6.06 - Welcome To The Dollhouse
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 04:56:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114259 Members
Latest Member: sharlenekq2

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.06 - Welcome To The Dollhouse
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: 6.06 - Welcome To The Dollhouse  (Read 48132 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 01:35:48 pm »

Ok.  This episode made me so unbelievably mad for several reasons.  First of all, I find that with all GG episodes (and really most other TV shows as well), you have the main plot of the episode, followed by one or two sub-plots.  This episode...I am trying with all my might to discern what was what, and it's proving very difficult.  After seeing an episode of your favorite show, you should not have to wonder to yourself "Was the main plot Rory's handbag or the name of the street?"  Yet here I am.

As we all know, I hate Logan.  That's just my personal opinion.  If you like him, fine, so be it.  But even the biggest Logan fan out there has to admit that the "I love you" scene was not very romantic.  It was actually awkward and weird and I got the vibe that Logan was like "Oh yeah I'm not sure if I love you, but I'm glad you love me!"

You know who's not saying I love you too much?  Luke.  And Lorelai.  To each other.  (I believe Lorelai mentioned the word "love" in either this episode or the last and my heart stopped for two full beats.)  Truthfully, Luke and Lorelai aren't doing much of anything lately.  I'm not saying I want them to fight every episode or say "Screw Rory! Let's plan the damn wedding" or even make out all the time.  Anything would be ok for me.  The tiniest littlest romantic tidbit on this earth would satisfy me until the next episode.  But no.  Absolutely no L/L interaction.

Damn Berkin bag.  When I first saw that bag, I thought to myself "Oh nice.  It's pink, it's cute, and apparently it's very expensive."  Now.  I hate it.  I hope that exact Berkin bag dies.  And every other Berkin bag ever.  This episode should be called "Rory's Berkin Bag".  Yep.  Or, if that's too much of a change, "Welcome to Rory's Berkin bag".  Because the thing is so huge that you, me, and our families could fit comfortably.  Grr.

And then there's the street names.  Sores and Boils Alley is not even funny.  At all.  Not remotely amusing.  And I don't understand why they had to spend twenty minutes on this plot: Oh yay let's change the street names- oh no we don't like our name- oh yay we can change it- oh no we don't like the choices we can change it to- oh yay Lorelai fixed it- oh no she didn't.  Well ladeeda.  Let me just get on a freaking see-saw and I can run circles around that in 10 seconds.

Gah.  I know this episode was supposed to be a filler, but I can't figure out what the filler is for.  Like...I know Richard had to talk to Lorelai, but I don't think this episode was necessary for that.  After his "look" while she was making her speech at the D.A.R thing in 6.05, I think it would have been completely plausible for him to go see Lorelai without any additonal persuasion.  All in all, just a really bad episode.  Angry

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
bookfreak
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 02:32:22 pm »

You know who's not saying I love you too much?  Luke.  And Lorelai.  To each other.  (I believe Lorelai mentioned the word "love" in either this episode or the last and my heart stopped for two full beats.)  Truthfully, Luke and Lorelai aren't doing much of anything lately.  I'm not saying I want them to fight every episode or say "Screw Rory! Let's plan the damn wedding" or even make out all the time.  Anything would be ok for me.  The tiniest littlest romantic tidbit on this earth would satisfy me until the next episode.  But no.  Absolutely no L/L interaction.

I completely agree. I feel like we've been "left out" of most of the good L/L moments (besides the proposal, of course). Lauren Graham said in an interview last season that she thought they had said I Love You sometime offscreen. Okay, fine, but then it would be nice for there to be some reference to that, even if it was just a "Love you" at the end of a conversation, and not a big deal anymore. I thought there would be some significance in the fact that Lorelai has never said ILY to any of the other guys but she would to Luke (especially before they got engaged). The other thing I think we missed was "the moment". At the end of the premiere, Luke walks in the house and says something like, "Moment's here! Let's go!" which I thought seemed oddly blatant anyway, then the next episode Lorelai is wearing the ring, without any other information about it.

This kind of got off the episode, but just some stuff I noticed.

Need another good show? Watch Arrested Development on FOX! www.saveourbluths.com
hello
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 02:50:02 pm »

In last episode rory got a Bergen or something bag from logan... what is it called... how do u spell it ... is it a real bag... any of these questions answered would be a big help!
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 02:54:15 pm »

I have NO IDEA! They like too make up their own styles,because they have too pay for the company name 2 b on tv.Like if Rory was drinking a coca-cola,the would have 2 pay the coke company 2 put their product on tv! So if it is real,I think it would be spelled Burgen! I thought it was funny the way that Emily freaked over that bag though! Cheesy

Vicks
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 02:58:21 pm »

It's spelled Birkin and yes it is a real bag. Birkin Bags are made by Hermes. They are very famous, very expensive bags.

FFF#3
B.A.D member

Patience, Grasshopper

Don't forget to vote at the GG T-shirt thread!
whiffenpoof
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

Java Junkie- just keepin the F.A.I.T.H!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 04:39:47 pm »

i agree, that episode was a complete waste of time. come to think of it i got so sick of hearing taylor rant and rave i almost changed it! but i contained myself thinking surely something will happen soon! nope. i was wrong. i think the writers are forgetting a couple of important people, LUKE AND LORELAI!!! hello?? cmon ,what ever happened to those two?? well there is always next week. or not , this season doesnt seem as funny or well written as the others! anybody else think so?

Made by lukesgirl!

THANK GOODNESS FOR SOOKIES BUT!

"Kissed by the Lord mama"- Lane Kim

"Oy with the poodles already!"

"As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I’m totally flexible"

HAMBURGER HATER!!!!
Adelemann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 05:31:26 pm »

My mom got a Birkin bag about 2 years ago. She had to wait 5 years for it. Here is some information:

Established in 1837 as a maker of fine saddles and harnesses, Hermès immediately gained a reputation for luxurious leathers and quality craftmanship. Almost 170 years later, Hermès is stronger than ever and opening in Dublin. After appearances in cult television shows such as 'Sex and the City' and 'Will & Grace', the Hermès Birkin bag has become the must have fashion accessory of the century! But getting your hands on one of these bags isn't the easiest of tasks, first you join a two year long waiting list, and then fork out a small fortune if you are lucky enough to ever make it to the top of the list!

Receint appearance: Gilmore Girls - Season 6
kris1067
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 05:53:26 pm »

i was just rewatching some of season 5, and i am curious, is jackson still selectman?  i feel very stupid for asking, but i can't remember if they showed anything about taylor becoming selectman again, or what...so if somebody who knows, could fill me in, i will be able to sleep better tonight.  thanks Smiley
alexhpfan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 07:01:26 pm »

Same here!  I was very dissapointed!  It was kind of a waste of an episode.

I agree, not the greatest episode. And that stupid promo!  Angry

I was expecting Emily to find condoms or Logan's underwear; anything shocking for a grandmother to find in her granddaughter's room. Stupid bag.

At least the next episode is written by Amy, yay! Grin

Marty$18
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2005, 10:49:56 pm »

I have NO IDEA! They like too make up their own styles,because they have too pay for the company name 2 b on tv.Like if Rory was drinking a coca-cola,the would have 2 pay the coke company 2 put their product on tv! So if it is real,I think it would be spelled Burgen! I thought it was funny the way that Emily freaked over that bag though! Cheesy

Are you kidding me? Companies pay TV shows to put their product on tv, not the other way around. It's a subversive form of advertising.

If you don't believe me, ask Lane "Pringles" Kim in ep. 422.

TheHumanCoffeePot

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 03:33:21 am »

i was just rewatching some of season 5, and i am curious, is jackson still selectman? i feel very stupid for asking, but i can't remember if they showed anything about taylor becoming selectman again, or what...so if somebody who knows, could fill me in, i will be able to sleep better tonight. thanks Smiley

We're thinking that was a blooper.  No one can really figure it out.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 06:55:22 pm by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
nikki

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2005, 10:24:54 am »

I feel like I always have these lingering over-analytical moments, but I can’t help myself.  Ok, when Richard mentioned how he had seen Lorelai at the Dragonfly, Emily gets very inquisitive about Lorelai.  I’m trying to figure out what we are supposed to take from that.

Are we supposed to get the impression that she is a concerned mother?  “Did she look too thin?” seems like the writers are trying to convey “I’m very concerned about the well-being of my daughter.”  But they way she pounced on Richard with these questions gives the impression that Lorelai is a long lost daughter that they haven’t been able to locate for decades.  In other words, Emily is behaving as if she has been doing nothing but worrying about Lorelai, but has had no way of checking up on her to address her own concerns until Richard ran into her.  Of course, we all know this is not the case.  Emily would know how see Lorelai if she truly were that concerned about her (and lord knows “Oh, but Lorelai is mad at me and won’t want to see me walk into the Dragonfly” wouldn’t stop her if she even had that thought).

So now I’m left believing that Emily is simply a gossip-monger without an ounce of maternal care (I used believe she had at least an ounce).  All of her questions are superficial.  How did she LOOK?  Was she THIN?  What was her HAIR like?  Nothing about her emotional status.  Was she upset/mad/sad/happy/uncomfortable to see you?  Is she still upset about Rory or has she calmed down?  None of that.

So the source of her questions isn’t concern.  It’s, “Someone else knows something I don’t.  Therefore I must know these things as well,” which is why she goes on her crusade to force an interaction with Lorelai so she can get newer and better information.  Hence, gossip-monger.

I’m not saying I’m surprised.  After all, the only reason she went to Luke to apologize about breaking them up was because she was jealous that Lorelai was speaking to Richard but not her.  She didn’t want to be shut out of the action, so she did that for herself, not Lorelai.

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2005, 08:07:52 pm »

Actually, they don'y have to pay the coke company, the coke company has to pay them....just to clear things up

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2005, 10:24:13 pm »

Gilmorelover-Thanks!

pensiongirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2005, 03:07:44 pm »

I'm a newbie to GG, I started watching the show during Season 5....I had to watch all the repeats from Season 1 to 4 because I just fell in love with this show. I love it that Lorelai and Luke are an item ... but, is it just me or, since Season 6 I find that they don't act like they love each other... this episode "Welcome To The Dollhouse", they kissed on the cheek, does anyone know if they won't last as a couple? I heard through the grapevine that they are not getting along off the set...wonder if that is true...can anyone enlighten me?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: