Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 02:56:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation  (Read 34185 times)
coffeegilmoregirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 05:59:44 am »

..haha...that dog..
 I thought Jason was a good boyfriend, because he seemed like the kind of guy Lorelai
would fall for, but not go to deep with, you know? I mean, she had to get a boyfriend, so
why not him. I personally don't like him. He wasn't a bad guy, but everything he said and
the way he talked always sounded so businessy, and proper in ways. even if the intentions
were romantic, they came out kind of matter-of-fact. Though he did match Lorelai in her
chatty witty banter.
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2006, 06:22:56 am »

Yeah Jason was more of a businessman more that a boyfriend it seemed sometimes. He wasn't right for Lorelai in the long run but he was fun to have around. I mean my favorite date they had was when they went to the supermarket for their first date, I mean come on that was different and it looked fun!! I mean don't get me wrong I personally like the whole fancy dinner/movie thing but going to a supermarley can be fun.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

gilmore_guy
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 55

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:44 pm »

All I have to say is "Digger". What kind of nickname is that? I was happy when Jason was finally phased out of the show because I never really liked him. And when he first appeared on the show I thought he was gay. Was I the only one? Wink
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 04:13:50 pm »

All I have to say is "Digger". What kind of nickname is that? I was happy when Jason was finally phased out of the show because I never really liked him. And when he first appeared on the show I thought he was gay. Was I the only one? Wink

I never thought Jason was gay. He was just one of those guys who liked the finer things in life dispite not having a great relationship with his family. Kinda Like Fraiser but then again he got along with his family but the characters are somewhat similar.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

coffeegilmoregirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2006, 10:36:36 am »

It never crossed my mind he was gay at all, but that would be a twist.To me, he was always a "ladies man" like the kind of guy who just has flighty women here and there, but who never
really will "settle down" and get married. And what someone else mentioned, that we might like Jason a lot more if he hadn't come about at the time of  Luke and Lorelai's blooming romance (finally, gasp) we aould probably like him at least a little more.
gilmore#1fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

i forgot that pillows dont have to smell like feet

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2006, 03:26:49 pm »

i did not like diggers character he was so weird and did you ever notice how digger looks alot like Max Medina

" i am saving myself for William Holden"- Lorelai

"When are you going to let your parents know you listen to the evil rock music"- Rory
Gigglegurl2032
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 11:15:28 am »

I didn't really like Jason. He was funny and weird but he just didn't seem right. I just wonder what happened to him I mean he didn't just leave after he came to the trial run so what happened?
nodaybuttuesday
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 42

you're breaking my little lit heart... *Ingrid*

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 01:55:30 pm »

I thought Jason was funny, and a good interim boyfriend for Lorelai.   He had a lot of good lines, and he was not one of her typical boyfriends, so I thought he was a decent addition to the show. 

Literati for life~'I can't help it- I'm addicted'~Java Junkies
Hi Rory! What are you doing? What are you wearing? What are you thinking? What about now? Do you miss me? Do you think I'm pretty? Where do babies come from?
ellisoccer11
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Gilmore Addict

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 02:21:58 pm »

i didn't like max or jason, and when lorelai started going out with luke i started to dislike them even more

***ELLI***

big head want dolly

special? like stop eating the paste kind of spacial?

thanks to melissa (aka MasBYUgal) for the very cool sig
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 08:04:47 pm »

Wow, i had to really dig to find this Appreciation thread! Jason made for a good "in-between" boyfriend. I don't think anyone really thought he would be a serious dude for our beloved Lorelai, although by the time scale of GG land i believe they were together about 6 months. For Lorelai, that is pretty serious. But compared to LUke, let alone Chris or Max, there was not much passion from Lorelai's side. And much of what happened with Jason was typical of Lorelai's problems with men. Luke (or "Duke" as Lorelai went with Jason's mispronunciation) did not even hear from Lorelai about it; he had to hear from Babette in "Raincoats & Recipes". And their whole thing took place under cover from Emily & Richard. To Jason's credit, he wanted to come clean to E&R about it pretty much from the gitgo, but Lorelai would not do it. I did not fully understand why Lorelai was so reluctant about that. So what if Jason was Richard's partner? Why can't Richard's partner date his daughter? What's the big schlamiel? And Jason pleaded with her but she would not do it. Also, when Lorelai agreed to the first date with Jason at the thought that Emily would disapprove, it was kind of a teenager thing for her to do. I know she has endless issues with Emily that feel unchanged to her since her teenage years, but that felt a little silly. Anyway, we all knew it was just a matter of time before it would all blow up in their faces and their relationship was "exposed".

Like Christopher, Jason was born under the Hartford money stench and had a lousy relationship with his father, if it could even be called a father-son relationship. When he met his father at the benefit and they treated each other like casual business associates, i thought it de-humanized Jason. May not be his fault that his father is a cold-blooded creep, but if i was Lorelai i'd have given serious thought about the Stiles genes.

Chris Eigeman is actually a very funny actor, funnier than we usually saw on GG. As Jason, he had a quick sense of humor but there was something a little too "Digger" about him. There simply was not much heat with Lorelai. 

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 10:50:13 pm »

I liked Lorelai and Jason together, but I thought it was clear from the beginning that it wasn't meant to be. First of all, I thought it was VERY clear that Lorelai and Luke were meant to be  Grin but second of all: it was too complicated with Richard and Emily...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 06:53:41 am »

I liked Jason! He was really weird which is a quality that attracts me sometimes. Smiley He was different from the other guys in Lorelai's life! I think most people thought of him as a strict person but i didn't!

( Clearly) he had no warm childhood. growing up his father's house was based on " Business comes first" ,So it's only natural that his work takes a big part of his time .There are many guys like him ! Because of his fussy childhood he has so many walls around his heart that makes it very hard for him to open up and just let his feelings flow. That's why he ( i think )  is always the one who breaks his relationships up after a very short time before he has the chance to be attached to someone! When he realized how much he cared for Lorelai, it was hard to express  in his own words because it's unusual & he'd be letting her in. So he gave her the key, assuming ( or hoping ) that the key would tell her how he felt about her, when he finally gave up on the " talking key" he confessed his feeling to her in his own voice & words ( which i bet was a very hard thing to do but the wall was destroyed ) . Not like he is my ideal guy for her, but i think she really should have given him a chance!!

He has a way in “talking people into doing things they don’t wanna do “ as he said. Like when he made Emily invite him to the Friday night dinner, even though she really hated that!!

I find it  funny that every one in the  Hartford Society consider it a humiliation that Jason is not a  good golf player!!

Jason made for a good "in-between" boyfriend.

I think that's a great way to put it!

And much of what happened with Jason was typical of Lorelai's problems with men. Luke (or "Duke" as Lorelai went with Jason's mispronunciation) did not even hear from Lorelai about it; he had to hear from Babette in "Raincoats & Recipes" .

That's because deep down inside she cared about what Luke would think or feel & maybe she never thought of her and Jason as in a long lasting relationship!

And their whole thing took place under cover from Emily & Richard...I did not fully understand why Lorelai was so reluctant about that.

Maybe that's because he comes from her mom's world and do you remember the last time she dated one from that world? She went on one date which was boring & when she wanted to cancel the second one her parents got angry and made go to that date against her will!! It was really awful!

Like Christopher, Jason was born under the Hartford money stench and had a lousy relationship with his father, if it could even be called a father-son relationship. When he met his father at the benefit and they treated each other like casual business associates,

Yeah, It was funny when Jason told Lorelai that " his father asking him about his golf game was actually too touchy-feely for him"  . Funny & Sad Smiley

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:04:49 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 07:08:00 am »

... When he realized how much he cared for Lorelai, it was hard to express  in his own words because it's unusual & he'd be letting her in. So he gave her the key, assuming ( or hoping ) that the key would tell her how he felt about her, when he finally gave up on the " talking key" he confessed his feeling to her in his own voice & words ( which i bet was a very hard thing to do but the wall was destroyed ) ...

Wow, you really have your "Jason" down. That is a really good point, that Jason was taking a step he does not normally take. Credit the radiant glow of Lorelai??? Despite the sour ending to their relationship, hopefully Jason learned from the experience, became more open about his heart, and gave out more "talking keys".

He has a way in “talking people into doing things they don’t wanna do “ as he said. Like when he made Emily invite him to the Friday night dinner, even though she really hated that!!

Outside of Gran, i don't know who else got away with that! Also, remember that Emily was not happy when Richard two-timed Jason; she thought that was too much, largely because Jason was involved with Lorelai. So, in a way, Jason had an impact on Emily & Richard's marriage because they separated shortly afterwards and this whole incident was a factor.

And much of what happened with Jason was typical of Lorelai's problems with men. Luke (or "Duke" as Lorelai went with Jason's mispronunciation) did not even hear from Lorelai about it; he had to hear from Babette in "Raincoats & Recipes"

That's because deep down inside she cared about what Luke would think or feel & maybe she never thought of her and Jason as in a long lasting relationship

That may be true but it does not justify it. No more than what she did to Max. Not that she lead Jason on the same way or that marriage even came up with Jason, but once she had the "talking key" their relationship was clearly at a higher level. "In-between" boyfriend or not, Jason in this sense is another guy who she left floundering on the trash heap (and maybe i'm jealous; i'll join her trash-heap in exchange for a few good months with her).  Wink

And their whole thing took place under cover from Emily & Richard...I did not fully understand why Lorelai was so reluctant about that.
Maybe that's because he comes from her mom's world and do you remember the last time she dated one from that world? She went on one date which was boring & when she wanted to cancel the second one her parents got angry and made go to that date against her will!! It was really awful!

That is also a good point, but it should have been made a little clearer or not seemed so childish. Just part of the endless communication problem between Lorelai & her parents though. And it made for good drama. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:09:21 am by bingbong » Logged

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:57 am »

Wow, you really have your "Jason" down. That is a really good point, that Jason was taking a step he does not normally take. Credit the radiant glow of Lorelai??? Despite the sour ending to their relationship, hopefully Jason learned from the experience, became more open about his heart, and gave out more "talking keys".

Hope he will! But it took him.. what 37 years of his life to feel attached , hopefully it won't take another 30 years or he would be another version of his father ( that's scary! )!!

remember that Emily was not happy when Richard two-timed Jason; she thought that was too much, largely because Jason was involved with Lorelai. So, in a way, Jason had an impact on Emily & Richard's marriage because they separated shortly afterwards and this whole incident was a factor

Maybe i'm going too far, but is it possible that Emily felt business can be more important to him than family that led her to leave him!!

That may be true but it does not justify it. No more than what she did to Max. Not that she lead Jason on the same way or that marriage even came up with Jason, but once she had the "talking key" their relationship was clearly at a higher level. "In-between" boyfriend or not, Jason in this sense is another guy who she left floundering on the trash heap (and maybe i'm jealous; i'll join her trash-heap in exchange for a few good months with her).  Wink

Don't let me begin with Max!!
But she did leave Jason when their relationship was at a higher level, could it be that she was searching for an excuse to leave him ( like she always do with men ) and that whole thing with her father made a perfect sense for her out?!!

That is also a good point, but it should have been made a little clearer or not seemed so childish. Just part of the endless communication problem between Lorelai & her parents though. And it made for good drama. 

I agree. But as you said everything is worth it! ( i mean about her& Jason)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:48:52 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 08:01:32 am »

... hopefully Jason learned from the experience, became more open about his heart, and gave out more "talking keys".

Hope he will! But it took him.. what 37 years of his life to feel attached , hopefully it won't take another 30 years or he would be another version of his father ( that's scary! )!!

I suspect Jason will have a bumpy road ahead of him, but he will ultimately land on his feet. Hate to say this again, but i see therapy in his future (and i'm not even into that stuff, but for these Hartford peeps i see it).  Not that the fire at his apartment will help! I hope his immobile dog got out alive!!! I wonder if ASP considered the pooch when she set Jason's pad on fire.

remember that Emily was not happy when Richard two-timed Jason; she thought that was too much, largely because Jason was involved with Lorelai. So, in a way, Jason had an impact on Emily & Richard's marriage because they separated shortly afterwards and this whole incident was a factor

Maybe i'm going too far, but is it possible that she felt business can be more important to him than family that led her to leave him!!

I don't think that's going to far, i think it was part of the equation. Ironically, Richard's justification was that he was doing it precisely to help the family, out of fear of losing everything to Jason's father. I think we saw a growing wedge between E&R, where Emily felt like she was not on board with Richard's way of thinking. This was really well done; it was complex and the idea of E&R separating was a good twist that did not seem far-fetched. It tied in nicely with the whole Jason/Lorelai thing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: