2007 Emmy Awards! - One last hope!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 03:22:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114023 Members
Latest Member: CFindlay

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  2007 Emmy Awards! - One last hope!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: 2007 Emmy Awards! - One last hope!  (Read 10743 times)
tv_lindy
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

"Would you just stand still?"

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2006, 09:15:04 pm »

I just happened upon news of which Gilmore Girls episodes have been submitted for 2006 Emmy Award consideration!

They are:

FIGHT FACE
Feeling a little lonely, Lorelai adopts a dog. Luke agrees to repair Lorelai’s house, rather then buy the Twikham house. This soon turns into trouble as TJ does some unwanted construction on the house. Rory starts her community service assignment. Feeling neglected and unhappy with how things are going, Rory visits Luke at his diner. He lets it slip that he and Lorelai are engaged, leaving Rory feeling even more alone.

WE’VE GOT MAGIC TO DO
Lorelai needs Richard's help with her insurance after a small fire at the Dragonfly Inn and uses the occasion to talk to him about the fact that he didn't manage to get Rory back into Yale. Although he doesn't appreciate Lorelai's reprimand, Richard has to admit that Rory is not where she should be. Meanwhile, Rory organizes a fabulous DAR party for Emily but the evening doesn't turn out so well when Richard confronts Mitchum Huntzberger, Logan's father, about his opinion on Rory's journalistic talents. At the same time, Emily has an even uglier confrontation with Logan's mother about Rory and Logan's relationship. In addition, Miss Patty's 28th annual dance recital is on Thursday night, and Lorelai decides that Luke should still participate in activities he likes, such as camping and fishing, instead of going to things he hates (like dance recitals) with Lorelai. Paris gets her first job.

THE PRODIGAL DAUGHTER RETURNS
Luke becomes jealous when Lorelai receives a phone call from Christopher. Luke makes a big deal about being honest with each other, but when he discovers that he has a daughter he never knew about, he is unsure of how to tell Lorelai. After Rory moves into Lane's apartment, re-enrolls in Yale, and scores herself a job, Rory and Lorelai take the first steps towards reconciliation.

FRIDAY NIGHT’S ALRIGHT FOR FIGHTING
While Luke deals with the reality of having April in his life, Lorelai tries to pretend she doesn't mind the repercussions the new situation is having on their engagement. Rory's concern over Paris' lack of management skills at the Yale Daily News finally reaches a crisis point when most of the staff quits in protest. With Logan's help, Rory makes a valiant attempt to get the paper out on time. Meanwhile, Lorelai breaks the news to Richard and Emily that their money will no longer be needed for Rory's education, and the resentment starts to build. The subsequent Friday night dinner erupts into an emotional confrontation where all four Gilmore’s finally get their issues out on the table.

What does everyone think of these choices???
I like "Prodigal" and "Friday" the best...

I remember last year, I actually got up at the insanely early hour that they announce nominations, hoping-hoping-hoping to hear Lauren's name...or Amy's or Kelly's... or any acknowledgment for the show I love!  I was so disappointed...

Good Luck to our "Gilmore Girls" cast & crew!!

Update:
The nominations will be announced on July 6.  They are usually aired LIVE on CNN & E!, among other channels.  Set your alarm if you want to watch, they are broadcast at 5:39 am(!) Pacific Time.

The Emmy Awards ceremony will be on August 27 at 8:00 pm Eastern Time on NBC.  Hosted by Conan O'Brien!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:18:40 pm by tv_lindy » Logged

"When a woman gives birth to a crack baby, you do not buy her a puppy!" - Emily Gilmore

All hail the brilliant Amy Sherman-Palladino...  Don't leave us!  Come back, Amy!  Come back! 
Give Lauren Graham an Emmy!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 09:23:23 pm »

Thanks so much for the info.  I hope they earn a nomination!  GG stands alone when it comes to high quality family drama / comedy these days.  They deserve some recognition for the caliber of acting / writing / producing.  It would be something if they finally won something during the Palladinos last season.  I'm not holding my breath, though, as the television academy usually ignores the show.  Lauren Graham should be first in line for an Emmy!

JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 04:04:05 pm »

i know Gilmore Girls has been nominated several times for the Emmy's..but have they ever won?? i know each Alexis Bledel && Lauren Graham have each won some different awards..but i wasnt sure about the actual Emmy's.

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
ReflectingLight
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 04:36:55 pm »

If Lauren Graham doesn't receive an Emmy nom this year, the Emmy's will truly be the worst mockery of an awards show I've ever seen.

And thanks for the list of eppys!

P.S.
i know Gilmore Girls has been nominated several times for the Emmy's..but have they ever won??

Just scurried over to IMDB and their records show the yes, GG has won an Emmy. For what, you ask? Why, for make up. Not for the amazing awe-inspiring (IMO) wrting or for the jaw droppingly talented acting, but for the make up. Like I said above, a mockery.

(Sorry for the semi-rant there but it still just boggles my mind that this show continues to be overlooked year after year.)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:48:22 pm by ReflectingLight » Logged

"Why bring the show back at all? Two words: Lauren Graham."

USA Today, May 2006
Jess__love
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:45:39 pm »

Agreed! I don't understand why this amazing show is continually overlooked by the academy. Lauren deserves an Emmy!

-Kate-
Thanks to Melissa for my sig!

(Lorelai runs into a globe)
Lorelai: What in the world?
eternity-love
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 12:48:23 pm »

GIVE LAUREN AN EMMY!! Smiley

-->Literati : Rory+Jess <3
mo-gilmore
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

first crush: Lorelai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:58:52 am »

If Lauren Graham doesn't receive an Emmy nom this year, the Emmy's will truly be the worst mockery of an awards show I've ever seen

She does an amazing job, better than any on tv esp those housefraus
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 12:28:30 pm »

I think Prodigal or Fight Face will win, there was lots of emotion in those two episodes.
And I'm toally with all y'all! If Lauren doesn't get an Emmy, I will FLIP!!!
Deos anyone know when those will be shown?

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
gilmoreguyforlife
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 03:11:03 pm »

I, for one, think magic to do is the one to win. I love Pippin, and Kirk is the funniest he has been all season.
Lauren will be the one to win an emmy if anyone does, but, based on her 6th season work, I don't think she deserves it. I love her so much, but the writers have put her in a rut and she never changes her facial expression or her tone of voice, if only because she never gets a chance.
ReflectingLight
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 05:47:54 pm »

And I'm toally with all y'all! If Lauren doesn't get an Emmy, I will FLIP!!!
Deos anyone know when those will be shown?

The nominamtions usually come out in July I believe and the awards show is in Sept, I think. It generally airs right around the time the fall season begins. Not positive about the noms but I remember last year I was in LA in mid July when they were announced and I almost let it ruin the rest of my vacation because Lauren was overlooked. Fingers crossed for this year! Smiley

"Why bring the show back at all? Two words: Lauren Graham."

USA Today, May 2006
Kelso
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 58

*~)Anya(~*

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 06:31:34 am »

I agree, IMO nobody deserves an Emmy more than Lauren. Although the show itself deserves one, along with Kelly Bishop, who I think is fantastic also. All the acting on the show is great, but I think especially those two. No disrespect to Alexis though, she can do amazing in some of the scenes. Especially in Partings, her last scene with Logan nearly made me cry, and I hate Logan.

*~Anyanka~*

Don't Call Me Bones
Reading is sexy.
tygerlily
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 08:54:26 am »

She TOTALLY deserves an award - no questions asked!!!
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

~Missing the Girls~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 11:09:59 pm »

I am with you all - Lauren deserves an emmy!!!!!!

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 01:16:12 pm »

I really don't see the show getting any major Emmy nominations.  I don't think this has been the best year for them, and even in their best years, they were up against a few big obstacles.  First, the fact that they won't just make a dramedy category.  Gilmore Girls doesn't fit neatly into either drama or comedy (the show is not a comedy).  Second, no matter where GG's decides to go, they usually come up against a juggernaut.  When they submitted as a drama, they were up against The West Wing, which just kept winning awards.  Plus, since GG's type drama is small, family oriented (especially in the first season, where the drama stemmed from Lorelai reconnecting with her parents, and her dealing with Rory having her first boyfriend) it really doesn't hold up to shows that deal with running the country, or now, saving the country, or life and death.  Even Grey's Anatomy, which is much lighter than, say 24 or The Shield, is set in a hospital.  They move to comedy, where the light touch might work better, because there are comedic moments, and then what happens?  Desperate Housewives starts.  Actually, I wouldn't call Desperate Housewives a comedy either, but regardless, they're the Emmy's pet show.  So, just bad timing there.

But, I think the biggest reason that GG's hasn't gotten won any major Emmy's can be summed up in two letters.  WB.  It doesn't really matter how good the show is, there's a stigma against WB shows.  It's viewed as a teeny bopper network.  And, it's rare that young actors get nominated for Emmy's, so a whole network that is pretty much seen as being for teens, has a pretty insurmountable obstacle.  And, somehow, I don't see the Emmy voters viewing the CW network any differently. 

The way I see it, the show and the actors are going to just be the ones that everyone thinks should have won.  Although, supposedly there's a new system that's supposed to give shows like this a better shot at getting a nomination than it had before.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
jennie
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 14

Patrick.Dempsey #1 Greys Fan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 05:41:35 pm »

i think gimore girls deserve an emmy

GREYS ANATOMY NUMBER ONE SHOW IN THE WORLD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »