6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2014, 12:42:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114520 Members
Latest Member: par

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: 6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do  (Read 27461 times)
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 04:29:42 pm »

This is a classic episode...

Luke trying to do his own thing through Lorelei's encouragement but has a hard time doing it.  The dinner with Sookie & Jackson was great.  Patty's play was amazing, especially Kirk. 

Paris going Commie after being broke!  Paris is the coolest character... ever!!!

Rory taking charge of the D.A.R. was great until Mitchum and Shira Crapburgers came out.

Poor Richard, wanting to do what he feels right for Rory only to learn the truth from Mitchum and he should've kicked his ass.  He should've grabbed Paris, called Lorelei.  She would've brought Luke, Sookie, Jackson, Lane, Zach, and T.J. and they would've gone Tarantino on Mitchum Huntzberger. 

The look on Richard's face with Rory says it all... he realized his own daughter was right and what is happening to Rory.  I feel sorry for him just because he tried to help her out only to realize he's making the same mistakes he did with Lorelei many years before.

Then there's Emily, laying the smacketh down on that ugly, plastic-surgery, cocktail-waitress, mutant b*tch!  Emily Gilmore is hella-cool.

Sure, sometimes she does the wrong things but she can kick your butt any day of the week.  Oh!  That reminds me.  Tonight on Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8... Episode 8.19-Branching Out, Emily Gilmore is going to challenge Taylor Doose...

Oh... this is good!  I like Season 8... it has all of the quirks, turmoil, conflicts, and such that made Gilmore Girls great.  Plus, there were more fights and arguments than in any season.  Lorelei and Emily butting heads over the Dragonfly expansion into a spa... Luke and Lorelei with their own relationship issues, Rory vs. a Diane Sawyer wannabe on the road, and in 8.17, Rory vs. Lorelei over Rory's future after she quit her job months before and is now doing part-time jobs and there was also Luke vs. April over her new attitude.  8.18 had Luke vs. Emily over Lorelei's 40th b-day party bash that was settled when Luke apologized and Emily tells Luke that she and Richard respects him.  I'm waiting for the ultimate catfight between Lorelei and Anna... Season 8 totally rocks!
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2008, 06:43:38 pm »

I have read a few posts in this thread and these are my thoughts:

At first Luke didn't want to go camping because he realized he didn't like camping by himself as much anymore because now he has Lorelai.  But then when he comes back and realizes she was just trying to be nice or whatever, he decides he'll go back again.  But that doesn't make sense.  He changes his mind about wanting to be with her instead?!  No, I don't think he would do that.  Why didn't he just go to the recital with her and then go camping afterwards?  Or invite her to camping with him afterwards.  She probably would've said no, but he could've talked her into it.  She did not force him to go.  He could've said, "Nah.  I'd actually rather be with you.  Honest."

I also agree with whoever said they make Rory out to be a genius in this episode.  If she could really recite the periodic table at 4 or whatever, she would've been on the news.  Or something.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2008, 11:42:03 am »

This episode was just on this morning.  It wasn't shown yesterday because of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles night on ABC Family.

The last image of Richard Gilmore looking at Rory and how sad he's become I think really reveals a lot of things.  I think part of the theme in Season 6 is about regret. 

I think after what happened with Mitchum Huntzberger and Richard couldn't believe that everything Lorelai had said was true.  The way Richard looked at Rory was not just a huge smack in the face but also some harsh revelations.

He realized that he never should've let Rory quit Yale because of some *sshole's opinion.  Plus, as much as he didn't mind Rory doing all of these DAR things.  He knows that Rory is much better than that and he's not doing anything.  Then I think the worst part of all this is that all of this could've been avoided if he had listened to Lorelai and he didn't.  Now he realize he's making the same mistakes he made with Lorelai and it's being done to Rory.  I think that moment, he realized that Rory is like Lorelai and neither of them really belong into that rich, privilaged world that Emily wanted them to be a part of.  I think in a lot of ways.  Lorelai is like Richard.  They're both hardworking, they want to have control of their own businesses and goals.  Yet, Lorelai is like Emily as well.  They're stubborn, they want things the way it should be, and all of that.  Rory is like them to but is more like Lorelai than I think Richard and Emily wanted to believe. 

That last image said it all and it's one that's very sad.  Though Richard's intentions were noble, I think that his ignorance about the way the world works and the idea of being rich or in the Sh*tburgers' case, filthy rich proved that money can't really buy things including happiness and security. 
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2009, 12:19:44 pm »

FINALLY...

The Elder Gilmores took the blinders off and realize that Lorelai was telling the truth about the CRAPburgers.

Emily vs. Shira=P0WNAGE!

So lovin BROKE Paris, but Kirk's mime act creeped me out.

I'm with the above poster, Richard should've called up Lorelai and C0 to GO MEDIEVAL on the TURDburgers.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: