1.12 - Double Date
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 06:33:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 113872 Members
Latest Member: MAshton

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 1
| | |-+  1.12 - Double Date
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 1.12 - Double Date  (Read 19728 times)
Jess__love
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 05:51:11 pm »

I just watched this episode today on Abc family. I hated Rune & Todd. They both really annoyed me but I love at the end when L/L are playing cards & Luke almost asks out Lorelai but they get interrupted. & the beginning of Jackson & Sookie's relationship! Gotta love that.

-Kate-
Thanks to Melissa for my sig!

(Lorelai runs into a globe)
Lorelai: What in the world?
Merovia
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

supercalifragilistic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 01:40:22 pm »

This is a really nice episode, Sookies nerves about actually setting a date-date with Jackson, the whole Roon thing, and the akwardness of the first date, which finally hit of.

I just loved the way sookie sat there fiddling the handle of her bag. looking utterly miserable, but in the end she still braved jackson to stay, and every thing turned out fine between them even if they were up to a miserable start date wise...

I also loved the almost asking out scene with Luke, their chemistry was just so good and cutecuddly in those early days...

What a same it was ruined by miss kim (where is Lanes father, he has never been mentioned as dead, even if he is alway absent)...

"Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable"
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 12:51:40 pm »

I like the very start of this episode where they are fixing breakfast and they are not talking, but music is playing behind them. I dont no why but I find that kinda funny!! I aslo love how nervous Sookie is about the whole date with Jackson!! Also, you gotta love where Luke almost got the chance to ask Lorelai out...then got interrupted by a frantic Mrs. Kim!! Good episode.

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 03:33:59 pm »

I know Roon is a pain in the you-know-what..but he still cracks me up in this episode!

Poor Lane..she liked Todd so much..but he was a complete loser. LOL. his favorite movie was Beethoven. HA.

"So you lied to me so that I wouldnt have to lie to Ms.Kim??"
"Yeah."
"You really are my daughter."

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
~*emily*~
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 05:23:05 pm »

rune cracked me and my mom up. he was terrible and lorelai heard him! he was all  "well i'm sure with her big ears she could here me" and then he just stared at her for the rest of the time. it was cute how sookie was so nervous all she could talk about was cooking. the opening scene is short put really funny because they know what they need to do and get each others coffee and poptarts made like they timed and practiced it many times before. and then the "you are not wearing your hair like that" face lorelai makes when she takes the clip out of rory's hair. and todd's favorite movie was beethoven because of the dog with the cabbage. poor lane. he didn't even know the band on his (... sister's?) shirt! and it was really sad how excited lane was that her mom let her go outside, but not past the sign. and then rory had to shout to her from across the street! lol great epi
Merovia
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

supercalifragilistic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 11:37:17 pm »

Hee hee yes it actually quite funny the way roon/rune is pictured...

Most men would love to be forced into a double date with gorgeous Lorelais... but no no, to tall, big head, big ears...

I would love to see Roonies kind of Woman... warf like and Huh

And poor lane having wished for a real boy date for so long and when it finally happens, it is ohhh such a let down... Wink

Mind you it is one of the only dates she go on throughout the whole series isn't it??

"Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable"
Stars-n-Moons

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 03:30:38 pm »

Not only is the title great, double date, (haha- it should quad-date), but I also that that the acting in this episode is really great.  The begining breakfast scene is so great!  I love it.  Poor Lane.  She is so pumped about double dating and then the guy truns out to be a dud.  And to make the night worse...Mrs. Kim... (need I say more) 

I really didn't like Rune's character, I found it very unrealistic.  I just dont understand why he did not like Loerlai so much.  If anything, he should have been the uncomfortable one, not Loerlai.  Lorelai was completely uncomfortable the entire night.

I thought it was very cute when Lane was allowed outside, but no past the sign!  Wink

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 02:44:34 am »

hehe I watched this episode again today. It was on Arena. It's really cute when Luke and Lorelai are having a great time together!

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

pm12_88
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 59

big pretty dish of lovin witha spoon made just 4 u

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 12:28:28 am »

yep, i saw it on arena too. well, thats a lie. my dad didn't want to watch it so i went into the other room and watched it on my dvds.
i love the lorelai and luke in this episode. its the start of the Luke rush in the first season. gotta love it. stupid christopher... coming in to ruin it - again! and then! rachel. damn-age aye?

Luke asks lorelai out this episode but doesn't follow it up for three or more years! come on man, that was too much of an open ended invitation!

Lorelai Gilmore: Disapointing mothers since 1968
"Aparantly he doesn't like peas but he likes pea soup. Interesting no? NO!" Flyswatter
"You are the perfect man" JavaJunkie - F.A.I.T.H!
"Take me now, Sailor" Noddie
~Patrice~
GilmoreGirls Lover
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

u ruined my joke. no,the punch line ruined ur joke

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 03:52:10 pm »

oh my god this epp is sooooo cute i mean like sukie saying "dont go!!" and like i mean when lorili gets called a babe i mean so true lol

ah yes the Schnickelfritzes
the name b jacob!!...i luv da gundy rebles!! (me, soph, crissy, sharn, cass, manda, chole[boo hoo ur leaving!!{boo u whore}])
o n i luv buffy as well as gg...n will and grace!!
snicklefritz

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 05:32:13 pm »

I laugh so much in this episode... Rune is just so ridiculous, lol.  It's so funny how disgusted he is with his matchup with Lorelai.
I also love the part at the fancy restauraunt when sookie is super nervous... she starts explaining how oysters aren't always fresh even though they say they are, lol
such a good episode!

GilmoreGirls Lover
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

u ruined my joke. no,the punch line ruined ur joke

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:18 pm »

i love all those parts but i think this epp is nothing compaired to "that damm donna reve"

ah yes the Schnickelfritzes
the name b jacob!!...i luv da gundy rebles!! (me, soph, crissy, sharn, cass, manda, chole[boo hoo ur leaving!!{boo u whore}])
o n i luv buffy as well as gg...n will and grace!!
GilmoreFanatic203
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 08:34:52 am »

I'm a big fan of this eppi. I think it helped Lane with her boy crazy mode in season 1. How could it not after that horrible date! It's hilarious when she's finally let out of the house, but can't go passt the sign. Funnier when she catches herself past the sign. Rune is such an idiot, Lor is gorgeous and any man would be so lucky to have her company. I love that Lor put up with his crap for Sookie. My favorite part of the whole eppi is when Sookie tells Jackson to stay and he finally tellls Rune to go bye bye. I'm a huge fan of Sookie and Jackson and I always love to rewatch this moment, because it is the true beginning of their now relationship. I do have to admit that I wasn't very fond of the acting, BUT I loved the story line Smiley

JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 07:39:35 am »

I love this episode. I just watched it yesterday (I have the DVD now! hehe) Rune is so stupid. Lorelai is gorgeous!! What is wrong with him?? LOL Sooo funny when Lorelai gets called a babe. That was just the first time though. Cuz in season 6 Colin or Finn (I don't remember which one) is like "man those are good genes" I LOVE THE PART WHEN LUKE AND LORELAI ARE PLAYING CARDS!! It's so cute!! Then he asks her out and then he chickens out for like another  5 years or however long it was!! HELLO LUKE WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??? LOL but this eppy is good. 

GilmoreFanatic203
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 05:17:04 pm »

in season 6 Colin or Finn (I don't remember which one) is like "man those are good genes"  

It was actually season 5. When Lor was picking Rory up from the Police station AFTER her and Logan stole a boat ha ha ha. I love that line too!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: