The "Gilmore" Cars
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 01:27:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  The "Gilmore" Cars
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The "Gilmore" Cars  (Read 33559 times)
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »

I looked it up and did not find a thread like it. This is a place where you can chat about the cars.

I really like Lorelais jeep. I'm looking for one like it, but i can't seem to find one. If anyone knows anything then post it here!

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
GGlover1223
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 10:25:06 am »

Did anyone else realize that there is a different jeep used in the pilot and a different one for the 6th season. TWO of my favorite scenes every happened in the jeep. The one where Lorelai is dancing to "shadow dancing" and Emily comes up and knocks on the window (Lorelai is hiding in her car, in the driveway waiting for RORY to come to friday night dinner)
Other fave scene is the one where Paul Anka jumps into the car and locks himself in it when the contractors for lorelais house are on her roof and everything HAHA
I really like the episode when Lorelai drives the escalade too but my FAVE car on gilmore girls has to be LUKES TRUCK! so retro it rocks!   Kiss(I LOVE LUKE)
GilmoreFan623
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:00:23 pm »

Ha Ha Ha, I have to agree, the best car on Gilmore Girls is by far Lukes truck!! LOL

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
Gilmore-Fan-13
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 23

Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 02:00:38 pm »

Did anyone else realize that there is a different jeep used in the pilot and a different one for the 6th season. TWO of my favorite scenes every happened in the jeep. The one where Lorelai is dancing to "shadow dancing" and Emily comes up and knocks on the window (Lorelai is hiding in her car, in the driveway waiting for RORY to come to friday night dinner)
Other fave scene is the one where Paul Anka jumps into the car and locks himself in it when the contractors for lorelais house are on her roof and everything HAHA
I really like the episode when Lorelai drives the escalade too but my FAVE car on gilmore girls has to be LUKES TRUCK! so retro it rocks!   Kiss(I LOVE LUKE)

Yes, I did notice that Lorelai's jeep is a different color and a diiferent one for the 6th season.

Oy with the poodles already !
Potterxxx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 50

My new obssesion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:07:44 pm »

i knew it was different in the first four eppies of season one. i didnt know it was different in seaon six... i wonder what happened to it?
i love jeep wranglers... theyre my car! i love lukes truck too its so... luke. haha

**~Nora~**
Brian Hutchins
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 11:37:00 pm »

i am not really a big jeep fan but it definatly suits loreli i do however like lukes truck (to bad it a long box) i have always liked those 60's chevy trucks and that one is in excelent shape

GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 11:35:57 am »

i donno why, but i just really like lorelais jeep.

I really like the episode when Lorelai drives the escalade too but my FAVE car on gilmore girls has to be LUKES TRUCK! so retro it rocks! Kiss(I LOVE LUKE)
and that was soo funny, seeing her dance in her car. she was so funny!!

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 12:34:15 pm »

Yeah I noticed it to. In the first episode the jeep is tan with a tan hood and the rest of the time the jeep is tan with a black hood. Another thing did anyone notice that all the cars are from Chrysler? Sookie's car is also a jeep, and Luke's truck in a Dodge which is a Chrysler. I guess the show has a deal with them 

Brian Hutchins
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 12:40:36 pm »

Yeah I noticed it to. In the first episode the jeep is tan with a tan hood and the rest of the time the jeep is tan with a black hood. Another thing did anyone notice that all the cars are from Chrysler? Sookie's car is also a jeep, and Luke's truck in a Dodge which is a Chrysler. I guess the show has a deal with them 

actually lukes truck is a chevy but i did notice that there is a lot of chrysler products there have also been a few mercades in the show which just merged with diamler chrysler a while ago

LovinLauren
Town Resident

Tyra & Beyonce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 01:06:18 pm »

I love the episode in which Lore is dancing in her car and Emily comes up and taps oin the window haha And when she drives the escalade  Grin

If I had to have one car though I think it would be Rory's I don't really see myself driving Lor's or Luke's truck lol

I think Lauren does really like jeeps. I'm sure I saw a pic of her driving a black jeep car or summat Wink

**woo hoo Beyonce concert in June**
tater1103
Town Troubadour

"You can't miss the bear." - Shane Botwin, Weeds

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 01:09:55 pm »

haha, i love that scene when Lor is dancing in the car, i also really that song. i also loved Lor attempting to drive the escalade.

i actually drive a Jeep, not a wrangler like Lor's but a black grand cherokee, and i love it!! they are great vehicles.

thanks so much the girls4ever for the sig!!

Lorelai: "Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants!"

Java Junkie~Noddie~Flyswatter~Headliner

Proud BBB
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 02:00:52 pm »

My favorite car has to be Richard's. Even though you don't see it much, it's a well-designed car and it's cute too.  Kiss

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 06:55:08 pm »

I like Lorelai's Jeep and Luke's truck.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

laurenfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 11:11:23 pm »

I like Lorelai's Jeep and Lukes Truck because they have character,but I also like Rory's car because its good for the enviroment and get's good gas mileage Smiley

That scene when Lorelai is dancing in the car is halarious,I loved it when she jumped when Emily tapped on the window.

flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 06:10:51 am »

I liked that Richard and Emily bought Rory a Toyota Prius [Hybrid], a sensible, eco-friendly car, and not some snooty spoiled brat BMW or Mercedes convertible. I think the Prius really suits her, and I'd actually love to have one. And not because of Leonardo DiCaprio.

Those Are Strings, Pinocchio (season 3)

RORY: You got me a car?

RICHARD: We got you a car.

RORY: That's amazing. Thank you. Thank you. Which one is it?

LORELAI: Or did you get her one for every day of the week like the underwear?

RICHARD: We got her one car. It's a little Prius. It's safe, it gets great gas mileage.

EMILY: And it's the one that Leonardo DiCaprio drives.

The Lorelais' First Day at Yale (season 4)

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: