Win a Season Six DVD Set from GilmoreGirls.org!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 11:34:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Win a Season Six DVD Set from GilmoreGirls.org!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Win a Season Six DVD Set from GilmoreGirls.org!  (Read 42150 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2006, 02:51:25 am »

Hello ORG Forumers,

I am happy to announce that over the course of the next few weeks GilmoreGirls.org will be giving away four sets of Gilmore Girls season six DVDs.  The boxed DVD sets will be awarded as prizes for various contests that will be held on GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum.

To start things off, the first contest will consist of a random drawingTo enter, you simply need to reply to this thread and include a short post (one or two sentences only) with your favorite moment or quote from season six[/color]. 

Contest rules and information:

• You must be a GilmoreGirls.org Forum member who registered on the site before September 19th, 2006.
  • The contest begins September 19, 2006 at 12:01 AM PDT and ends September 25, 2006 at 11:59 PM PDT.
  • Forum members who are under 18 years of age require parent or guardian consent to participate.
  • The contest is open to residents worldwide, but the prize is available only as a 'region 1' (U.S. and Canada) DVD set.
  • The winner must be willing to provide GilmoreGirls.org with his or her mailing address (which will not be shared with any third party).
  • GilmoreGirls.org reserves the right to amend the rules at any time without notice for any reason.

The contest winner will be selected at random on or around September 26, 2006.  He or she will be notified via ORG Forum PM and e-mail.  The winner has three days to claim his or her prize.  If contact cannot be established with the first selected winner, another contest participant will be selected at random until a winner is reached.

All contest questions or comments can be posted in this thread, but I ask that everyone please keep all messages on topic.

To reiterate ...

• This is a random drawing contest.
  • The prize is one season six Gilmore Girls DVD set.
  • To enter, reply to this thread and include a short post (one or two sentences only) with your favorite moment or quote from season six.

Thank you and good luck to all!

~Heidi 

Flame    Flame
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 08:38:01 am »

My favorite moment was when Rory and Lorelai started speaking again. We fans had been waiting for so long to have our girls back together and it was great to watch them come back to each other. I was teary when I saw it and I still am today. At that moment all the Gilmore Girl memories came back and I really missed it when they were in a fight.

Besides that one of the best things was we got Rory back!!  Smiley

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 10:49:13 am »

Okay here is my favorite quote from season 6. It's when Rory has her "breakdown" in the therapist's office. Love this!

Rory: I'm a treat. I-I don't know what I'm going to do! I can't take running him into him everyday, the paper, the hallways, coffee cart. Oh my God! I'm going to have to stop drinking coffee! And I love coffee! (starts to cry harder) I really love coffee!

Cheesy

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 11:16:49 am »

heidi,

i really like this idea, but somehow: as quite many people on the forum are not from canada or america and cannot participate, because the dvds would not work in their country....i think it is a bit unfair.....i mean could you not also give away stuff from gg that can be used in every country (eg: clothing or coffee mugs?)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:17:55 am by talkingfriend » Logged

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
urbanmonkey
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 01:15:10 pm »

I think my favorite moment from Season 6 was where we heard Luke say "I love you" to Lorelai.

Luke:  You know I love you right?
Lorelai:  I really need to hear that once in a while.
Luke:  I love you, and I'm gonna marry you and at our wedding...we are having lobster.

EmilySunshine
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 01:35:22 pm »

My favorite quote would have to be when Luke is talking about the "Rory" drink.
Luke: This tastes pink. Really pink. It's really bad, it's like drinking My Little Pony.

-Waiting for season 7 on dvd, don't spoil!

By me

Thanks Shelby!
trish5713
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 116

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 02:04:29 pm »

i love the episodes before april shows up.  it's so nice to see lorelai and luke happy and engaged.  i love this quote.  it's from "the new and improved lorelai" and i think it's so cute

Lorelai: I mean we're getting married, Luke. Married. You and me. Luke 'Table for one' Danes and Lorelai 'I'm sorry can I get an industrial forklift for my emotional baggage' Gilmore are getting married.

sig by me!  need one?  just send me a pm Cheesy
Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 02:11:39 pm »

ooh ooh,

Oh hang on, we haven't seen season 6 in South Africa Sad oh well.

C

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
EternalFlame
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

Christopher & Lorelai Lover

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 02:16:58 pm »

This is my favorite part of season 6. When Lorelai gets the perspective she needed to make her realize how badly she'd been treated. YAY for Lorelai getting her mind back, maybe she'll be the gilmore girl we all know and love this season!

Linny: So, what you gonna do? Only you can make you wait. Nobody else can. You need to decide what you want and what you're willing to give up to get it. And then you've got to be okay with that. Or you've got to be okay with waiting.
Lorelai: I could lose him if I pushed too hard.
Linny: You don't really seem to have him now. At least not the way you want to have him. You won't get anything unless you ask for it. Then if you ask for it and you don't get it, maybe it wasn't worth having in the first place. Some things are just never meant to be. No matter how much we wish they were.
Lorelai: Can only imagine what you could do if you had a couch.

Grin Aspiring Middy Grin Aimee Elizabeth- Causing Fear In Mothers Hearts Since 1988

Christopher & Lorelai Belong Together - CW stands for Cash Winnings
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 02:35:28 pm »

My favorite moment in season six is when Luke accept's Lorelai's proposal.  Its such a beautiful moment even though the rest of the season didnt make it easy for them.  This is by far my fav moment, reminds us of when it was good.

By the way as long as the person who wins has a multi-zone player they should be able to play the DVD's in there country.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:38:14 pm by thelostgilmoregirl » Logged

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 02:36:27 pm »

My favorite GG moment was in "But Not As Cute As A Pushkin". It was hilarious when Logan, Colin, and Finn were doing that skit. Especially, Finn. His outfit was sooo cute and this is my favorite quote from the episode.
Finn: Dammit, Gilmore. Give 'em back their balls.
Cheesy
Thanks! I hope I win! Smiley

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
gilmoreguyforlife
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 02:47:20 pm »

When Rory got really mad at Emily and left her house, I was just cheering and celebrating, because I didn't like the situation, although I do love the Gilmores.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:51:16 pm by gilmoreguyforlife » Logged
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 03:11:14 pm »

my favourite part is when lorelai was hungover and she is yelling at fred in the kitchen of the dragonfly, and hearing all the things we didn't see hehe, esp super cool pary people and the americas next top model audition tape...funny stuff!!

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 03:30:04 pm »

ooh, ohh! Sounds FUN! My favorite moment is when Gigi marks on the floor and Lorelai goes *gasp* FUNNY  Grin

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
rorylovesjess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 52

Plz call me Maddie...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 04:02:27 pm »

My favorite Season 6 moment was the moment the Gilmore Girls became the Gilmore Girls again! I was holding back tears when Lorelai dashed towards Rory from outside of her house! Everybody was waiting so long for them to be okay again, and it was just a huge relief and joy to see them hugging each other with an "I love you kid" attached. Cheesy

Hopes I wins! Smiley

banner made by unseen_shadows

Literati~JavaJunkie~Hamburger Hater~Flyswatter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: