Emily Gilmore Unappreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 11:56:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 105414 Members
Latest Member: LKKJ

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Unappreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Emily Gilmore Unappreciation
Poll
Question: What do you think of Emily Gilmore?
keep her, but I don't like her!
she's OK I guess...
She IS very rude.
She is flat out mean!
Emily is TERRIBLE, AWFUL! Lets put her on a space ship that NEVER comes back!

Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Emily Gilmore Unappreciation  (Read 11766 times)
#1DeanLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 24

I love Dean, and I am insane!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 05:32:39 pm »

I don't hate her character but I hate most of her attitude.  I think that's what almost everybody does.

~#1DeanLover
gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 05:22:17 pm »

there were sometimes when i really wanted to scream due to her complete loss of compassion, but sometimes she was really funny and sensitive.

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
shinkeiko
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -17

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 06:30:13 pm »

i respect her

*im awesome*
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 09:41:39 pm »

The show wouldnt be the same without Emily. A wonderful character, because she makes you dislike her, which makes the show more interesting.

I really hated what she did to luke and lorelai at the start of season 5 tho.

*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 05:43:03 pm »

I do not dislike Emily I just don't like how she threated Lorelai but without her the show would'nt have been the same.she definitely brings somthing to the show.there's some really great scenes between Emily and Lorelai too.

Tess
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 01:46:02 pm »

I'm soooooo annoyed with Emily Gilmore!!  Angry She's mean, rude and selfish. I can't stand her!

pwrofluv
Diner Regular

Community Points: 27

When McDonald's hits Africa...:)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 06:31:46 pm »

I'm soooooo annoyed with Emily Gilmore!!  Angry She's mean, rude and selfish. I can't stand her!

ditto. but the show would be lame without her. well, maybe not lame, but less exciting.

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 08:37:27 pm »

Emily Gilmore is first and foremost, a snob.

Stuffy, self-centered, and elitist.  Yet, that one of the traits that people either love or hate.  She's a character I like to watch.

Yet, what I don't like about her is how she wants to control things, how ignorant she is about the working class or people who are not in her social standing.  She's also very selfish when it comes to what Lorelai wants.  She wanted her to be with Christopher instead of Luke.  Yet, she did see the marriage very closely and voila, a disaster.

Emily Gilmore in Virtual Season 8 is still the stuffy, self-centered snob.  Yet, she's grown up a bit more.  She accepts Luke and his opinions.  She has an appreciation for what Lorelai does.  Yet, she and Lorelai still but heads when it comes to the inn and in the Thanksgiving episode, goes nuts on Lorelai about Rory's absence is and how she fawned over April and Doula.  Of course, any Gilmore Thanksgiving isn't without drama. 
billmask92
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 11:27:15 am »

ditto. but the show would be lame without her. well, maybe not lame, but less exciting.
I never really liked her but when she made Luke and Lorelai split up i just hated her. She had know right. She has to let Lorelia have what she wants. Not what she thinks is best for Lorelai. Angry

100% Java Junkie
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 321

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 10:52:07 pm »

What's really weird about Emily is that she never learns no matter how many years shall pass. She takes the same steps handling things and makes the same exact mistakes. Kind of making me want to say "WOW!"  Wink Somewhere in the middle she realized how bad and controlling she was with Lorelai. She showed some signs of regret but then she goes and does the same with Rory when she moved in with her. Lorelai is over thirty and she hasn't showed interest in what Emily thinks most of her life but still Emily thinks she knows what's best for Lorelai. I think Emily can't help being this way. She has the need to be a Control-Freak or she'll lose it. I don't think it has something to do with Lorelai's happiness more than her need to feel that she was the power behind that happiness. That she was part of it, the biggest part of it.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
Anna_2010
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:19 pm »

Emily Gilmore is first and foremost, a snob.

Stuffy, self-centered, and elitist.  Yet, that one of the traits that people either love or hate.  She's a character I like to watch.

Emily Gilmore is a character that I love to hate. She's entertaining and shows just how she sufficated Lorelai not only from when she was a kid, but even in her adult life as well.

I would also like to add that Kelly Bishop has done a great job at playing Emily. She makes Emily believable while playing her.

Anna

Live & Local
Classic Rock
97LAV

Grand Rapids
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: