Nicole Leahy Unappreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 04:12:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 105620 Members
Latest Member: DHanson

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Unappreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Nicole Leahy Unappreciation
Poll
Question: What is your opinion on Nicole?
she's ok I guess.... - 6 (13.3%)
I HATE HER! - 23 (51.1%)
I don't like her - 16 (35.6%)
I like her! - 0 (0%)
BRING HER BACK! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Nicole Leahy Unappreciation  (Read 11615 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 08:51:37 am »

Everything changed once Nicole cheated on Luke, but until then i didn't think she was so bad. I always thought of Nicole as someone for Luke to date and not much more. He did not move forward with his dream girl Lorelai, he stuck with his "just friends" line, so he needed someone to go out with. I blame the spontaneous marriage on both of them and don't want to put it all on Nicole. Luke also went along with the idea of dating rather than divorcing, so again it's not all on her. But of course, she brings up that idea and then cheats on him, what's up with that?

I did not see Nicole as Luke's type. A lawyer for Luke? I don't think so. He made a point of saying he hated lawyers during their divorce, so why did he date and marry one?

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 09:23:01 am »

I just didn't see the point of Nicole's character she was just there. yeah hse was nice but she so wasn't Luke's type and I dunno I think it was just one of those things where writers think that they need to spice the show up a bit so they add another relationship that they can tear apart! Instead they should have gotten the Luke and Lorelai ball rollling!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 09:35:58 am »

I did not see Nicole as Luke's type. A lawyer for Luke? I don't think so. He made a point of saying he hated lawyers during their divorce, so why did he date and marry one?

Maybe he didn't before, but got fed up of them after he met Nicole  Grin

But yeah, I didn't get her character either. All they ever did was fight, all we got was a bit of L/L emotion, and then they just broke up. Oh, and we got Jess' "Should I go take a long shower" and "I'm going now", something like that anyway, lol.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 09:38:41 am »

I just didn't see the point of Nicole's character she was just there. yeah hse was nice but she so wasn't Luke's type and I dunno I think it was just one of those things where writers think that they need to spice the show up a bit so they add another relationship that they can tear apart! Instead they should have gotten the Luke and Lorelai ball rollling!

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking. Luke had nothing much going on and was due for a relationship so the writers gave him one and it inevitably went bad. Interesting that Nicole was jealous over Lorelai, similar to what happened with Rachel! Rachel had told Luke not to wait too long before telling Lorelai how he felt. If he had taken Rachel's advice he might have avoided the mess with Nicole. But i think the writers enjoy messing with the main characters, making their lives as difficult as possible.  Smiley

lol - I like how Seni finds a way to bring Jess into the topic! True Literati in action!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:41:43 am by bingbong » Logged

Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 11:19:11 pm »

Doesnt anyone remember this conversation ??

LORELAI: It really was great of you to come, Luke. It meant a lot to her.

LUKE: It was fun.

LORELAI: So if I don't see you, have fun on your trip with Nicole.

LUKE: Oh, we may not go now.

LORELAI: What? You were really looking forward to it.

LUKE: I don't know if the timing's right and. . .things are kinda weird right now.

LORELAI: Oh no.

LUKE: What?

LORELAI: It's because I teased you about the commitment thing and proposing. I ruined it.

LUKE: No, that's not it.

LORELAI: Please, promise me that's not it. It would break my heart.

LUKE: But you weren't wrong about that. It got me thinking and it is kind of like committing to her.

LORELAI: So?

LUKE: I don't wanna lead her on.

LORELAI: But you like her, Luke. You like her a lot, don't you?

LUKE: Yeah, she's great.

LORELAI: Then go. No matter what she's reading into it.

LUKE: Really? You think that's okay considering. . .I don't know. . .everything?

LORELAI: Yeah, I do.

LUKE: Oh, okay. I'll probably go then.

LORELAI: Good.

LUKE: I guess I was just nervous about nothing.

LORELAI: That's what I think, too.

LUKE: I'll see ya in a couple months.

LORELAI: Yeah, I'll see you then.

I really think Luke wanted Lorelai to tell him not to go... But she didnt. So at this point Luke thought she would never feel that way about him...

But Lorelai thought he was really into Nicole, so she pushed him to go.

I never liked Nicole, but I do think she was a mildly necessary character.... We all saw how Luke reacted to Lorelai's Dating and engagement etc, but we didnt see how Lorelai would react in the reverse situation until Nicole showed up... and the way she reacted when she found out he got married kinda showed she still cared what happened to luke.

Hated how she cheated on Luke, but I supposed they needed a way to get rid of the character Tongue
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 06:31:14 pm by Tucker » Logged

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2007, 03:03:21 am »

I guess you're right, but we saw that with Rachel, so in my opinion Nicole was just a pain in the...neck.

lol - I like how Seni finds a way to bring Jess into the topic! True Literati in action!  Cheesy

Of course...wouldn't miss a chance when I see one  Smiley

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2007, 03:11:04 am »

Tucker, I remember that scene so well, it was so obvious Luke wanted Lorelai telling him not to go, but she didn't and Luke was so dissapointed. After that, he took off with Nicole, married her and did lots of stupid things...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 06:51:46 am »

I also remember the scene Tucker quoted from after Rory's Chilton graduation. Also recall that Luke had the dream where Lorelai waks into the diner and tells him not to marry Nicole. It is just one more example of Luke and Lorelai giving hints of their true feelings without actually coming out and saying it. In this case, it was Luke giving the hints. Funny that we the viewers can plainly see Luke's feelings, just as most of the other characters can see his feelings, but Lorelai herself can't or she pretends not to see them. The writers were intent on dragging out their "will they or won't they" relationship. All Luke had to do in this scene was say to Lorelai "I would rather be with you". Maybe it wasn't the most convenient moment, after the graduation, but he had waited long enough and who's to say the perfect moment to speak up would ever come? He could have taken that chance; it's a scary thing and it would take guts but he didn't do it. So, he continued to yearn for Lorelai while he went off with another woman. And has already been pointed out, we previously saw how Lorelai reacts when Luke is with another woman, when he was with Rachel. The writers had already taken us down that road.

gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 04:22:05 pm »

Nicole is a total doof.  She had absolutely no sense of humor.  I think when Luke married her on the boat, he was trying to a) forget about his dream just before he left and b) prove that he didn't love Lorelai.  I realize the two are related.

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: