1.11 - Paris is Burning
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 06:35:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 106287 Members
Latest Member: BPVS

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 1
| | |-+  1.11 - Paris is Burning
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: 1.11 - Paris is Burning  (Read 17660 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:05:39 pm »

Summary: As the relationship with Rory's (Alexis Bledel) teacher Max (Scott Cohen) grows more serious, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) panics and decides to end it, but her attempt to break up with him during Parent-Teacher night at Chilton causes even more trouble at school for Rory.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:11:04 pm by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
TheHumanCoffeePot

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 06:41:51 pm »

I feel bad for this episode.  No one has commented on it yet.  *sniffle*

But seriously, folks...I love the kiss-in-the-classroom-Paris-sees scene.  So...eh...dramatic.   But kinda funny also.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
sassycandy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 05:42:26 pm »

Yeah it was funny. It also started Rory and Paris down on a very weriod friendship.
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 02:58:06 pm »

My favorite line of this episode is this:
Lorelai: What are we in high school?
         Ok so I know were in High School

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
Darkkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 07:27:56 pm »

Aww... Poor episode! So ignored! I don't really remember much about this episode except for the fact that Paris acts like a certified (let me not curse) *witch*. Pardon me if I'm wrong... The First Season's the only one I don't own on DVD.

I support the Lorelai-Luke relationship.

I suport the Rory-Logan relationship 100x more because after all, in my world God IS a woman and Logan and Rory will have to get back together.

Faith
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 03:09:54 pm »

I think that it's sweet of Max to lend Loreali that book. And I love how she sits down right away to start reading it.

QUEEN
michel_is_hot
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

Armed and Dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 03:42:19 pm »

My first episode Cry Once I saw this I finally clicked. Grin

Michel and Orlando Bloom are soooooo sexy!!!

Michel: And while normally I would look forward to a good verbal sparring match, today I say no. My heart is light, the world is fine and I have a date for Saturday night.
cranky
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

certified GG fan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 12:04:06 pm »

The thing that I liked most about this episode was how Coolly Rory takes the whole situation. She could have simply blasted at Paris for doing what she did, that is telling the whole school that her Mom and Mr Medina kissed in the classroom, and should have never talked to her. But she understood the situation and forgave Paris.

I like Rory's spirit and the fact that she handles a wacked out mother like Lorelai Gilmore!!! Cheesy

Lorelai: I don't want to be Mrs. "Hayden Planeterium" for the rest of my life, I'm Lorelai Gilmore, without the Gilmore, it's like 'Gil-(you know)less' Smiley)
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 12:42:41 pm »

You cant really blame Paris for telling everyone like she did. I mean dont get me wrong.....it was not a very nice thing to do.....but everyone had been talking about Paris parents getting a divorce and then she sees that happen and she knows if she tells everyone it has bound to be more amusing then her parents divorce!! And I agree with up above. When Rory found out what had happened she did take it very calmly. I admire her for that to!!!!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 03:38:38 pm »

Wow. If I were Rory..i would absolutly die. I felt really bad for her in this episode :[ but..i mean..it doesnt justify what she did..but i also felt bad for Paris. That would really suck to have your parents personal affairs in the newspaper.

I cant remember the exact words..but I loved when Emily was telling Lorelai about the Parents Day and accusing of her of not reading the Newsletter..and Lorelai insists that she did. Emily asks her, if she did read it, what was on the cover. Lorelai says a bunch of preppy kids in plaid. Emily says No, it was an owl. Lorelai says..yes, in plaid.

Ha Pleased

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
~*emily*~
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 05:12:38 pm »

i felt sorry for rory because she never did anything to paris. i can understand paris not wanting to be the center of attention because of the divorce, but i mean, rory didn't even tell anyone about her cousin. but then i also felt sorry for paris when her mom bothered her about her acne and then just left parents day. i also felt sorry for lorelai when max dumped her after that. : ( i'll i've posted is how sorry i am lol.
Stars-n-Moons

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 03:23:05 pm »

Awww, this eppy is so sad and frusting.  I think that Paris realizes what she has done when it was too late and sincerely felt bad.  However, that was really unprofessional and stupied of both Max and Loerlai. It was not the right time and most certainly not the right place.  Poor Rory.  I would have died of embarrasment.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 07:25:16 pm »

Oh I absolutely loved this episode

Co-Creator of the Middies

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 06:03:38 pm »

This is probably one of my favorite episodes from Season 1...it's so funny and I like how Rory and Paris begin to become friends. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
DownWithChris11
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

"Quick Bob, get the kids into the minivan!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 03:17:54 pm »

good eppie for sure

"No Windows!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print