GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 24, 2022, 07:15:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.04 - The Deer Hunters  (Read 60075 times)
#1DeanLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 24

I love Dean, and I am insane!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 04:46:45 pm »

I love the El dulce. I laughed so hard.

~#1DeanLover
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 07:41:58 pm »

LOL. I love this the other day I was talking to this guy in my class about this ABC test in SS. thing and I was nervouse and excited and hes like "Whats so exciting about a test?" "do you play golf..?" "yeah." "you explain yours,I'll explain mine." lol

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
Jess Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 06:37:33 am »

I didn't like this episode very much. I didn't think it was right of Haedmaster Charleston to not let Rory takes the test, even if she was late. Rory doesn't usually have meltdowns but she does have the same personality as Lorelai at little. She more sensible than Lorelai and more serious.
Rory Lover
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 09:55:54 am »

I'm Loving It   Cheesy

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 09:44:50 am »

This episode actually helped me on a quiz!! One of the questions was something about a duche, and it gave multiple choice, and I was like, "Hey, Lorelai called Charleston Il Duche, I bet it's like a cruel ruler or something."  I got it right, and further proving Gilmore Girls has helped me so much in life.   Smiley

I love this episode, with all the kamikaze deer running around. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 07:02:49 pm »

i'd forgotten how attractive luke was in the first season!  (not that he isn't now, too)

did anyone else think it was inappropriate when max flirtily included in the message on their machine that he wanted to see lorelai again?  i mean, it was cute and mushy and necessary to plot... but for a teacher to do that is really unprofessional.

[are you guys watching these on family channel lately? i love the revisit to first season]

spunkie
java junkie
half literati/half headliner
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
fabulous, not mondofabulous?"
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 06:36:46 pm »

[are you guys watching these on family channel lately? i love the revisit to first season]

Yeah buddy I am! lol. Today this was that episode...I was shopping cause I missed it,but I got to watch the end. I thought that the message was a bit unprofesional, but cute. In a mushy, kinda aww way. lol

Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 08:15:34 am »

THE NAME'S RORY!!!!
hah
I want a kamikazee deer. Tongue Kidding.

Think about this--Why did kamikazee pilots wear helmets??

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 09:42:11 am »

hmm... confusing! lol I have no idea?? *gets excited* Why why??? lol. I loved that, " Rory! The name's RORY!" lol. Tristan's evil with his little biblical insults!

HollowStar
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

There are no flowers, no not this time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 06:15:19 pm »

This was my first episode to ever watch all the way through, so it brings back good memories.

I hate to always nitpick with the episodes, but eh, what the hell.

I think, considering the circumstances, Lorelai could have pushed more for Rory to take the test.  Afterall, she did get in a "car accident."  They could have worked with that and lied about all the rest in order to get her to take her test.   Grin

I never liked Max, so that part of the episode annoys me a little.

I loved Tristan, though.  He was the sexiest "bad boy" of Season 1.

I will let you down.  I will make you hurt.  What have I become?
logavsky
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 12:28:20 am »

This is my favorite episode! As a student in high school taking AP classes I could relate to the pressure.

My favorite part was when Lorelai and a father from Chilton got into a little arguement. He said, "what's fun about taking a test?" She replied, "Do you play golf?" He answered, "Yes." She replied,"you explain yours, I'll explain mine."

This episode always inspires me to do well in school.
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2007, 11:31:48 am »

this is my farovite part

rory: I got hit by a deer
max: u hit a dder?
rory: no i got hit by a deer
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 04:50:00 pm »

This is my favorite episode! As a student in high school taking AP classes I could relate to the pressure.

My favorite part was when Lorelai and a father from Chilton got into a little arguement. He said, "what's fun about taking a test?" She replied, "Do you play golf?" He answered, "Yes." She replied,"you explain yours, I'll explain mine."

This episode always inspires me to do well in school.

LOL. I love that part, also! It's so funny, how serious Loreali looks when she says it. lol.

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 08:14:43 pm »

This is some seriously classic GG!  I love how so much of the focus in this epi is between the bond of mother and daughter.  We see Rory struggle and Lorelai is such an incredible support - we see what a great mom she is in this episode.

I can't help questioning the fact that Rory got a D.  She may have been behind in her reading but she's eloquent and well-read -- I would've found a C more believable.  Especially since Louise did so well on it.  However, then we wouldn't have had this nice little plot. 

All of the stress, anxiety, exhaustion, and late nights really hit home as it reminded me of last week for me -- it wasn't much different!!

Lorelai meeting Max - you can just feel his instant attraction to her!  She is so a B-52's girl, as well as a klutz girl who shouldn't drive with coffee in her hand!   Wink  I love this scene and the snobbery of the Chilton parents contrasted with Lorelai.  The rest of the parents are so intense!!!  Also, I adore "What in the world!?!"  World  and "Never make coffee ever again."  LOL - definitely Lorelai at her best!  Nod

I thought it was goofy that they have a rule about not being able to take the test.  Wouldn't the consequence be, in most places, that she now has less time to complete the test?  (assuming she would need to have it done by the end of the period)  That just sounds more reasonable to me.

Hee hee - I think it's funny that Max and Headmaster Charleston are just standing around drinking tea when Lorelai comes in his office.

We get to see Lane's funky secret closet for the first time!

It's a good plot device that Rory gets hit by a deer.  They play it up to the maximum by having everyone constantly ask if she hit a deer.  Also, it made for a cool epi title.

Rory is so good at the tempermental meltdown!  I wish we would have seen her let loose like this more often because it was great . . ."What's up quippy?"  LOL!!!   Cheesy

Lorelai is sooooo pleased that Max mentions her in the message at the end.  I think he and "Il Duce" redeem themselves a bit by compromising a little.

Lorelai's speech while they are looking for the deer is one of my favorites to Rory:  "Don't forget to come up for air once in a while."  She was a really good parent I have to say. 

Overall, two enthusiastic thumbs up on this epi!!!   Smiley

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2007, 08:52:57 pm »

This really does show the fantastic bond that Rory and Lorelai share, and I agree.  Lorelai shows some amazing mothering skills in this episode.

I love the Paris moments in this episode.  Even though they are very mean spirited towards Rory, they are delivered so fantastically by Liza.  Her "You're going down" comment made me laugh aloud yet again  Grin.

I really like Max (don't absolutely love him like a lot of other members here, but I do like him) and thought that the meeting of Lorelai and him was a great scene.  "What in the world"  LMAO and also the quip by the stuck up Chilton mum that says "she was the one that voted for the scrunchies"  HEH!

I loved the dynamic between Lorelai and Rory when Rory is first studying but hasn't informed Lorelai of the D.  The way Lorelai comes off as the immature one and keeps trying to distract Rory out of boredom ( I get like that a lot if my hubby is watching a show I can't stand - heehee) is very funny, and then when Rory shifts rooms and she follows her...LOL.

I have some more things to post....but will be back soon with those

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: