Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 04:43:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation  (Read 34187 times)
InOmniaParatus
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 11:55:26 pm »

Phoenix, I think that episode embodied the "bad" about Jason--insensitive/lacking in perceptiveness, ie, the opposite of el Luke.  Like, get a clue, and stop trying in vain to ingratiate yourself.  He's not the guy for Lorelai, but it wasn't unreasonable that she should be interested in him.  I stand by my comment that he could rock the witty banter though.

"...I am currently one of the women sitting home and thinking, 'if I could only find a man like Aragorn."
pickynikki91
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

i <3 Tuesdays

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 01:39:29 pm »

i dont think they should bring back jason because whenever they bring back one of lorelais old boyfriends it ALWAYS causes complications and i think almost everyone thinks luke and lorelai are perfect together, also there is already going to be complications on lukes side because of his daughter and its obvious luke is going to do something about it just because he's luke and it is going to create another story line.

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 01:54:34 pm »

But, it doesn't have to cause problems.  It only causes problems because AS-P doesn't write it any other way.

OTOH, since Richard took such a drastic step with Jason, essentially making it impossible for him to work there, that takes that story out of the running (unless Jason comes back Friday the 13th style to take revenge -and hey, he wouldn't even have to change his name Grin) so all that's left is something to do with Lorelai.  But, it's not because it has to be that way, just because AS-P didn't leave any other options open.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 08:04:41 pm »

Yeah it doesn't have to cause problems. Jason could be back for other reasons besides Lorelai.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 166

Life is short so talk fast!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 12:17:44 pm »

I don't want Jason to come back to the show period.Whether it's about Lorelai are not.

Lorelai: "Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home."

Sookie: "What  happens if you eat 13 blueberries? Would you die?"
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 08:38:22 pm »

I don't want Jason to come back to the show period.Whether it's about Lorelai are not.

Well...everyones entitled to their own opinion. I hope he comes back but I dunno that it'll happen.

- gilmore-girl

Phoenix
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 05:48:17 pm »

Phoenix, I think that episode embodied the "bad" about Jason--insensitive/lacking in perceptiveness, ie, the opposite of el Luke.  Like, get a clue, and stop trying in vain to ingratiate yourself.  He's not the guy for Lorelai, but it wasn't unreasonable that she should be interested in him.  I stand by my comment that he could rock the witty banter though.

I agree.  He just annoyed me in that episode.

Get Firefox 1.5
Happily a spree.
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 06:04:38 pm »

I really liked Jason when he was dating Lorelai. At first it was fun when they needed to hide from Lorelai's parents. After I while I wished they told them because I thought it'd be better than the way they found out. I definitetly saw something like coming. I think maybe the reason why lots of people dislike Jason it's because when he was dating Lorelai, Luke started to have feelings for her. Maybe if they had gone out some other time, like when Luke was dating Nicole, more people would like Jason.   

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 09:00:52 pm »

Did anybody see him in Maid in Mathattan?

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 07:44:35 am »

I watched that movie literally 3 times in a row at camp (stay over weekend, we were bored) and anyways i totally didn't connect where i had seen that actor before.  Totally took me awhile.

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 08:10:08 pm »

I didn't know Chris Eigeman was in Maid in Madhattan. I haven't seen the movie in a while so thats probably why.

- gilmore-girl

dani
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 78

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 08:18:44 am »

Jason was an alright character, but I didn't like him with Lorali.  I think they should bring him back, but here's the twist they should make him gay.  They don't have anyone on the show who's homosexual, and I think Jason would be perfect with his great wit and funny ways, so him and Lorali could be friends again.  I think that him and Lorali seemed better as friends anyway.
sparkledigits
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 07:39:13 am »

I disagree, obviously. Yes, Richard wanted to save his pension, but, he didn't like knowing Jason was dating Lorelai and didn't tell him. He also wanted revenge, why else ruin Jason in the industry. He took all of Jason's clients, even those Jason brought him after they partnered. This was one of the factors that caused the separation between Emily and Richard. Emily was angry Richard was taking it so far. Emily was afraid it would alienate Lorelai even more. Richard really screwed Jason over - that part was in revenge for not being up front with him about Lorelai. 

Yes, he wanted to save his pension, but he didn't need to ruin Jason to do it....that was going overboard. The only explanation was he was angry about finding out Jason was seeing his daughter.

I think the reason Richard went after Jason so ruthlessly was that he (Richard) suddenly felt that Jason was completely not to be trusted--there was the lingering oddness of Jason coming to Richard in the first place, primarily to screw over his own father.  Then, you add in a dubious meeting with a former client, and the sudden revelation that Jason and Lorelai are dating and---BAM!  Richard cuts bait as fast as he can, protecting his own interests and shutting down Jason in one fell move.  I always wondered, from the first appearance of Jason, whether Floyd Stiles and Jason had conceived a plot whereby Jason would become partners with Richard and then completely destroy Richard's company--up until Floyd announced the suit against Richard, I was convinced that Jason was a mole.  Did anyone else suspect this?  In the library scene, where Floyd basically takes off the mask and reveals his true intent, I watched Jason closely and wondered whether Chris Eigeman was playing him with false melodrama....oh, well....was not to be. (:  Just wondered if maybe Richard, also, had lingering doubts that coalesced around Jason's integrity in the same way.

That being said, I liked ol' Digger-with his wacky pad and weirdo dog.  He and Lorelai had the same buddy-understand-each-other's-upbringing camaraderie that Christopher and she have.  Maybe he'll return as the evil genius who destroys Richard and burns down Stars Hollow in the final episode??  Tongue
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 11:35:36 am »

I always took Jason at face value.  It's not hard, especially on this show, to believe someone would want to get back at their parents. 

If they do go with an apocolyptic ending for the show, I'm up for Jason destroying Richard.  Or, maybe it won't be Jason.  Maybe it'll be the dog who emerges out of the ashes of Stars Hollow, cackling maniacally Grin

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
sparkledigits
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2006, 01:37:07 pm »

Grin  hehehehe.....Cyrus the Dog finally moves more than slightly left!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: