Gilmore Girls on DVD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 03:12:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475986 Posts in 1571 Topics by 111161 Members
Latest Member: JDQQ

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Gilmore Girls on DVD
Poll
Question: Do you have the season six box set on reserve?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls on DVD  (Read 31749 times)
Morada
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

VA Beach, VA

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:43:32 am »

Everyone knows the Season 5 DVD set will be on sale December 13, 2005 in the USA.  Amazon.com is taking orders. 

Thought I would start this new thread on DVD release dates so I could reference it in the Community area.

It only takes one kiss...

to speak from the heart.
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:58:02 pm »

YEAH I KNOW! IM SOOOOOO BUYING IT BECAUSE I HAVENT SEEN SOME OF SEASON 5 BECAUSE I WATCH AMERICAN IDOL TO! I WATCH AMERICAN IDOL OF GGIRLS WHEN ITS ON BECAUSE GGIRLS PLAYS RERUNS AND AMERICAN IDOL DOESN'T! IM STILL SO BUYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley

Rider
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 06:52:58 am »

Hello, I have 3 season on DVD, and mayby someone wants to cnanging with me. especially someone who lives in Europe, because I`m from Ukraine.
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 09:20:33 am »

There are still no DVD's in The Netherlands. So we Dutchies are pretty much being screwed over here.  Sad Lips Sealed

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

Capsicum
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 03:07:45 pm »

Why?
There are no DVDs in my country either, but there's always online ordering from USA or UK, for example... No problem?  Huh
Claire
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

Formerly of the cbear.ca variety

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 03:10:32 pm »

To anyone who owns the season 4 set: Were the extras good? I'm pretty set on buying it, but I don't want to pump myself up if the features aren't super great so some opinions would be helpful.

Claire |Clachellina|

Lit/4Cl/Gang Banger/Vendelis/JJ
Now I am up in arms again
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 03:22:32 pm »

Why?
There are no DVDs in my country either, but there's always online ordering from USA or UK, for example... No problem?† Huh

I've never done that before. Isn't that expensive? And will my DVD player be able to play them? And I think GG is the kind of show it might be nice to have the subtext of.  Wink Grin

Capsicum
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 04:40:22 pm »

Actually, it's usually cheaper! That may differ from country to country I suppose, but for me it's usually cheaper to buy imports over the internet. There are some great searchengines to find the best price, probably your country has some of its own. You can always start with pricerunner otherwise. Its not the best, maybe, but pretty well known. Others can, I am sure, give you their own preferences?  Smiley
If your DVD can play them I don't know. It depends on your player. Is it fixed to region two? If so, you can't watch region one. But these days almost all players sold are region free (again, in my country). Not all DVDs have fixed region encoding either, I actually don't know with the GG DVDs since I don't have to worry about it. But the sites selling DVDs inform about region encoding.
But if you need/want the subtitles I guess you'll just have to wait after all. Sure it would be nice to have, but I'm just not that patient!  Wink

(I've bought most DVDs from cdwow.com since they had nice prices for me, although the shipping took some time, but I'm not sure which countries they sell to. Check around, there's got to be better places than the ones I've found!  Grin )
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 05:46:07 am »

To anyone who owns the season 4 set: Were the extras good? I'm pretty set on buying it, but I don't want to pump myself up if the features aren't super great so some opinions would be helpful.

Claire, the extras aren't really that great! There is the Gilmore Goodies and Gossip for Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist

Who Wants to Get Together- Season's most Romantic Moments

And a Stars Hollow Challenge- Trivia

And some of the eps have deleted scenes

Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko
~~Eternity~~
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 05:52:29 am »

They should include bloopers in the DVDs. It would be sooooo funny  Cool

Anyone know if season 5 dvd would have something of the sort?
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 06:01:28 am »

I agree they should include bloopers, but of course they don't.

Here is the list of extras on the season 5 dvd's

-Audio Commentary: with ASP and DP on Wedding Bell Blues
-Documentaries: The GG turn 100 a in depth look at the making of the 100th episode
-Easter Eggs
-Featurette: Behind the scenes of the 100th episode
-Ohther: Who Wants to talk Gilmore Montage of Season 5's best dialogue exchanges

Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko
White Onyx
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 06:12:14 am »

Actually, it's usually cheaper! That may differ from country to country I suppose, but for me it's usually cheaper to buy imports over the internet. There are some great searchengines to find the best price, probably your country has some of its own. You can always start with pricerunner otherwise. Its not the best, maybe, but pretty well known. Others can, I am sure, give you their own preferences?† Smiley
If your DVD can play them I don't know. It depends on your player. Is it fixed to region two? If so, you can't watch region one. But these days almost all players sold are region free (again, in my country). Not all DVDs have fixed region encoding either, I actually don't know with the GG DVDs since I don't have to worry about it. But the sites selling DVDs inform about region encoding.
But if you need/want the subtitles I guess you'll just have to wait after all. Sure it would be nice to have, but I'm just not that patient!† Wink

(I've bought most DVDs from cdwow.com since they had nice prices for me, although the shipping took some time, but I'm not sure which countries they sell to. Check around, there's got to be better places than the ones I've found!† Grin )

The subtitles I don't actually need, but who knows maybe they go to fast for me to hear it, then I'd like to check. But the region might be a problem for me. Jeez why aren't they out in The Netherlands yet?! Stupid goverment!

TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 06:16:58 am »

I loved the season 4 DVD, but I really thought that the Season's Most Romantic Moments...weren't very romantic.  Maybe that's just me.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
~~Eternity~~
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 08:21:50 am »

I agree they should include bloopers, but of course they don't.

Here is the list of extras on the season 5 dvd's

-Audio Commentary: with ASP and DP on Wedding Bell Blues
-Documentaries: The GG turn 100 a in depth look at the making of the 100th episode
-Easter Eggs
-Featurette: Behind the scenes of the 100th episode
-Ohther: Who Wants to talk Gilmore Montage of Season 5's best dialogue exchanges

Cool... Thanks Lindsay! Well at least they have an "in depth look at the making of". That should be interesting...especially for people like me who still have not had the chance to tour the WB studios!!
*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 166

Life is short so talk fast!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 06:06:38 pm »

I loved the season 4 DVD, but I really thought that the Season's Most Romantic Moments...weren't very romantic.† Maybe that's just me.

It's not just you.I didn't think the moments were very romantic either.  Sad

Lorelai: "Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home."

Sookie: "What† happens if you eat 13 blueberries? Would you die?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: