to tonights show.

One last thing about the ILY, I saw a blooper where Lorelai said ILY to Luke and when she realized what she said, she raised her arms and said "there you go, show is over" wonder what she meant by that.
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 07:06:42 pm »

Ahh! I'm so mad! These episodes are all ending so HORRIBLY, it's just lucky that one was funny or I would be ready to like burn my tv or something lol. This has to mean that next week everything will get fixed, it just has to!  Angry Cry

I respectfully disagree.  I thought it wrapped up and ended quite nicely.  I'm a little confused as to why Lorelai left early (it's not like Rory was shutting her out when she went to blow out her candles) but other than that I thought it was fine.  We can't really expect them to have fixed their relationship in one episode.  It takes steps to get back to a normal non-defensive relationship, and today was a step, not an unneccesary drag-out I don't think.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
~~BubbleTea~~
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 07:07:28 pm »

I was so relieved about tonight's show.  Finally Lor and Ror are talking...maybe it didn't look like much, but it's more then they have said to each other since this season began. This might be the light at the end of the tunnel.    I was so hoping that Lor would say to Rory "want a martini"... another relief is that L/L finally looked like a couple ... I've noticed that since the new season began that they haven't been affectionate to each other...I felt as if Lor didn't love him...but even though she never said it, you could see it tonight....it was so sweet...I agree with all of the posts for each great parts to tonights show.

One last thing about the ILY, I saw a blooper where Lorelai said ILY to Luke and when she realized what she said, she raised her arms and said "there you go, show is over" wonder what she meant by that.

I so agree with you. I was glad too because we finally (!) got to see Rory and Lorelai talking to each other. Rory's reaction when Lorelai said she had a dog made me think of the good old days  Smiley It was also cute at the end when Luke agreed to let Lorelai pull sausages out of his stomach cuz he knew she was sad awwwwwwwwww  Grin
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 07:11:47 pm »

Yeah this episode was alright. I mean I liked that Lorelai and Rory talked a little but it would of been cool if after Rory blew out the candles she could of gone after her mom. I think Lorelai REALLY wanted to talk to her and they were interupted.  Thats was sweet of Luke to give Rory that present.

I like that Jess is coming back in the upcoming episodes and telling Rory this isn't her.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

nikki

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 07:30:05 pm »

I don't know if we need spoiler warnings or not, but here's mine in case we do.

I didn't see any spoilers in your post, so you didn't need to give a warning after all Smiley

For future reference, no spoilers should be posted anywhere but the spoiler's thread, even with a warning.  Promo's on the other hand (the "Next week on GG" stuff) is not forbidden as far as I can tell (which is what made me fall off the PREE wagon cuz even if I avoided watching the Promo I still read about it here Smiley) but it is usually nice to give a warning like "Promo Info:" as someone did earlier in this thread.

The only sweet part of the episode was Luke.  I love Luke.  There need to be more real guys like Luke Danes around.  I loved that he gave Rory his mom's necklace, that he conceeded to letting Lorelai make him part of her Halloween skit but most importantly, I LOVED the look on his face when Rory called him her "Stepfather to be."  He looked so honored.  

I'll have to watch that again.  I did see a change in the look on his face, but I was so wrapped up in thinking "uh oh, Rory told that DAR woman.  Now Emily is going to find out about it at some DAR meeting or mixer and be caught off guard and be mad about it" that I thought Luke was also thinking along the same lines like "Oh geez, Rory, Lorelai hasn't told Emily yet so keep your big yap shut."  I was too busy projecting to see it the way you did, but I think you're right.  That's much nicer Smiley

Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 07:32:00 pm »

Luke cracked me up in this episode!
I love when Rory called and he was like
She was mad, and loud, and said hell. LOL!

Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko
nikki

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 07:44:27 pm »

Question -

Rory was talking like the first person she had sex with was Logan.  (Rory to Logan: "I'll have to give a sweater to the next guy since I gave my treasure to you")

I thought that the first time Rory had sex was with Dean.

Is this a mistake in the writting?

Rory had sex with dean on the weekend luke and lorelai finally got busy and kissed and all that junk!  Lorelai caught them..was the weekend they had the inn test run

maybe the writers didnt want her to come off slutty? not that it is.

I was thinking about that too.  I was like "Uhhhh, no.  He doesn't have it, you have to give HIM a sweater."  And then I started thinking about if Rory said it on purpose because she didn't really want to bring up the fact that he wasn't her first at that moment.  But I think really she was just in a very "ahhhhh!" mood mentally that it just came out wrong.

I don't think it was that the writers didn't want her to come off slutty.  If anything it's that they don't watch their own show and didn't know to whom Rory lost her virginity.  They made references to Rory being slutty in the episode when Lane realized she didn't want to have sex before she got married, so it doesn't seem to be taboo.  Plus they could have found a funny way to work in the sweater line and be accurate.  Something like "So apparently now I owe you a sweater" would have been funny still.

I swear, they should seriously hire some of us crazy people to review the scripts to point these flaws out to them before they actually start filming.  Either that or watch their own show Smiley
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 07:56:57 pm by nikki » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: