1.09 - Rory's Dance
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 05:44:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 100350 Members
Latest Member: DerrickDype

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 1
| | |-+  1.09 - Rory's Dance
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: 1.09 - Rory's Dance  (Read 34934 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:04:36 pm »

Summary: Rory (Alexis Bledel) asks Dean (Jared Padalecki) to accompany her to a formal dance at Chilton, but the lovely evening is spoiled when they fall asleep together after the dance, leading to a fight between Rory's grandmother (Kelly Bishop) and her mom (Lauren Graham) over who has been a worse mother.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:08:15 pm by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
chadwicked
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 01:30:01 pm »

fight, fight, fight, fight! tristan and dean..that was my first fight i saw on GG
dramaqueen211
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 05:37:36 pm »

i loved it when dean and Tristin got in a fight.  It showed everyone how much dean cared about rory.
Smiley  Celebrate
Gg_fan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 12:54:52 pm »

dean really cares about rory, it showed when him and tristan started fighting!!!!!!

~ Gg_fan~

i <3 gilmore girls!
sarsy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 9

get busy living or get busy dying

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 08:07:36 pm »

I love the song that Rory and Dean dance to.  It brings me back to my junior high days...

she’s 90% water, 10% caffeine...
seacloud49
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 12:29:20 pm »

I just re-watched this episode. I got all teary-eyed when Emily put that blanket over the half-asleep Lorelai on the couch and Lorelai whispered "Thanks, mummy" and Emily smiled. It's kinda sad when you have these sweet moments between them and in the next minute you see them fighting again. I think deep down they care a lot about each other but they are both just too stubborn to reach out to one another. *sigh*

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -- E.M. Forster
lex_gilmore_fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 05:35:03 pm »

I thought this episode was great! I loved the fight with Dean and Tristan, I also thought it showed Dean cared. I thought it was a cute moment when Emily tucked Lorelai in. I also enjoyed when they were eating the toast with the bananna. Over all great show.

Thanks Krisleigh!
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 03:54:16 pm »

One of the best. I love the way that Dean stood up for Rory. But I wonder did Rory really dislike Tristian or was she just trying to advoid a fight with Dean. Also what would have happened if Dean said no and didn't go with rory would she have gone? The only thing is why did Lorelai not believe Rory when she told her nothing happened although deep down in her heart she did?

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
alligirl88
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 11:26:25 am »

The only thing is why did Lorelai not believe Rory when she told her nothing happened although deep down in her heart she did?

I think she was just using Rory as a vent to her anger towards Emily.  Emily really let her have it, and when they were fighting, Lorelai did everything in her power to stick up for herself and Rory.  But once Rory got home, Lorelai was SO pissed, she had to let someone have it. She has the history of doing that - taking things out on the wrong people.

She knew better - that Rory was innocent.  But the fight with Emily brought up all the memories of her own estranged ways of childhood and she doesn't want Rory to go down the same path.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 03:52:10 pm »

One of the best. I love the way that Dean stood up for Rory. But I wonder did Rory really dislike Tristian or was she just trying to advoid a fight with Dean. Also what would have happened if Dean said no and didn't go with rory would she have gone? The only thing is why did Lorelai not believe Rory when she told her nothing happened although deep down in her heart she did?

Yes, she really disliked Tristan.  Even when Dean wasn't around, she showed nothing but contempt for him (smart girl). I doubt she would have gone without Dean, because she wouldn't have wanted to go with anyone else, and since she wasn't friends with anyone at Chilton at the time, she would have been miserable alone.  I also think one of Lorelai's greatest fears is Rory turning out like her.  It's one of the things that makes Lorelai interesting.  She is an extremely confident woman, but she also doesn't want Rory to follow in her footsteps. She made something of herself, but it wasn't easy.  She also knows first hand that two young people could have sex, even with big dreams (Harvard) in the future.  She already saw that Rory considered not going to Chilton because of Dean.  So, her initial disbelief was mostly fear talking.  Fear that despite everything, Rory really was another Lorelai.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Lis
Town Resident

Community Points: 45

lily

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 11:43:15 am »

I just saw this episode again.  One of my favorites!.  I agree w/ previous posts. I found interactions between Emily and Lorelai and Lorelai and Rory very revealing. I liked Rorys dress and how terribly sweet to fall asleep in each others arms so innocently.  This is the episode where I first learned about the <pretty stick >.   Cheesy

Java Junkie - Noddie - Foodie - Spoiled
Brittani
Town Resident

Community Points: 40

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 12:19:19 pm »

I really enjoyed this episode alot.  But i just cant help but wonder if Emily was really worried about Lorelai or if that was just a convieniant excuse to stay and see just when Rory would get home.  Sometimes seems as if shes just looking for something to complain about.  Loved the way Lorelai handled her in the morning though.  Thought she was a little hard on Rory though. 
Lis
Town Resident

Community Points: 45

lily

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 05:11:49 am »

I really enjoyed this episode alot.  But i just cant help but wonder if Emily was really worried about Lorelai or if that was just a convieniant excuse to stay and see just when Rory would get home.  Sometimes seems as if shes just looking for something to complain about.  Loved the way Lorelai handled her in the morning though.  Thought she was a little hard on Rory though. 

No, I think Emily genuinely cares about Lorelai...she just doesn't get her....and she is still hurt over the fact that Lorelai left them and rejected her world so completely.  And, yes, Rory received the backlash from Lorelai's anger at her mother.  But, it was nice to see that Rory felt she could speak out for herself.

Java Junkie - Noddie - Foodie - Spoiled
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 01:25:30 pm »

I do think Emily stayed in order to help Lorelai.  You know Emily has a deep seated need to be needed.  But, her later behavior cancels out the earlier niceness for me.  I know for Lorelai the final straw was Emily telling her that she threw her life away, but for me, it was when she told Lorelai that Rory was going to get pregnant.  That was cruel.  I don't think Emily could be so ignorant not to know that probably Lorelai's biggest fear would be that Rory might get pregnant at an early age.  She taunted Lorelai.  It also gave insight into an interesting aspect of Lorelai.  When Lorelai said "Rory's a good kid, Mom.  She's not me."  It reminds me of another episode where she tells Mrs. Kim that she doesn't want Rory to grow up to be like her (Lorelai). 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 06:47:41 pm »

No I don't think that Emily stayed over to help Lorelai I think that she stayed just to check up on Rory after the dance. I agree that the whole part where Emily told Lorelai that Rory was gunna get pregnet was just wrong and I think that she sould know that Rory wouldn't do that.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: