6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 07:10:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475982 Posts in 1571 Topics by 105849 Members
Latest Member: AOntivero

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: 6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do  (Read 27004 times)
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2005, 10:59:57 am »

I LOVED this episode!!!!!!!!!!! It's one of my Top favs. too!

Gg_fan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 05:34:49 pm »

i didn't see this episode!!!! i was so bummed i missed it!!!!!  Cry

i <3 gilmore girls!
leebeasy
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2005, 01:02:03 pm »

I loved this one, Patty's show was classic!

daddysgirl
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2005, 06:00:23 pm »

Well, they held a party and Loerlai and Rory actually spoke!
It was SO AWESOMe
i didn't see this episode!!!! i was so bummed i missed it!!!!!  Cry
nEXT TIME. When it says "last episode"
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 06:57:12 pm »

That episode was really sad tho:'(

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
coffee8
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 03:02:33 pm »

Rory (Alexis Bledel) does a fabulous job organizing a big DAR bash for Emily (Kelly Bishop). However, at the party, Richard (Edward Herrmann) confronts Logan's (Matt Czuchry) father, Mitchum Huntzberger (guest star Gregg Henry), about his opinion of Rory's journalistic talents, while Emily has an even uglier confrontation with Logan's mother, Shria (guest star Leann Hunley), over the romance between Rory and Logan. Meanwhile, after a small kitchen fire at the Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) needs Richard's help settling the insurance claim and uses the time spent with her father to needle him about the fact that he has been unable to get Rory to return to Yale. Though he's annoyed with Lorelai, Richard has to admit that Rory is not where she should be.

I'm not sure if I got the Thread Title format right, so feel free to fix it if you have the power Smiley

I'll need to rewatch the show before I can share all my overanalytical thoughts, but for now the thing that has lingered with me the most is the look on Richard's face at the end.

For a moment it looked like he was thinking "Mitchum is right, she doesn't have what it takes."  Then, since he was watching her act very DAR-y, it seemed like he was thinking "So this is her life now.  Because he crushed her and got her off track, this is what she'll be doing from now on."

However, my current belief is that his look of disappointment is directed at himself.  Partly for not believing Lor about Mitchum, but mostly for facilitating in Rory's off-track-ness.  Almost like "What have I done?"

Thoughts?
nikki Smiley

I have a thought .. what does thread mean.  You say it enough that you should tell us what it means
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 03:17:10 pm »

I have a thought .. what does thread mean. You say it enough that you should tell us what it means

Is this an honest question?  Because if you really don't know what thread means, I can tell you. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Lorein_ARG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2005, 09:22:42 pm »

I've just seen the episode and I thought it had the right "funny things-serius things"...
Kirk... nothing left to say
Paris becoming a Marxist!!!!! That was sooooooooo great!
And Richard's face at the end... perfect (great caps!), sometimes they don't need to speak.

When it comes to L/L, I also think that what happened was great, but it would be better if she ever goes fishing or camping with him.
Well, I hope that happens sometimes, and I also think that Richard's face means not only Lorelai and Rory getting back together, but also the elder Gilmores trying to understand Lorelai a bit more. But I think they are too proud to admit that she was right

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2005, 09:39:47 pm »

I don't think it was necessary for Lorelai to go fishing or camping with him.  Luke wasn't making any huge sacrifice doing Lorelai stuff, because for him, being with her trumped any inconvience.  And, it's not like he wondered why Lorelai didn't want to go camping with him.  He wondered why she didn't want him at Miss Patty's recital.  IMO, camping and fishing might very well be the kind of things Luke likes doing alone. 

The way I see it, Luke wasn't being especially wonderful or noble by doing those things with Lorelai.  It was for his benefit more than anything.  Now, if Luke had indicated that it was important to him that Lorelai share his activities, than she should make an attempt (but not force herself, and neither should he) but not just because Luke goes to her activities.  I thought Lorelai felt that Luke might be doing all that stuff out of obligation, out of feeling that he would be neglectful if he didn't stay with her all the time.  And, she was saying that it was okay for him to have *his* time. 

gilmore-girl
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 30

Forward, Remember, Forward::Proud to be a Huskie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2005, 07:26:41 am »

I thought Lorelai felt that Luke might be doing all that stuff out of obligation, out of feeling that he would be neglectful if he didn't stay with her all the time.  And, she was saying that it was okay for him to have *his* time. 

Well I think that Lorelai felt that Luke was always doing stuff with her and she thought that the night of Miss. Patty's party he'd rather be doing his own thing. Personally Luke shouldn't have to have Lorelai's permission to do his own thing but I think that Lorelai reconnized the fact that Luke is always working and seeing her and it would be good for him to do the stuff he enjoys doing. He doesn't get a chance to fish or camp all the time. I think Lorelai was just trying to be nice and considerate. If Luke didn't really want to go he could of just stuck around his place or whatever.

No Luke wasn't being a saint or anything. He was just trying to do the things that he likes doing and realized that he felt like he was being shipped off for the night cause Lorelai was going to a party. It did seem like Lorelai was making him go which was stupid. Luke has his own mind.

- gilmore-girl
Save yourself some time and the forum some space...read the rules!!

Jaredlover
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 01:46:20 pm »

This episode was cool.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
jjeanie
Town Resident

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 10:53:17 am »

I'm so happy about Richard & Emily finally finding out about how Rory's been treated.

I love how Emily takes matters into her own hands:

'Well let me tell you this, Sher, we are just as good as you are.  You dont think Rory's good enough for your son, as if we dont know Logan's reputation? We do.  But he is welcome at our home, anytime, and you should extend the same curtosy to Rory.'

'Now lets talk about your money.  You were a 2-bit gold digger fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into.  And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, i'll never know, but hats off to you for bagging him. He's still a playboy you know.  Well of course you know that, that would explain why your weight goes up and down 30pounds every other month.  But that's your cross to bear.  But these are ugly realities. No one needs to talk about them.  Those kids are staying together for as long as they like. You wont stop them.  Now enjoy the event.  Dianne, Hello!'
MikeinLA
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 11:20:26 am »

Ok, this is probably another “too subtle/unimportant” thing to notice, and probably no one will know the answer to my question for sure, but I’m curious what y’all think.

At the event when Emily confronts Shira at her new table, Shira tries to explain “well, there’s your money and then there’s our money.”  What do you think she meant by that?  Old money vs. New money?  Or just quantity of money?

It might be the other way around regards old money and new money. Richard Gilmore comes from old money, if you recall Gran and her stupendous wealth. Mitchum Huntzberger/Hamburger may have started from scratch and built his publishing empire himself. Shira may be implying that they have earned their wealth and the Gilmores have only inherited theirs.

Whatever they started with: The founder and owner of a huge publishing empire would be much wealthier than the vice president of an insurance company. The Huntzbergers/Hamburgers may be much wealthier than the Gilmores.

Undecided

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 09:04:35 pm »

I personally think it means the amount of money.  Shira didn't strike me as someone who would have a big work ethic and say that it's better to earn money.  I don't think she cared how they got it.  I'm also basing my feelings on the episode last season when Rory first went to their house.  She was overwhelmed.  And, it's not like Rory just stepped into the Huntzburger mansion from Stars Hollow.  Rory has had some experience with rich people.  She spent almost every Friday night since she was 16 at the Gilmore mansion , had her own room especially designed for her, participated in a debutante ball, spent the day at the country club.  The mere existance of wealth shouldn't have made Rory go all gaga.  But, I think they were trying to impress that even someone who had more than a passing knowledge of how the rich people lived would have been overwhelmed by the Huntzburger wealth.  I'd say the difference between the Huntzburger's amount of money and Richard and Emily's is about the same as R&E's amount of money and Lorelai's amount.

jjeanie
Town Resident

Luke & Lorelai & Rory & Logan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2006, 06:32:05 am »

I personally think it means the amount of money.  Shira didn't strike me as someone who would have a big work ethic and say that it's better to earn money.  I don't think she cared how they got it.  I'm also basing my feelings on the episode last season when Rory first went to their house.  She was overwhelmed.  And, it's not like Rory just stepped into the Huntzburger mansion from Stars Hollow.  Rory has had some experience with rich people.  She spent almost every Friday night since she was 16 at the Gilmore mansion , had her own room especially designed for her, participated in a debutante ball, spent the day at the country club.  The mere existance of wealth shouldn't have made Rory go all gaga.  But, I think they were trying to impress that even someone who had more than a passing knowledge of how the rich people lived would have been overwhelmed by the Huntzburger wealth.  I'd say the difference between the Huntzburger's amount of money and Richard and Emily's is about the same as R&E's amount of money and Lorelai's amount.

I agree!  The Huntzburger name is very well known... and that's for a reason... the wealth of that family.  Mitchum owns a hell of alot of papers and news stuff.  They're extremely wealthy.  The gilmores are wealthy too... but I dont think it quite compares to the Huntzburgers'.  I think that the Huntzburgers' dispute with Rory going out with Logan was more than Logan is getting serious.. and they see Rory as a daughter of Lorelai.  Lorelai who went away from traditions and discarded the family and its wealth.  -- Rory who was raised in an average household...without the wealthy people's ways and methods. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: