GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 03, 2020, 09:16:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: So how old are you?
19 - 40 (17.3%)
20 - 23 (10%)
21 - 32 (13.9%)
22 - 23 (10%)
23 - 19 (8.2%)
24 - 15 (6.5%)
25 - 20 (8.7%)
26 - 16 (6.9%)
27 - 12 (5.2%)
28 - 13 (5.6%)
29 - 10 (4.3%)
30 - 8 (3.5%)
Total Voters: 228

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans 19-30yrs: The Middy Thread  (Read 617677 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: September 23, 2008, 08:02:05 pm »

I too, hate planes. I don't like the going up and don't like the going down part. Once I'm in the air it's a little easier to handle, but I'm not very relaxed in them. I always think about the possibility that we could crash or have to go through an emergency landing. I  totally agree with you about traveling and how it reminds you that your way isn't the only way. There's so many different "ways" around the world that there couldn't be only one way. It's good to remember that we're not the only ones who walk this earth. And to keep an open mind about other ways of doing things, viewing things, feeling about things. It keeps life interesting!

That's a big part of why I like coming here, to converse with others from around the world. They share other thoughts and insights into things that keep my mind fresh and open! Smiley

I hope to travel back to Korea some day. That's one place that I'm really interested in for their culture, their way of life, their thinking. It's so interesting to me that I could have grown up there and how different it would have been had I lived there and not been adopted. Living in the US has opened my eyes to many things, some things I wish were different and some things I'm really appreciative and thankful for living here. I think most everyone feels that way about the country/place they live in.

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: September 24, 2008, 10:45:16 am »

Oooops...I think I meant "it's almost October yet". I forgot an important word in there! Tongue Thanks for catching it, Marlies the Magnificent! I hope that you enjoy uni abroad! You sure are taking the saying 'life life to the fullest' to heart, aren't ya?! That's awesome! Where are studying? I know that 'abroad' for you doesn't mean the same as it would me. I hope that you figure things out, but don't worry about them too much until it's necessary! It's good to plan and think about your life, but it changes so expect change. I can't wait to hear about how things go for your when you start uni in two weeks! How excitement! Celebrate

sooks oh lovely sooks, magnificent? *blush*...

oh yes..i am trying my best to make my life adventurous..and fortunately i have great parents who help me make everything
i could ever dream of, happen (that sounds cheesy, but it is true)

oh i am getting so excited...excited that i will go back to studying! i am a freak...
no the whole uni experience is very full on and fun (the social side) especially in Britain
uni is a BIG thing there...a bit like highschool in America i guess
highschool in europe is not as social i think as in the US

i will be going to a small city in the North of england (york)
and i will be studying Psychology  *everybody slowly walks backwards...trying to flee from the crazy person
that will start psychoanalying their behaviour every second* (no i am not like that, not yet *grin*)

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: September 24, 2008, 03:24:50 pm »

York's a cracking place talkingfriend I'm sure you will love the Uni and the city

--

gilmoreren's back in the house ... reckon we'll see some newbies on here with the E4 showings of GG? I hear they're gonna run 6 and 7 soon

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: September 24, 2008, 05:27:19 pm »

Marlies the Magnificent I'm so glad that you're able to do so many awesome things and to really get to live life! I mean, not that if you don't get to do all that you're doing, you wouldn't be living life. You know what I mean. I hope your studies go well! I was going to major in Psychology when I first went back to school. I love studying it and analyzing people...it's fun! I know that you'll do well in whatever it is you do, so just enjoy every moment of it! It's great to have you back here and to get to hear from you again. I'd missed ya!

gilmoreren Long time since I've seen you around the forums. Glad that you came back! What's E4? It's good that whatever it is, I'm assuming it's a channel, that it's showing GG again! That might bring some interest back into the episodes and show, even with the current members.

It's a really long week! I can't believe how long it is. It's only going to be Thursday and it seems like another weekend should have happened in between now and the last weekend. Work seems to be going really slow right now, can't get into it. I think I need a change in my life, but don't know what it would be....

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4084 on: September 25, 2008, 01:23:56 am »

Psych is awesome to study, I had to do one course, and a couple of my friends are majoring i it, it's really interesting stuff

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
gilmoreren

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: September 25, 2008, 01:11:35 pm »

gilmoreren Long time since I've seen you around the forums. Glad that you came back! What's E4? It's good that whatever it is, I'm assuming it's a channel, that it's showing GG again! That might bring some interest back into the episodes and show, even with the current members.

It's a really long week! I can't believe how long it is. It's only going to be Thursday and it seems like another weekend should have happened in between now and the last weekend. Work seems to be going really slow right now, can't get into it. I think I need a change in my life, but don't know what it would be....

Hey! thanks for the welcome back Wink

E4 is a british TV channel and it is showing all 7 seasons of the gilmore girls so it's a great way for a whole new audience of young people to get into the show.

It has been such a long week. But I have friday afternoon off - woo!

Changes are good, scary but good.

--
I'm a C19 girl

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: September 25, 2008, 06:24:48 pm »

Hey gilmoreren...

What are you planning to do on a Friday afternoon? It's good that you have it off and can enjoy an early start to the weekend. That's awesome that E4 is showing all seven seasons of the Gilmore Girls!! Are they showing them in a row? Good to have ya back!! Smiley

~MS

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmoreren

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:03 am »

Hey gilmoreren...

What are you planning to do on a Friday afternoon? It's good that you have it off and can enjoy an early start to the weekend. That's awesome that E4 is showing all seven seasons of the Gilmore Girls!! Are they showing them in a row? Good to have ya back!! Smiley

~MS

Hey,

I left work at lunchtime and went on train to the folks for a nice birthday weekend

--
I'm a C19 girl

Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4088 on: October 02, 2008, 12:29:37 am »

Whats up Middy's!!! Grin
Howz everyone doing?! Hope your weeks are going well!!!
Wow!! Reshowing GG is awesome... one of the channels here in SA is currently showing Season 5 only... so they have 2more seasons... Cheesy
~C

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: October 03, 2008, 07:59:51 pm »

Hey gilmoreren...

~MS

Hey,

I left work at lunchtime and went on train to the folks for a nice birthday weekend
How was your birthday?? Hope it was a great celebration of life!! Celebrate

Hey Chris It's awesome when stations replay The Girls! I wish that more often they were replayed. I don't get to see them on television, but luckily, I own the DVD's. I don't know what I'd do without my DVD's. I think they're one thing that I would take on an island if I could only take so many things...pending another thing was a tv and dvd player! Wink I could re-watch the episodes over and over and over and over again...and over!

How's everyone's weekend starting out? Hope all is well for all! Grin haha!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: October 20, 2008, 07:42:36 am »

Psych is awesome to study, I had to do one course, and a couple of my friends are majoring i it, it's really interesting stuff

awesome, but hard

if it gets too annoying..i will sit back relax..and take one of the complete gg seasons (got 5 to choose from in my room) from the bookshelf
and watch a bit...... life, love, magic....

uni started a week ago..but the first lecture was not until today

the past week was filled with events..a lot of them revolved around drinking..
but i also got to see an interesting museum, snowboard (and help the uni team win), joi clubs, get free stuff
listen to important people speaking....

my room is bigger than i thought..git my own bathroom too
i share a kitchen with 15 other people..but we are never all present at the same time
made friends already..having fun....

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: October 20, 2008, 07:40:06 pm »

Wow, Marlies! That's pretty good, your own bathroom and bigger room! I had to share my bathroom with others the whole time I was away at school. It was better when I only had to share it with three others but still. Good for you! Smiley Lots of drinking huh? I wouldn't have guessed different. Be careful!! But have fun! I'm so happy that you've started! I know that you'll enjoy your time there! And think of all the experiences you've already had so far! You're amazing! I hope that you have time to come back for an update every now and then. I'm eager to find out how your time at uni is going. Grin Take good care, my friend!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: October 24, 2008, 12:43:28 pm »

^^for you my friend, i'd always come back..cause you make me smile and that is what counts in life  Smiley

today i am going to a charity/fundraising event on campus

it is a beach/surf themed party

so i am wearing a beach dress...but do not forget..it is late autumn here

there will be karaoke, surf simulators, cool music, beach themed cocktails...
also you are given a sticker that indicates if you are taken/single/ or "maybe"
i am settling for maybe..single is too desperate and stressy

how is everyone else doing?

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: October 25, 2008, 09:25:09 am »

Awww, MAarlies, you're too good to me! I'm glad that I can keep ya coming around though! You too, make me smile and that truly is what counts in life! So, here's to more and more smiles! Grin Grin

Your beach party fundraiser sounds awesome...a bit cold perhaps, but great fun! Hope that it's a big success!

I want to hear about what songs you sang karaoke to...come on...I know that you did! Wink ha!

Life is busy busy right now but that's what keeps life moving and interesting! I'm not complaining. I've got a couple's wedding shower for my sister tomorrow that I've been planning and working on for the last month. I'm excited and they're excited so it should be good. Work has been keeping me so busy - but that's never going to change I don't think. And I'm actually figuring time to get some reading one. Oh and I got accepted to begin my graduate work in January! Yay! I'm excited but at the same time, don't want to have to work on studying so much. It will be all done in a year and half and then no more school, EVER! ha! So that's the major recap for now.

Come back when you can, Magnificent Marlies! We'll be here waiting! Smiley

Hope everyone's weekend is going well! GIve us an update when you can...

Cheers~

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: December 08, 2008, 11:57:05 am »

Hello all, do not mean to interrupt any conversation, but as I have been away for a long while now, thought I should re-introduce myself!!!

so re-introductions! Im 19, second year at uni, a Brit, um have been away for a while, been a bit crazy!!!!!

Hope all are well, hopefully I shall actually continue to contribute after this time away from the forum!!

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275
  Print  

Jump to: