6.22 - Partings/Season Finale
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 10:53:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 104708 Members
Latest Member: B09T

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.22 - Partings/Season Finale
Poll
Question: Both actresses did an amazing performance in the finale........who do you think was the best though?  (Voting closed: May 28, 2006, 08:37:12 pm)
Lauren G. - 16 (40%)
Alexis B. - 8 (20%)
Tie (both were amazing) - 16 (40%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] Print
Author Topic: 6.22 - Partings/Season Finale  (Read 144736 times)
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: May 15, 2008, 04:36:10 pm »

It sucks that ABC Family won't show Season 7 but then again, maybe it was due to some contractual deals and such about syndication or whatever.  Yet, from the transcripts I've read about season 7 and all of those stories.  It's clear that the show was starting to crumble.  I don't know exactly what Amy Sherman and Daniel Palladino were aiming for but right towards the end of that episode where Luke and Lorelai fell apart and Lorelai going to Christopher definitely reached into a direction that I think kinda betrayed the tone of the show and made it into a soap opera.

Things were fine in GG fashion with the numerous troubadors that included Mary Lynn Rajskub (sp?), Yo La Tengo, Sonic Youth, Daniel Palladino, and Sam Phillips.  Grant Lee Phillips had a hilarious one liner about Neil Young "Hearts of Gold my ass".  Taylor, so clueless about music and, I'm not surprised if he was into someone as square as Pat Boone.  Note to Kirk, Neil Diamond wrote "I'm A Believer", not "Last Train to Clarksville". 

Logan and Rory's story was great and I can understand what Mitchum Huntzberger is trying to do for Logan but I think it's all up to Logan and he needs some time.  Rory's party for Logan was great though their last scene was sad and it at least proved, despite his faults, that Logan is worthy of Rory. 

I don't like Christopher.  I really, really, don't.  While it's clear that he and Lorelai have a history, to be set up on a date by Emily was dumb and I can understand Christopher's awkwardness.  The shrink character was fine but it didn't really go anywhere for Lorelai's character and it made her confused.  Even as she tried to avoid Luke, which in many ways was childish on Lorelai's part.

Then the ultimatum.  While I might be leaning towards Luke on the fact that they should just slow things down and talk about it.  The fact that he used his daughter as an excuse is just wrong of him.  Lorelai is right about the fact he should have them both in their lives so they can figure things out about how to establish a relationship with April.  Yet, as emotional as Lorelai was, her impatience and desperation really just really scared Luke.  In many ways, Luke and Lorelai both handled this wrongly.  It was Luke's hesitation and Lorelai's impatience that really broke them up the second time.  Many want to blame April for breaking them up but it's not her fault.  It was Anna's fault for not telling Luke for those 12 years.  Then there's Christopher.  He's not at fault for breaking them up either though he did do a lot of damage.  What he did was took advantage of Lorelai's emotions and live up to this teenage fantasy that he had in his head.  The look on his face as he went back to bed with Lorelai was like "I got Lorelai back!  I beat the diner guy!". 

If Luke and Lorelai via Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8 went back in time to that ultimatum and looked at themselves.  They'd probably be disgusted consider how content and at peace they are now since there's no pressure around them to get married or wanting a child.  Luke would've probably told himself to stop acting a complete pussy and just let April be in their lives and forget about Anna and her intimidating presence.  Lorelai would've told herself to stop the crybaby act, stop getting desperate, stop being impatient, and not go to Christopher for comfort. 

Everything that happened to Luke and Lorelai at the end of Season 6 and Season 7 was a mess and what they both had to do was swallow up a lot of pride and just say "I'm sorry" to each other and be in love again right in the end.  Thank God for Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8.  The first episode began with Luke taking Lorelai to his new boat and on a boat trip where they talked.  That boat trip signified the fact that they came onto that boat with a lot of the emotional baggage they went through in their relationship.  When they returned to Stars Hollow, they came back without the baggage and start all over again.  It wasn't easy.  There were some arguments, they were a lot of angry looks, and certainly a lot of walking away.  Yet, they got through it.  They talked things over, they got a chance to think, they got comfort each other.  They didn't cheat on each other.  Yet, the last episode of Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8 has them completely in-sync with each other, making plans for what's next, and gaining something far more valuable than some engagement ring, a wedding, or a boat.  Peace of mind. 

One of the most touching moments of that Season 8 finale was a new daily activity they do which is to walk with Paul Anka and just talk while walking around the pond nearby.  There's no one around them, there's no distraction.  Just them and Paul Anka.  It's something new they're trying and yet, it seems to be like a regular thing that's going to happen for them.  Especially at the point where they want a child and share that child with their family.  After all, the Gilmore-Danes family featuring Rory, April, Richard, Emily, Jess, Liz, T.J., Doula, and Liz/T.J.'s next child plus the Bellvilles, the Van Gerbigs, Miss Patty, Babette, Morey, Kirk, Lulu, Caesar, Gil, Brian, Gypsy, Andrew, Paris, Doyle, Michel, Taylor, and Mia is definitely one to anticipate.  They're all dysfunctional, eccentric, and a little bit crazy yet what child would not want to be surrounded by all of those people with Luke and Lorelai as their parents?
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 12, 2009, 09:59:58 pm »

all the Troubadours should've turned into Romero zombies, then eaten Taylor.

I can understand Lorelai breaking up with PUKE, but why go jump into bed with Christopher? Huh

not happy about that at all. Embarrassed
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1082 on: April 12, 2009, 10:54:15 pm »

Thus is the beginning of the end as Gilmore Girls officially jumps the shark. 
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 13, 2009, 06:33:13 am »

Thus is the beginning of the end as Gilmore Girls officially jumps the shark. 

Ugh, don't like the sound of that. Embarrassed
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1084 on: April 13, 2009, 11:32:14 am »

It happens to every show. 

Often when a new character is introduced or they bring a new kid to the series.

Then it often goes to when a main character sleeps with the person that he/she isn't supposed to sleep with.

After that, the show never becomes the same.  With this show, it was hard to pin-point where the show exactly jumped the shark. 

Was it when Rory slept with Dean?  Rory dropping out of Yale?  Luke discovering he has a long-lost daughter?  Or when Lorelai slept with Christopher?

It's these situations and all of the chaos that was Season 7 is reason for why fans are so desperate for a GG movie. 

calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 13, 2009, 03:08:52 pm »

The introduction of the April character was the "Jump the shark" moment for me.  Her introduction led to the L/L characters going away from their well established personalities.  Lorelai became passive and Luke started to become wishy-washy.  ASP must have been grasping for something to invigorate the show.  All it did for me is make the last season and a half a big disappointment.  I agree that season 7 left a lot to be desired and a GG movie would have been welcomed to tidy things up.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 13, 2009, 03:10:34 pm »

my $$$ is on Rory dropping out of Yale and Luke's Kid.

While I hate that it happened again, Lorelai slept with Christopher a few seasons back.

So that's nothing new.

Rory leaving Yale goes against the HEART of who she is, plus it was done because some a$$hole criticized her. Roll Eyes

Total BS on the writer's part.

April is an annoying kid, plain and simple. She just doesn't fit in GG world.
It's these situations and all of the chaos that was Season 7 is reason for why fans are so desperate for a GG movie. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:14:13 pm by Gilmore Gyrlie » Logged
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1087 on: June 07, 2009, 09:35:08 am »

Lorelai and chirs YESSSSSSS!!!! Finallly!!! I'm so glad about the lorelai luke break-up. (please don't hate me for that!) It just seems right to me. I loved all the troubudors hanging out in the hollow!!! Awesome episode!!!

bensgirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

Colin, you forgot you milkmaid

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 07, 2009, 10:16:06 am »

i just re-watched this episode and i love that Logan is leavin! i never liked him.
and i hate that Luke is tryin to make April fit into this and Lorelai's life. it's like Lorelai said it should be her fitin into their lives, not the other way around. April and her mom never wanted anythin from Luke. He was the one that went to her and it ruined everythin. i get that he wants to be a dad. but he made a promise to Lorelai way before he even knew April existed.

"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight..."
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: