6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 02:43:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 99003 Members
Latest Member: Ulyssesmt

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: 6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do  (Read 26738 times)
Carmicone
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2006, 12:12:13 pm »

I loved the scene where Emily confronts Shira, it was great!! I loved how she tell her all that horrible things (that she deserved though) and still managed not to raise her voice. I love the part when she says: "He's still a playboy, you know. Well, of course you know. That would explain why your weight goes up and down thirty pounds every other month."  Shocked
I think Emily is not such a bad person, and she would have been a better mom if she tried to relax sometimes and not being so uptight.
I also felt bad for Richard when she finally realised what they had done with Rory and betraying Lorelai like that. His face was more eloquent than 1000 words, I just felt sorry for him.

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
LovinLauren
Town Resident

Tyra & Beyonce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2006, 09:46:21 am »

I'm glad Emily and Richard finally found out that Lorelai was telling the truth. Logan's family should be happy to have Rory in there, shes a credit to them Cool

**woo hoo Beyonce concert in June**
GilmoreFan623
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2006, 08:34:08 am »

I really liked this episode. About Kirk, ya.....that was funny and a bit creepy at the same time!! But I must say it is probably my favorite Kirk moment for now!!

Loved the look on Richered face at the very end. He is finally seeing that when he let Rory drop out of Yale, he made a BIG mistake. And, he also finally just learned that Lorelai was right all along about Logan's dad. Rory does not need to be in the DAR planning parties for 60 year olds. She needs to be at Yale, where she belongs.

Also, loved what Emily said the Logan's mom. LOL, Sooooooooooo funny.

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
Rory_fan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

Rory's my idol :) Headliner fan! my name's Jessica

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2006, 08:39:01 am »

Very good episode!

My favorite moments:
Kirk's thing at Miss Patty's recital:  The Journey of Man. 
A quote:
Sookie:  Kirk's dying.
Lorelai:  That's going to happen to us all one day.
*pause*
Lorelai:  Just not so spazzy.
*Sookie nods*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I thought Emily's little talk with Shira was great
Quote:
EMILY: So, Richard tells me we have a little problem.

SHIRA: Really? What?

EMILY: The kids. Logan, Rory. I understand you're not exactly thrilled with the match. That you let that be known to Rory at the dinner she had at your house.

SHIRA [laughs]: Well, I wouldn't say not thrilled.

EMILY: Then what would you say?

SHIRA: Oh, Emily, this is a party.

EMILY: I'm just curious.

SHIRA: This may not be the time and the place, Emily. [She smiles awkwardly and sits down.]

EMILY [greeting a passing couple]: Hello, you two. Drop by our table later. [To Shira] Let's make it the time and place.

SHIRA: Consider the discrepancies, Emily.

EMILY [calmly]: Well, that's what's confusing me. They both come from good families. They both have good values. Money doesn't seem to be an issue, we all have money.

SHIRA: Frankly, Emily, there's your money, then there's our money.

EMILY: Oh?

SHIRA: And our family has a lot of responsibilities that come with that. An image to maintain.

EMILY: Ah, yes. Well, let me tell you this, Shira. We are just as good as you are. You don't think Rory is good enough for your son. As if we don't know Logan's reputation? We do. But he is welcome in our home anytime, and you should extend the same courtesy to Rory.

SHIRA: Emily -

EMILY: Now, let's talk about your money. [She leans over Shira and speaks quietly.] You were a two-bit gold digger fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum choose you to marry amoungst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know, but hats off to you for bagging him. He's still a playboy, you know. Well, of course you know. That would explain why your weight goes up and down thirty pounds every other month. [Shira laughs nervously.] But that's your cross to bear. But these are ugly realities. No one needs to talk about them. Those kids are staying together for as long as they like. You won't stop them. Now, enjoy the event. [She smiles and walks off, waving at another guest.] Diane, hello!

Good for Emily!  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 08:40:29 am by Rory_fan » Logged

I am an obsessive supporter of the Rory/Logan relationship.  Do not insult Logan in front of me, or you will face my wrath.
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2006, 05:08:48 pm »

I just watched this episode on ABC Family today and I just had to say that I love how they show Richard realizing how wrong he was to not stick with Lorelai. And of course Emily putting her razor sharp tounge on someone other than the maid or Lorelai! I love it!

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
mo-gilmore
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

first crush: Lorelai

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2006, 05:21:44 pm »

Just watched this episode again today.  That look on Richard's face.  alot of time through the seasons, lorelai still talks to her father no matter how mad she is at emily.  As a father, Richard, I think, had a piece of him that feels he failed where lorelai is concerned and did not protect her as a kid when she got pregnant and left the path they wanted for her.  I think the look on his face at the end is a look like, "I messed things up again.  I'm supposed to protect these girls and I can't seem to help them stay on track."  And a bit of him feels like its all his fault his family is dysfunctional.

That's my opinion.  That look is pretty powerful and I think deeper than just knowing what happened with rory and the hamburgers was true.
G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 10:54:48 am »

LUKE: Did he have guys with him?

LORELAI: What?

LUKE: Guys, to help him lift this thing?

LORELAI: No, no guys.

LUKE: No guys, your dad is Hercules.

that was the funniest part...
Smiley)

Kirkthejerk
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2006, 08:05:57 am »

I loved the part where Paris turned communist, reminded me of the farmers in the holy grail.
Carmicone
Town Resident

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2006, 02:37:43 pm »

Just watched this episode again today.  That look on Richard's face.  alot of time through the seasons, lorelai still talks to her father no matter how mad she is at emily.  As a father, Richard, I think, had a piece of him that feels he failed where lorelai is concerned and did not protect her as a kid when she got pregnant and left the path they wanted for her.  I think the look on his face at the end is a look like, "I messed things up again.  I'm supposed to protect these girls and I can't seem to help them stay on track."  And a bit of him feels like its all his fault his family is dysfunctional.

That's my opinion.  That look is pretty powerful and I think deeper than just knowing what happened with rory and the hamburgers was true.
I completely agree with you, mo-gilmore, that look on Richard's face was heartbreaking, he just realized how wrong he was when he decided not to listen to Lorelai when she told them how bad the Huntzbergers treated Rory.
This episode had so many funny moments, I completely loved all the things Emily said to Shira, it was so great to see her defending Rory just the way Lorelai would have done (I repeat, Lorelai and Emily have a lot in common with their respective personalities, that's why they get along so horribly bad) and I absolutely loved the whole Paris freak out for money, and being so mad at the rich Tongue

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 08:47:12 pm »

It bothered me how smart they made Rory seem in this episode.  I mean, I always pictured her as smart, but not a genius. 

RICHARD: Emily, please. It's Rory. What she tackles, she conquers. This girl could name the state capitals at three. Recite the periodic table at four. Discuss Schopenhauer's influence on Nietzsche when she was ten. She's read every book by every author with a Russian surname and had a 4.2 grade point average at one of the toughest schools on the east coast. If she's excluding salmon puffs, she has a good reason to exclude salmon puffs. And I, for one, have complete confidence in her ability to tackle this job. And so should you.

I just don't like how unrealisitic that seems.

I liked the Mitchum/Richard confrontation, then Emily going to Shira.  That was really good.

I loved Paris...she was so great in this episode, and really made me laugh.

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 11:58:36 am »

emily finally used her power for good
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2008, 11:53:03 am »

Smiley)
That is a good part but it's not from this episode...

I love Paris in this episode: "I bet the Romanovs never RSVPed.  And they got theirs!"[/color]

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
biblegirl101
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2008, 12:09:39 pm »

Smiley)

yea i loved it too...and then they figured out the top came off lol

Headliners for Life. Java Junkies for Life.
superstarmonkey
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2008, 03:05:59 pm »

This episode is one of the shining sparks in an otherwise dark season 6. I love it soooo much, it is full of some of the best type of gilmore girl comedy, snappy one-liners - and Kirk dancing. Marxist Paris is soooo brilliant! As is the freaky dancing kirk, and Lorelai and Sookie getting stressed because of the glitter.

This Christmas I was watching a Carol service at church, and at one point some kids did a dance and danced up through the audience. My friend leaned over and started quoting this episode and we both couldn't stop laughing. "I thought they'd run out of glitter!".  Cheesy

I also love that Emily and Richard finally stood up to the Huntzbergers and the blinds were finally lifted off their eyes to see that, although they may be rich, successful and influential, they were actually rather horrible to Rory. Richards reaction is sad at teh end, but it kind of makes me think "serves him right for not listening to Lorelai in the first place."

Thanks to honkifuluvGG for the signature
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2008, 06:29:36 pm »

I liked how rory took charge in this episode, but my two favorite parts were 1 when emily confronted Mrs. Huntzbuger and told her off and 2 when Richard did the same to Mitch
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: