Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 12:28:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Appreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Jason Stiles / Chris Eigeman Appreciation  (Read 34190 times)
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2005, 04:41:46 pm »

Jason was a fun character when he was dating Lorelai. I liked his witty comments and he was fun to watch. I know Luke and Lorelai are together and I want it to stay that way but it would be cool if they brought him back. Even just for an episode. Not to make any complications for Lorelai either I would just want it to be maybe he comes back to ask Richard for a job or something.

Anyone share my view?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:31:31 am by Heidi » Logged

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 09:33:40 pm »

Jason was a fun character when he was dating Lorelai. I liked his witty comments and he was fun to watch. I know Luke and Lorelai are together and I want it to stay that way but it would be cool if they brought him back. Even just for an episode. Not to make any complications for Lorelai either I would just want it to be maybe he comes back to ask Richard for a job or something.
Anyone share my view?

First, yes, I agree. He was a very quirky guy and fit right in to the quirky people who Lorelai has collected as friends. Plus, I always wanted to know what happened to his law suit.  I still don't get why Richard didn't like Lorelai dating him.  Afterall, as weird as Digger was, he was from the Gilmore  snob world surely they should have approved Huh   

Second, I was going to tell you not to open a duplicate thread, because I could have sworn we had a Jason thread already  Undecided ...but, hey, there isn't one....I am very surprised.   Shocked  So, I have to pretty stick you for letting Jason Digger Styles have his own thread.

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 10:22:04 pm »

Did Richard have a problem with her dating Jason?  He seemed to like Jason a lot, only when it came to business, Jason was a casualty of war.  I always thought Emily had the problem with him, because he made her feel obsolete.

I think Jason had the same kind of humor as Lorelai, but I can't see him on the show for anything but being in a relationship, which they won't do, or to cause strfe between her and Luke.  They really didn't develop his character beyond that.  It wouldn't make sense for him to work with Richard again.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 10:55:38 pm »

Did Richard have a problem with her dating Jason?  He seemed to like Jason a lot, only when it came to business, Jason was a casualty of war.  I always thought Emily had the problem with him, because he made her feel obsolete.
I think Jason had the same kind of humor as Lorelai, but I can't see him on the show for anything but being in a relationship, which they won't do, or to cause strfe between her and Luke.  They really didn't develop his character beyond that.  It wouldn't make sense for him to work with Richard again.
Richard betrayed Jason in the business only after he found out about Jason dating Lorelai.

Curry
Diner Owner

Community Points: 137

~ Daniela

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 11:10:17 pm »

Richard betrayed Jason in the business only after he found out about Jason dating Lorelai.

But not for personal reasons. Richard betrayed Jason because he had put up his pension as collateral on the loans and Floyd was going to sue their company. Richard didn't want to endanger his and Emily's future, so he had to come to terms with Floyd and Jason had to go.

I'd like to know what happened to Jason, but I don't think there is any reason for him to come back.

Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 09:09:26 am »

First, yes, I agree. He was a very quirky guy and fit right in to the quirky people who Lorelai has collected as friends. Plus, I always wanted to know what happened to his law suit.  I still don't get why Richard didn't like Lorelai dating him.  Afterall, as weird as Digger was, he was from the Gilmore  snob world surely they should have approved Huh   

Second, I was going to tell you not to open a duplicate thread, because I could have sworn we had a Jason thread already  Undecided ...but, hey, there isn't one....I am very surprised.   Shocked  So, I have to pretty stick you for letting Jason Digger Styles have his own thread.

I haven't seen a Jason thread on here so I thought I would put one up. I actually had one on the old forum too. Yeah it seemed like Emily and Richard didn't really care once they found out Lorelai was dating Jason. I thought they could of been happy.
Thanks for the pretty stick!!

- gilmore-girl

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 09:15:53 am »

But not for personal reasons. Richard betrayed Jason because he had put up his pension as collateral on the loans and Floyd was going to sue their company. Richard didn't want to endanger his and Emily's future, so he had to come to terms with Floyd and Jason had to go.

Thank you.  Yes, that's what I remember.  The fact that Lorelai was dating him was just timing.  Richard wasn't upset about it.  It was just business.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 06:49:41 am »

I don't know about all of you, but along with Max,Jason bugged me!

roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 12:37:04 pm »

I disagree, obviously. Yes, Richard wanted to save his pension, but, he didn't like knowing Jason was dating Lorelai and didn't tell him. He also wanted revenge, why else ruin Jason in the industry. He took all of Jason's clients, even those Jason brought him after they partnered. This was one of the factors that caused the separation between Emily and Richard. Emily was angry Richard was taking it so far. Emily was afraid it would alienate Lorelai even more. Richard really screwed Jason over - that part was in revenge for not being up front with him about Lorelai. 

Yes, he wanted to save his pension, but he didn't need to ruin Jason to do it....that was going overboard. The only explanation was he was angry about finding out Jason was seeing his daughter.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 12:39:35 pm by roryg fan » Logged

*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 166

Life is short so talk fast!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2005, 05:46:48 pm »

Jason bugs me too...I find him annoying actually.

Lorelai: "Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home."

Sookie: "What  happens if you eat 13 blueberries? Would you die?"
fuzzysnowflake
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2005, 11:01:17 pm »

I do see where you are coming from when you say that he had the wit with the dialog with Lorelai but I thought that, that was a bad move on the writers.  You cannot make a non-Gilmore talk like a Gilmore.  Yes Luke and Lane and a couple others do it occasionally but not like Lorelai and Rory talk.  I think that it was just pushing it to get him to talk like that too.  Plus of course bringing Jason back would cause HUGE complication for Luke and Lorelai.  I still liked the fact that his condo “burned down.”
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 08:02:58 pm »

I do see where you are coming from when you say that he had the wit with the dialog with Lorelai but I thought that, that was a bad move on the writers. You cannot make a non-Gilmore talk like a Gilmore. Yes Luke and Lane and a couple others do it occasionally but not like Lorelai and Rory talk. I think that it was just pushing it to get him to talk like that too. Plus of course bringing Jason back would cause HUGE complication for Luke and Lorelai. I still liked the fact that his condo “burned down.”
I argree. I don't think that they should bring Jason back at all. There are so many complacations with Luke and Lorelai now binging Jason back would only make it worse. Plus if he did come back I think that Lorelai will think that it will just be something that her parents did to break up her and Luke and that will be a whole big thing that doesn't need to happen.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 07:28:10 pm »

Well I don't mean bring back Jason to cause trouble for Luke and Lorelai. I would just want him back to see how he's doing after all the crap he went through after his Dad and Richard betrayed him.

- gilmore-girl

InOmniaParatus
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 01:07:13 am »

I think Jason/Chris Eigemann was as good head-to-head w/ Lorelai as even the sacred cow himself (aka- Luke).  He could banter like none other.  Of course, they weren't meant to be.  Small but telling example: Look at Jason's house.  Compare to Lorelai's. ... DING!.... next contestant...

"...I am currently one of the women sitting home and thinking, 'if I could only find a man like Aragorn."
Phoenix
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 08:07:23 am »

I recently re-watched the episode where they have the trial run at the Dragonfly.  It reminded me that I always found Jason annoying.

Get Firefox 1.5
Happily a spree.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: