6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 05:59:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115356 Members
Latest Member: Bartonpa

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: 6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do  (Read 27511 times)
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 03:05:48 pm »

Lorelai is so close, and yet so far.  I think it’s good that she’s recognized the fact that Luke is doing all kinds of Lorelai things and not so many Luke things, and is being a very good sport about it.  And I think she is right, Luke should do some Luke things.  He shouldn’t abandon Luke things just because they are together.  I think she truly was concerned he was missing out on things he enjoys (and wasn’t trying to banish him), which is a big deal.  This is a step towards maturity.

But I don’t think “no no, you can’t go out with me to another Lorelai thing.  Go do your own stuff” is the right response.  I think most mature people in a healthy relationship would say “Hey, would you like to take me camping?” or something to that effect.  In other words, they would either think “He’s doing all these things because he likes being with me.  The fact that I’m there is more important than exactly what we are doing.  Since I usually don’t do his type of activities, he hasn’t been doing them lately.  Maybe I should suggest we both do one of his activities, so that he’ll get to enjoy that AND get to hang out with me” or, more simply “He’s been a doing a lot of my stuff with me, I should do some of his stuff with him.”

--------------------------------------------

I think this is a very subtle point, but I’m crazy and have to bring it up.  It seemed that when Shira showed up, Rory mentioned “and she didn’t even make a donation” on top if it all.  Later, one of the DAR women said something about the large donation that Shira made at the door.  Later still, Rory again comments on “and they didn’t even make a donation!”

I could be wrong about those details, but I’m pretty sure I remembered them correctly.

So, the point is, I have a suspicion that at some point, when the Hamburgers are frustrating her, she will bring up their lack of donation to throw it in their faces.  And then they’ll say how they gave quite the donation and she’ll look stupid.  However, this is assuming that the writers pay as close attention to detail as their obsessed fans do, which we know isn’t true Smiley  So my prediction will most likely not come true, but I still wanted to put it out there.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 10:50:35 am »

I like the ending. Richard was played very well. To me it looked like this:

Richard (thinking): Hi Rory is up on stage...

Riachard (thinking): She changed so much.

Riachrd(thinking): Poor girl she is crushed. How unhappy she must be. Her life is upsite down....

Richard (thinking): ....because of me.

Gotta love the fact that Richard could have stopped her from dropping out, but because of him (and Emily) she did.

LORELAI: Oh, don’t be embarrassed Snuffy, I’m just teasing. It’d be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

the4thlorelai
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 11:30:07 am »

WO, I think that pretty much sums it up. I think he now realizes what a mess this whole Rory-dropping-out-of-yale thing is.

~*Lisa*~
.:JavaJunkie:.:Literati:.:Spree:.:Noddie:.
~*Sat and forever am at work here*~
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 11:32:48 am »

Ok, this is probably another “too subtle/unimportant” thing to notice, and probably no one will know the answer to my question for sure, but I’m curious what y’all think.

At the event when Emily confronts Shira at her new table, Shira tries to explain “well, there’s your money and then there’s our money.”  What do you think she meant by that?  Old money vs. New money?  Or just quantity of money?

At first I thought she meant quantity.  Mostly because I remember in the old forum, Summer said it seemed to her that the Gilmores were middle-Upper-Class, and the Hamburgers were upper-Upper-Class, which partially explains why they were sucking up so badly to Logan.  But Emily says “I don’t see what the problem is, we both have lots of money.”  Which makes me think maybe it’s not about quantity because Emily doesn’t seem to see a huge discrepancy.  Or maybe it is a quantity thing but Em’s just downplaying it.

Anyways, since Emily’s comment was making me doubt the quantity thing, I thought the only other thing it could be is Old vs. New money.  But Gran and Richard’s father had money, and I think they handed quite a bit of it down to Richard (helping him start his business and whatnot), and Gran was always hyped up on the standards of a Gilmore, which made me think they were old money too.  But I don’t know the rules.  I don’t know how old your money has to be before it’s truly Old money.

Well, it was just a lingering “what did that mean?” thing and I wanted to share.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
laxgrl2787
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 04:01:43 pm »

I personally think that Shira wants to show that there is a difference between the Gilmores and the Huntzbergers. The Gilmores probably have a little less money than the Huntzbergers but I think it was more of a punch towards Rory. Though she is a Gilmore, she never grew up with money and Shira should know that because she's Shira. Shira has always thought that Rory wasn't good enough because she didn't think Rory could handle the responsibility of being rich, she knows that Rory grew up without money and wants to make that point. Also, Shira wants to put herself above the rest and by making that comment, she attempts to belittle Emily and the Gilmore name, though Emily pulls her back down to where she should be. That was a good pick-up; when I heard that comment, my thoughts were along the same line. (Great Gilmore Girls fans think alike!!)

~Kat
loganluv29
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 08:45:25 pm »

i have to say i loved kirk in this episode. i thought he was sooooooooooooooo funny and every time i start to think about it i start to laugh out loud even if  am at class..
karls
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 07:36:35 am »

My boyfriend and I just watched this episode last night because we've been on vacation.  We're both 40 years old and this is our favorite show.  MOMENTS before the end, my VCR cut off.  Apparently I did not have the VCR clock timed right.  We (especially he) were anxiously and deliciously waiting to see just what Emily would say or do to Shria, when the screen went blank. 

Will someone please fill us in on what happened from the point Emily tells Shria that she'll be seating them in the center of the room?  We figured she must be tricking them because of the look she got on her face immediately beforehand and because...well, she is Emily.  Did she have a waiter dump a punch bowl over Shria's head?  Did she just tell her off?  And what is this I've read in another post about the look on Richard's face?  Was that the very last scene in the show?  Did Rory have any input into this?

I told my boyfriend I'd e-mail him the transcript of the show today, but I don't think it's on line yet.  Will someone please let us know what happened?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 07:40:49 am by karls » Logged
gilmorefan4ever
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 01:26:35 pm »

I also think that Richard realized that he and Emily were wrong to interfier(did I spell that right?) and he realized that he was wrong. I don't know why everyone hates Logan, but I love him! I love his relationshep with Rory even though his family are so stuck up. I LOVE KIRK! I think that he's just soooo stupid that it's funny!!! I actually think that he's going to get married to Lulu. Last season didn't he move out of his mothers house cuz he was talking about asking his mother. I loved! when Emily was yelling @ Logan's mom. I watched that like a milion times and was laughing for a long time
Curry
Diner Owner

Community Points: 137

~ Daniela

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 12:30:52 am »

But I don’t think “no no, you can’t go out with me to another Lorelai thing.  Go do your own stuff” is the right response.  I think most mature people in a healthy relationship would say “Hey, would you like to take me camping?” or something to that effect.  In other words, they would either think “He’s doing all these things because he likes being with me.  The fact that I’m there is more important than exactly what we are doing.  Since I usually don’t do his type of activities, he hasn’t been doing them lately.  Maybe I should suggest we both do one of his activities, so that he’ll get to enjoy that AND get to hang out with me” or, more simply “He’s been a doing a lot of my stuff with me, I should do some of his stuff with him.”

I totally agree with you. Lorelai even went fishing with that Alex (?) guy in season 3 - and Luke sort of instructed her for that (her fishing outfit was hilarious  Grin ), so why won't she do this kind of stuff with her future husband? That's just part of a relationship. Luke really seems to be the giver here.

Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
bookfreak
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 03:03:27 am »

I just have a random observation about this episode. Did anyone else notice when Rory is talking to Logan on her cell phone as he walks down the hall (at Yale I think), he goes, "I got the PA system you wanted at the price you wanted." But when he says "PA system" and "price" he does a weird "gangster" thing with his hand. My sister and I noticed this at the exact same time and just thought it was funny/strange. (I looked for a screencap, but I could only find him walking regularly).

Need another good show? Watch Arrested Development on FOX! www.saveourbluths.com
chadwicked
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 10:38:42 am »

Ah, yes. Well, let me tell you this, Shira — we are just as good as you. You don't think Rory is good enough for your son? As if we don't know Logan's reputation? We do. But he is welcome in our home anytime, and you should extend the same courtesy to Rory.… Now, let's talk about "your" money. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville, when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know, but hats off to you for bagging him. He's still a playboy, you know. Well, of course you know. That would explain why your weight goes up and down 30 lbs. every other month, but that's your cross to bear. But these are ugly realities. No one needs to talk about them. Those kids are staying together as long as they like. You won't stop them. Now enjoy the event.
chadwicked
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 10:40:02 am »

i have to say i loved kirk in this episode. i thought he was sooooooooooooooo funny and every time i start to think about it i start to laugh out loud even if  am at class..

yeah he was really freaky in this episode though
SqueegeeBeckenheim
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 02:17:13 pm »

I hate how Richard and Emily miss the daughter they were supposed to have ( before she got pregnant) and the life she was supposed to have, that they're doing the things Lor was supposed to do when Lor was Rory's age.
It seems to me the more she is around her grandparents the more they manipulate her into a rich society...urrrrggg.
I understand that Richard and Emily love Rory and want to have the best life she can have but what about what Rory wants?? What ever happened to the smart, witty, loveable Rory?? Huh Where is she now??  ???Lost in a world of fancy and rich possestions, I guess.
I miss the old Rory. Undecided Cry
daddysgirl
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2005, 01:27:30 pm »

ive got to go take a shower but before i do. i want lorelie* and rori to get back together. i think they do want to, (see the feud- topic)

* srry bout spelling
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 08:12:00 am »

This episode was HILARIOUS

"Will they ever run out of glitter?"

It was especially awesome for me, becuase I had just performed Magic To Do at my summer workshop thinging, all my friends and I were on the phone singing it together after that!!

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: