6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 03:25:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475986 Posts in 1571 Topics by 111296 Members
Latest Member: ddujeuwi

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: 6.05 - We've Got Magic To Do  (Read 27296 times)
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2005, 10:49:34 am »

Rory (Alexis Bledel) does a fabulous job organizing a big DAR bash for Emily (Kelly Bishop). However, at the party, Richard (Edward Herrmann) confronts Logan's (Matt Czuchry) father, Mitchum Huntzberger (guest star Gregg Henry), about his opinion of Rory's journalistic talents, while Emily has an even uglier confrontation with Logan's mother, Shria (guest star Leann Hunley), over the romance between Rory and Logan. Meanwhile, after a small kitchen fire at the Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) needs Richard's help settling the insurance claim and uses the time spent with her father to needle him about the fact that he has been unable to get Rory to return to Yale. Though he's annoyed with Lorelai, Richard has to admit that Rory is not where she should be.

I'm not sure if I got the Thread Title format right, so feel free to fix it if you have the power Smiley

I'll need to rewatch the show before I can share all my overanalytical thoughts, but for now the thing that has lingered with me the most is the look on Richard's face at the end.

For a moment it looked like he was thinking "Mitchum is right, she doesn't have what it takes."† Then, since he was watching her act very DAR-y, it seemed like he was thinking "So this is her life now.† Because he crushed her and got her off track, this is what she'll be doing from now on."

However, my current belief is that his look of disappointment is directed at himself.† Partly for not believing Lor about Mitchum, but mostly for facilitating in Rory's off-track-ness.† Almost like "What have I done?"

Thoughts?
nikki Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 04:35:03 pm by nikki » Logged

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
TheHumanCoffeePot

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 12:20:25 pm »

I agree.  I think Richard finally realized that even though Rory was doing a good job with the D.A.R., she really didn't belong in it.  Or in the "rich" world at all.  He felt bad because Lorelai had been right about Mitchum, and then, on top of that, he realized that she had also been right: Rory is Lorelai and neither one of them belong in that world.  That's just my theory though.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
the4thlorelai
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 12:25:30 pm »

I also agree. Richard's face definately seemed like he was thinking that Rory doesn't belong in the "DAR" world, but instead, at Yale, doing things that a young adult would do, not hosting parties for 60 year old people.

I love Kirk!! He's just so....Kirk. His "dance" (i'm really not sure what to call it) was so funny. It's now my favorite Kirk moment! I watched that scene over and over again.

~*Lisa*~
.:JavaJunkie:.:Literati:.:Spree:.:Noddie:.
~*Sat and forever am at work here*~
TheHumanCoffeePot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 12:30:55 pm »

I love Kirk!! He's just so....Kirk. His "dance" (i'm really not sure what to call it) was so funny. It's now my favorite Kirk moment! I watched that scene over and over again.

Ok, we're officially sole mates.  I did the SAME thing!  And I love Kirk.  Every single scene he's in cracks me up.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
the4thlorelai
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 12:40:01 pm »

lol. the show just wouldn't be the same without kirk.

~*Lisa*~
.:JavaJunkie:.:Literati:.:Spree:.:Noddie:.
~*Sat and forever am at work here*~
Teria
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 01:31:34 pm »

I think its about time Lorelai and Rory "get back toghether"!
Besides that I felt Kirk's dance (and the music) was just ... very,very creepy...*shivers*. And what is going on with Kirk's very round belly, he almost look like he's pregnant!
TheHumanCoffeePot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 01:35:46 pm »

I know!  I love Kirk, but he is a very unattractive man.  Look at this nastiness:

beckilina
Town Resident

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 06:40:47 pm »

Lol, Kirk is so funny. He's always the on ewho makes me laugh. But my favourite part was when Mitchum told Richard because it looked like Richard wanted to pop him one and that would've been awesomebut know he's going to realize that Rory has to go to school and that Mitchum was just being a big jerk. Grr, I hate him. Angry

† Java Junkie
LaurenGraham
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 07:10:16 pm »

I agree with you and I think Richard will go to Lorelai but she will ignore the thought and just let Rory do what she wants to do.
Alissa
gilmorewannabe
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 10:49:06 am »

Okay, so I think I found a little screw up in this one.  Early in the episode Emily is worrying about Rory's ability to plan the event and Richard starts talking about her knowiing the state capitals at three and the periodic table at four etc.. . But don't we know that the grandparents weren't around Rory when she was very little?  In a deleted scene from season one, Emily goes to Stars Hollow to hang with Rory and she sees a picture of a small Rory dressed for Halloween and she asks how old Rory was when it was taken.  Let me know if I'm getting this wrong.

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS† † †  I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS [/size]
Java Junkies Rule
Teria
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 11:40:50 am »

ooh,what a delicious picture!  Shocked
I certainly know wich one of them I'd preferred , oh yeah! Cheesy
lukenlorelai4ever
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 11:55:40 am »

I think richard is a litte nervous to tell lorelai she was right because he has always denied her in the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capsicum
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 08:47:19 am »

Gilmorewannabe: From what I remember (it's been a while since I watched it) Lorelei and Rory did have a relationship with the grandparents all along, only it was a very cold one. When Lorelei visits her mother to ask for the money to send Rory to Chilton she is greeted with something like "is it christmas already?". The same, or something similar, is Rory's reaction when she is told they will be going to friday dinner (to secretly "pay" for the loan). So the grandparents will have met Rory all through her childhood, although sporadically, and the sort of knowledge like what she could recite when is something they would know whereas more intimate family stuff like what she wore on which halloween would be a blank.
Someone else probably has more detail than me, but I think the basics are right.  Smiley
(Sorry about any mistakes, english is not my first language)
whiffenpoof
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

Java Junkie- just keepin the F.A.I.T.H!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 12:16:00 pm »

HI! I AM A MAJOR GILMORE GIRLS FAN! i am only fifteen, but i consider myself to be an expert. i am kinda alone though, cuz none of my friends really watch it! i know its sad! so i found this forum so i could discuss things that i thought about the awesome Gilmore Girls! i would love to talk to you guys!

Made by lukesgirl!

THANK GOODNESS FOR SOOKIES BUT!

"Kissed by the Lord mama"- Lane Kim

"Oy with the poodles already!"

"As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, Iím totally flexible"

HAMBURGER HATER!!!!
gilmorewannabe
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 12:40:20 pm »

Thanks Capsicum....I remember what you're talking about now.

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS† † †  I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS [/size]
Java Junkies Rule
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: