6.22 - Partings/Season Finale
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 06:50:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475986 Posts in 1571 Topics by 111006 Members
Latest Member: MSummerli

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.22 - Partings/Season Finale
Poll
Question: Both actresses did an amazing performance in the finale........who do you think was the best though?  (Voting closed: May 28, 2006, 08:37:12 pm)
Lauren G. - 16 (40%)
Alexis B. - 8 (20%)
Tie (both were amazing) - 16 (40%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 Print
Author Topic: 6.22 - Partings/Season Finale  (Read 145787 times)
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: November 15, 2007, 02:58:56 pm »

If lauren showed up on my doorstep wanting to spend the night I would have tried the same thing chris did  Cheesy

gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1066 on: November 23, 2007, 04:27:09 pm »

I thought about this after in Health class we were talking about how TV wants us to think we can have random, unprotected sex with whomever, whenever without any consequences.  And for a second I was thinking, 'Gilmore Girls isn't like that, the whole show is about a negative consequence' with you know, Rory being born and everything.  But wait--they always portray Rory as a positive thing (and I'm not saying it never turns out like that for people).  AND Lorelai has plenty of sex (including in the episode) and Rory's done it with Dean and Logan and all that and no one has ever gotten an STD or anything like that.

I kind of had to get that out of my system.  Sorry if it didn't even really have that much to do with the episode!

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1067 on: December 23, 2007, 05:45:09 pm »

Just because Rory and Lorelai have sex doesn't mean it's not protected. Most people go on the pill once they start having sex regularly, and apart frpm the time Lor thinks she's pregnant, and she's eatig apples and whatnot, there's nothing to insinuate that when they have sex, it's unprotected.
People over the age of 18 (or 17, whatever it is in the US), have sex. It's a faxct of life, and if they tried to show on GG that they didn't, it would just be entirely unrealistic.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
hottamale8
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 30, 2007, 04:26:20 pm »

Amen Kate!
and Tucker I love your signature.

And again, Kate is absolutely right.People are having sex all the time these days. The fact that Rory made it through high school a virgin is rare and a good goal. A lot of the episodes dealt with Lorelai getting pregnant at 16 and how it turned out good for her but she would not reccomend it to anyone. I think that's the value they are trying to teach. People make mistakes, but it's how you learn from them and what you do with them that dictates who you are, not the mistakes themselves.

Gilmore Girls isn't about having unprotected sex whenever you want. And there are certainly consequences. When Lorelai slept with Christopher she officially ended her relationship with Luke and it pissed Rory off.
Okay not the sternest consequences but you get my drift.

April: It's like suck it New England!
KrystalT
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1069 on: February 17, 2008, 03:01:51 am »

I am so far behind everyone, but i just watched this episode now and i am thinking the same things that everyone said earlier in the thread. This whole season i have been waiting for it all to fall apart. I have to say that i feel so stupid for how affected i feel right now...i am shocked and really really just... sad Cry

Gotta love 'em together!

Thanks ImAGilmoreGirl for the sig!!
stacyface
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 18, 2008, 10:04:32 am »

I hate the ending of this episode! Luke was a jerk to Lorelai but she completely ruined it by making that now-or-never speech to Luke and then running off to sleep with Christopher. Lorelai turned back into an impulsive teenager (ha, i should talk). She was right to be angry at Luke but having sex with Christopher was self-destructive. This whole season was leading to disaster for Lorelai and Luke. They really gave it to us in this episode!

KrystalT
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1071 on: February 19, 2008, 12:11:38 am »

I hate the ending of this episode! Luke was a jerk to Lorelai but she completely ruined it by making that now-or-never speech to Luke and then running off to sleep with Christopher. Lorelai turned back into an impulsive teenager (ha, i should talk). She was right to be angry at Luke but having sex with Christopher was self-destructive. This whole season was leading to disaster for Lorelai and Luke. They really gave it to us in this episode!

I know what you mean, i was watching this whole season with a horrible feeling in my stomach because you could see that it was all going to blow up in the end I felt bad for days after watching this episode!!!

Gotta love 'em together!

Edelweiss
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 25, 2008, 05:33:06 pm »

I was soooo broken hearted when I saw Rorys face start to scrunch up when Logan was saying goodbye...gah, my heart broke!

As for Lorelai and Luke, I think Luke is being incredibly unfair. She was totally right when she said "You have to see how April fits into our lives, not the other way around"... Luke made a commitment to Lorelai and its really bad of him to ignore it because of April.

Edelweiss
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 25, 2008, 05:35:01 pm »

I know what you mean, i was watching this whole season with a horrible feeling in my stomach because you could see that it was all going to blow up in the end I felt bad for days after watching this episode!!!

Oh I know! It really does leave you feeling bad.... not to mention, im a little upset about the fact that Amy Sherman-Palladino didnt write season 7... I really hope it wraps it all up at the end (dont ruin it for me yet... I get season 7 in the mail any day now!)

KrystalT
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1074 on: February 26, 2008, 01:26:19 am »

I was soooo broken hearted when I saw Rorys face start to scrunch up when Logan was saying goodbye...gah, my heart broke!

As for Lorelai and Luke, I think Luke is being incredibly unfair. She was totally right when she said "You have to see how April fits into our lives, not the other way around"... Luke made a commitment to Lorelai and its really bad of him to ignore it because of April.

Your so right!!! I keep wondering why the April thing was such a big deal, she obviously loves Lorelai and I think she would have been happy for them... Luke was a jerk... and Lorelai acted too impulsively; but in saying that, i dont know that i would act different in the situation, you would want him to hurt! (Luke i mean)

Gotta love 'em together!

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 26, 2008, 03:47:11 am »

I have been wondering lately what was the big problem! Luke made the whole April thing much bigger that what it really was and Lorelai made marrying to him in "JUNE" such a big deal. Which makes me think that both Luke and Lorelai had other issues and were covering them up by pushing April and the June Wedding thing.

I sometimes wonder, was Lorelai really interested in being in love? I feel that she was just looking for someone to grow old with, not necessary being just in love with. That's her rush for the marriage, it was her guarantee that she'll wake up next to someone till the end. She didn't really lose Luke in this season, she just lost the opportunity of getting married in June and that drove her crazy. April wasn't really the problem to Lorelai because even at the end of this episode, she didn't say let me part of April's life or you won't see me again. She said let's get married now or you won't see me again.

As for Luke, he was afraid of getting married. Which i think was the silliest thing ever. He was dying to get out with Lorelai for eight years and here he was just trying to make any excuse to postpone the wedding.

Both Lorelai and Luke have serious issue with changes. He can't imagine getting out of SH even if it was for college and can't get out of his father's office and she can't get out of her house. I am pretty sure if she had to choose between finding love or leaving her house, she would not leave her house. They both have created this little safe environment for themselves and got trapped. Probably that's why they couldn't make it work.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:45:48 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Edelweiss
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 26, 2008, 09:25:04 am »

I have been wondering lately what was the big problem! Luke made the whole April thing much bigger that what it really was and Lorelai made marrying to him in "JUNE" such a big deal. Which makes me think that both Luke and Lorelai had other issues and were covering them up by pushing April and the June Wedding thing.

I sometimes wonder, was Lorelai really interested in being in love? I feel that she was just looking for someone to grow old with, not necessary being just in love with. That's her rush for the marriage, it was her guarantee that she'll wake up next to someone till the end. She didn't really lose Luke in this season, she just lost the opportunity of getting married in June and that drove her crazy. April wasn't really the problem to Lorelai because even at the end of this episode, she didn't say let me part of April's life or you won't see me again. She said let's get married now or you won't see me again.

As for Luke, he was afraid of getting married. Which i think was the silliest thing ever. He was dying to get out with Lorelai for eight years and here he was just trying to make any excuse to postpone the wedding.

Both Lorelai and Luke have serious issue with changes. He can't imagine getting out of SH even if it was for college and can't get out of his father's office and she can't get out of her house. I am pretty sure if she had to choose between finding love or leaving her house, she would not leave her house. They both have created this little safe environment for themselves and got trapped. Probably that's why they couldn't make it work.

Wow thats so right. I never even really thought of the symbolism behind their houses!

I just really dont want to see Lorelai with Christopher anymore. I cant stand Christopher. He is always ruining everything just when its getting good and then disappearing out of her life. Im tired of her screwing everything up because of Christopher.

stacyface
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 08, 2008, 06:02:35 pm »

I just really dont want to see Lorelai with Christopher anymore. I cant stand Christopher. He is always ruining everything just when its getting good and then disappearing out of her life. Im tired of her screwing everything up because of Christopher.

I do not think Christopher was to blame for Lorelai "screwing everything up". Lorelai went to his house voluntarily. She made the decision herself. We do not know exactly what happened between her arrival at his house and the next morning but it was never suggested that Christopher forced Lorelai into doing anything. In the next episode that started season 7 we see that Christopher is interested in something serious. That shows he wanted Lorelai in his bed for much more than the one night.

For Lorelai and Luke, nothing was "getting good". It was all a disaster, all the episodes leading up to this one, and it was their own faults. Christopher had nothing to do with the break-up between Lorelai and Luke. Luke was a jerk for keeping April away from Lorelai and forever postponing the wedding. Lorelai made the mistake of not speaking up about it loudly enough. I mostly like Lorelai and Luke as a couple but not during these episodes.

chloe070
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 11, 2008, 06:58:08 am »

I refuse to watch that episode (since I saw the Preview on Youtube) so I only watch the earlier seasons
KrystalT
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1079 on: March 13, 2008, 01:25:40 am »

Its just a horrible way to end a relationship... one that obviously shouldnt have ended! But in saying that... it really did have the suspense of a really good cliff hanger!

Gotta love 'em together!

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: