1.09 - Rory's Dance
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 12:37:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 104781 Members
Latest Member: Lolotiste

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 1
| | |-+  1.09 - Rory's Dance
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: 1.09 - Rory's Dance  (Read 35164 times)
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2007, 08:58:57 pm »

That's just it, she tells Emily she's doing fine and loving her life, but she tells Rory there's no way and no how she's permitted to even look like she'll end up in the same place. Transferring herself onto Rory (Once Emily was gone) isn't holding her responsible, it's giving herself an excuse to take whatever measures are necessary to prevent the "inevitable" pregnancy.

bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2007, 09:23:05 am »

I haven't been on here in a week but i feel obliged to throw in my two cents on the Lorelai/Rory should-i-go-to-the-dance scene. I thought this was a good example of Lorelai being a combo of mom and friend to Rory. She was talking to Rory as a concerned mom, but in a friendly conversational way, trying to look beneath the surface of Rory's concerns. I thought the jist of what Lorelai said was that she did not want Rory to miss out on things because of being afraid. Rory wanted to go to the dance but was reluctant to admit it, perhaps was not sure on how to go about it, with the clothes and how to ask Dean. Maybe she thought she was not supposed to want to go, because that's not her regular hang-out. But from the moment she blurted out about not having a dress, it showed her interest in going. At the end of the conversation when she said "You won't think i'm an idiot?" it sounded like she was looking for validation from Lorelai, that going to the dance - wanting to go - was ok.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2007, 04:44:31 pm »

Yeah, I think so too. I loved the way Lorelai assured Rory right up front that her serious mind and tendency not to join was something she loved about her. Of course, it makes a lot more sense in the next epi when we see how emotionally bonded to Richard Lorelai is. Seriously, for the first few epis, you have to wonder whether Lorelai and Rory would have gotten along as well had they been sisters!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 04:45:41 pm by lessa » Logged

JMARCH
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2007, 04:29:31 am »

Dean: You don't want to fight me, Tristan.
Tristan: Why not?
Dean: 'Cause I'll kill you, idiot!

Ooh, fiesty. Wink
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2008, 08:49:22 am »

t thought this episode was so cute until the fights it was great how Dean defended rory but when rory got home is when things went wrong

Kupo
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 242

Special K

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2008, 02:17:54 am »

HAHAHAHA.

I watched this again last night.

You have to love when Sookie sprays the hairspray right in her face! Hilarious!  Tongue

Sig made by me, 'cause I'm awesome and unique!
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »

I love this episode.
But am I the only one who thought it was a lame title?

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2008, 03:11:31 pm »

But am I the only one who thought it was a lame title?

no, i agree. When i first heard the title of this episode i'm like--wait, what? this doesn't make sense. But i guess there's just a klunker of a title in every bunch. It was the first season i suppose.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2008, 05:01:47 pm »

WOW!!! those gilmores can really YELL!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2008, 04:04:28 pm »

WOW!!! those gilmores can really YELL!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Damn straight and it was very emotional as well.  I don't think it was Rory's fault.  It was an accident and not surprisingly, Emily overreacted to how Lorelai handled things and Lorelai ended up attacking Rory over what happened. 

I don't like Dristin... I don't care how pretty he is.  Dean could kill him.  Jess and Logan pretty much beat the crap out of him in a second.  Plus, what idiot would dump a gorgeous gal like Sophia Bush over... a night with Paris Hilton? 

Paris, bringing her cousin as her date, embarrassing.  Yet, Rory bringing Dean to the party... she wins cool points with the school's coolest gals... Madeline and Louise.

Seriously, why they didn't create an alternate spin-off for those 2 girls?  Or better yet, their own version of Guildenstern & Rosencratz are Dead where we see episodes of Gilmore Girls from their perspective.  I would like to date both of them. 
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2008, 06:46:16 pm »

Seriously, why they didn't create an alternate spin-off for those 2 girls? 

lol  Tongue.  i agree. those 2 always reminded me of laverne & shirley, not exactly sure why. it would would've been funny if they created a spinoff called Louise & Madeleine

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
AzurePlatina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2008, 02:28:09 pm »

I actually really liked this episode (since I like early Rory/Dean).

The pair were so cute together throughout the entire episode and when Louise was trying to hit on Dean, him putting his arms around Rory is priceless.  Tristan also irks me.  He's like some spoilt brat who Daddy pampers to.  As someone else mentioned, any one of Rory's boyfriends would beat the living crap out of Tristan.  I feel sorry for Rory and Dean staying out all night.  It was a complete accident, but still.

I did like the whole Lorelai/Emily subplot.  Emily was taking care of her like a mother and when Lorelai (drowsy) said "Thank you mummy", I smiled.  It was something a child would say.

But next morning, I can actually understand Lorelai's reaction.  The sheer terror of a child not being there when you wake up would be horrible.  But then for Emily to keep bringing her down, I loved Lorelai's speech in the end.  Score!
James
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -12

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:46 pm »

I thought this episode was great! I loved it when dean and Tristin got in a fight.  It showed that Dean cared. I thought it was a cute moment when Emily tucked Lorelai in.
I loved the song that Rory and Dean dance to. Over all it was a great show.

I had re-watched this episode on tv episodes online. I enjoyed it.

Rock gives children, on a silver platter, with all the public authority of the entertainment industry, everything their parents always used to tell them they had to wait for until they grew up and would understand later.
-Allan Bloom
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2009, 11:04:47 am »

Dristan!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Wished Jared would've punched Chan Michael MORON in the face just once.

Just when I was ready to give Emily some slack, she's back to being MOMMIE DEAREST again.

B000000000000000000000000000! 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2009, 07:48:16 pm »

I have to agree with you on the Emily situation.  She did start to actually be nice to Lorelai and they were actually having fun together and then she ruined it, AGAIN.  I liked the bit with the mashed banana on toast thing.  It is actually good.  My mom did used to make it for me when I was sick.  Sometimes she would layer peanut butter and then the banana on the toast. 

I always wonder why Emily says that she will be at the house at 7pm so that she can take pictures when the dance started at 7pm and they had a half hour drive to get there. 

I am glad that Dean didn't punch Tristan.  It makes him a bigger person.   Doesn't Chilton ever have chaperones at anything?  There sure weren't any at that dance. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: