Lurk or Kirlu (Lulu and Kirk) - Tomcat was already taken
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 12:11:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115320 Members
Latest Member: Pcdyzvj

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Lurk or Kirlu (Lulu and Kirk) - Tomcat was already taken
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Lurk or Kirlu (Lulu and Kirk) - Tomcat was already taken  (Read 33695 times)
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2007, 08:37:54 am »

kirk, despite being the biggest dork in the town was a pretty decent guy. He cared for the town, he tried to help out lorelai a lot with free lotion, mail boxes, alarm systems... He works a tonne of jobs and always participated in town events.

Lulu sees that, but also sees that he's just a big kid at heart and since she teaches third grade she can relate to him very well and be supportive of his boyish qurks.

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2007, 12:35:29 pm »

I have always assumed there was an element of pity in Lulu's attraction for Kirk. She seems to have a big heart and would take pity on such a pitiful guy!

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2007, 04:13:46 pm »

I have always assumed there was an element of pity in Lulu's attraction for Kirk. She seems to have a big heart and would take pity on such a pitiful guy!

Yes, I had always wondered how long their relationship would last. For someone to care for a guy who still lives with his mom, doesn't have a steady job, and thinks up such crazy things in his small town...definitely has a big heart and caring nature. Though I can sometimes feel that there's a bit of pity from Lulu, I often wonder if maybe she's just the perfect thing for Kirk. I think what she feels for him and how she interacts with him, is genuine and real. She doesn't seem as though she's fake. She really seems like she'd be a good girlfriend to anyone. A great balance of fun and seriousness, with a great big heart! What more could you ask for!

I'm really glad that Kirk finally found someone who could tolerate him, appreciate him for who he is, and who's good for him. I think Kirk's a good guy...a little lost but he tries his best to do good! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2008, 05:42:53 pm »

It's good that kirk found someone! Cheesy

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2008, 09:32:54 pm »

Now they're (via Virtual Gilmore Girls Season Cool, Kirk & Lulu Gleason. 

He proposes to her Say Anything style and marries her at Luke's diner with Luke officiating the whole thing.

That's romantic yet Kirk. 
Marieke
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2008, 11:43:24 pm »

Kirk and Lulu - perfect match
but poor Lulu... a relationship with Kirk and his mum has to be very hard sometimes Smiley
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2008, 12:13:12 am »

Hehe that is a very good point Marieke.  I don't think I ever thought of that too much before.  Kirk and Lulu are perfectly matched, but add in Kirk's mother to the mix, and well that could be enough to test anybody's patience.

Please read Forum Rules
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2008, 08:17:00 am »

If Kirk's mom had any sense she would treat Lulu like a queen and be thankful that any gal - let alone such a special one - would love Kirk.  Smiley

Marieke
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2008, 08:19:30 am »

Yes! And I think a wedding would be very funny, because Kirk said once that he has 12 brothers and sisters =D
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2008, 12:42:52 am »

If Kirk's mom had any sense she would treat Lulu like a queen and be thankful that any gal - let alone such a special one - would love Kirk.  Smiley

I wonder what kind of mom Kirk's has! She sounds controlling and treats him like a child, of course all parents think of their grown-up kids as children but i think his mom is playing it to make him feel useless or helpless. Of course if he is with Lulu, he would eventually, probably, most likely move out and that's why she hates Lulu. Although i have a feeling if Kirk married Lulu, his mother would force her to move in as well.

Just for my own education, what makes Lulu special??? She seems almost normal to me.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:43:53 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2008, 08:20:25 am »

^ ^   Even if Lulu was merely "normal," that would be a step upwards for Kirk! I'm not sure what constitutes "normal," but the little we know of her showed a very sweet, caring and giving person. She seemed like the ideal kindergarten teacher, someone who is good with children. She must have had a strong ability to see the beauty in people if she was able to see that deeply into Kirk. Smiley

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2008, 06:44:47 am »

What a great answer! You are right, she must be a very, very special person if she can see that deeply into Kirk. Make that a "super hero"!

My fave scene that involved them is their first date when he was freaked out that she was laughing at his jokes and touching him and Luke was just as confused, ha, i was as confused!  Shocked

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: