Food Glorious Food!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2015, 04:21:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476452 Posts in 1589 Topics by 19649 Members
Latest Member: RichardVesk

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  GilmoreGirls.org
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Food Glorious Food!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Food Glorious Food!  (Read 699 times)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 567

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:54:02 pm »

(Heidi I can still only create new boards here, please move to General)

I have searched and cannot find a food appreciation thread. How is this possible with the GG obsession with food!

I remember Lorelai putting dressing into a bag of lettuce so that she didn't have to clean any dishes Smiley

Or when they found the all you can eat place and were scared Luke would see their all you can eat glow.

Or how about when Rory introduced Emily to frozen pizza or Marty brought over leftovers from functions he worked on...

So much food yet we don't have a place to ponder our own food obsessions!

I don't know about you guys but tracking down good food is a big part of who I am today. I have a Pinterest board devoted to food, I have a few go to recipes that blow people's minds. I have a few dishes I could eat on almost a daily rotation and I have restaurants that I couldn't live without. Whilst I like the idea of somewhere we can humble brag about our food (I don't take selfies but I take lots of food pics, haha!) I would also like to kick it off with a 'getting to know your food habits' So here we go!!!

What are your three favourite dishes to cook?
What are your three favourite dishes to eat at a restaurant?
What have you tried that you will never eat again?
What could you eat every day and not get sick of?
Is there anything you are desperate to try?
What is a quirky/left of field dish you have tried?
If there was an apocalypse, what one ingredient would you miss the most?
Got a trick like Lorelai's salad bag that you are almost embarrassed to share?
You are home alone, noone can judge your dinner choice, what is it?
If it was you versus food, would food win?
What would you add to Luke's menu?
What would you want to see at a Friday Night Dinner?
What food are you allergic to?
What is your favourite movie night snack?
What are you having for dinner tonight?
If we all met up and had to bring a dish to the party what would you bring?

Thanks for playing Smiley

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 05:24:20 pm »

Well if noone else will take the bait, I will just star post then, haha!

What are your three favourite dishes to cook? Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls with Nuoc Cham/Moussaka/Chicken wings with hot sauce and blue cheese dressing
What are your three favourite dishes to eat at a restaurant? Dosas/Smoked Chicken Orecciette/Spicy Black Bean Soft Shell Crab
What have you tried that you will never eat again? Tempeh - it is so disgusting!!!!!!!!!
What could you eat every day and not get sick of? Dosas
Is there anything you are desperate to try? I would like to try a Heston Blumenthal dish Smiley
What is a quirky/left of field dish you have tried? I guess Bubble Tea is the quirkiest thing I have tried, that or Satay Frog
If there was an apocalypse, what one ingredient would you miss the most? Avocadoes...pretty sure they would be hard to come across in the apocalypse
Got a trick like Lorelai's salad bag that you are almost embarrassed to share? Not quite the same but I like chip/crisp sandwiches. BBQ flavour, lots of butter.
You are home alone, noone can judge your dinner choice, what is it? I get chips and gravy  Grin
If it was you versus food, would food win? Probably, I love my food but I just cant cram a lot in, I can eat fairly hot stuff though.
What would you add to Luke's menu? Fish Tacos (Dirty! but tasty! Haha)
What would you want to see at a Friday Night Dinner? Takeaway Indian Food, haha! Emily would die!!!!!!!!!!
What food are you allergic to? Dairy (but as you can see I eat it anyway sometimes. It gives me sinus problems.)
What is your favourite movie night snack? Salted Caramel Cream Puffs from Costco
What are you having for dinner tonight? Baked Meatballs and Cous Cous
If we all met up and had to bring a dish to the party what would you bring? Probably my Mexican Dip Platter as it is always popular

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 08:55:06 pm »

I just saw this one today. But I can't so this on my phone in the dark. So I will pester you and forgive my shorter posts.
So

What are dosas?

and there are Costco's down under?

Also I know we had a foodie ship thread but I am shocked there is no food one!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 09:01:37 pm »

Yeh there is the Sookie/Jackson thread and one of the games is food related but with all the food consumed on the show, no food thread!!!!!

So dosas were my discovery in Kuala Lumpur last year. They are a Southern Indian dish (most Indian restaurants in the western world are Northern Indian cuisine) and it is basically a thin lentil savoury pancake/crepe that you can either eat filled with a yummy masala curry or eat it with chutney like a dipping bread. Something about the flavour and the texture and the versatility just appeals to me.

As far as Costco goes, there has been one in Melbourne for a few years but one opened up about 20 minutes from where I live 18 months ago. We dont shop their very much, mainly when Jason has to cater a work gig but I am in love with the cream puffs!

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 04:53:30 am »

Are they the mini frozen cream puffs? Sams Club sells them too and I agree with you, I adore them.  In fact, I prefer them frozen so the cream tastes a little like ice cream.

A website that I LOVE for recipes is ourbestbites.com   You can't go wrong using one of their recipes and I also LOVE their writing style.  I usually agree with most of what Sara and Kate write exactly.  In fact they are even Gilmore Girl fans. Please check it out, many of my favorites are there. I prefer to bake verses cook, and recently I made salted caramel rice krispy treats from their site.  YUM!  They were a bit hit with the graduating seniors here.

It is summer here and we sure do enjoy making smoothies. They are usually just random frozen fruit thrown in, but a favorite of mine is pineapple spinach (which some vanilla protein powder) and some oats!  YUM!!!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 03:52:17 pm »

Their website is nice Smiley I like pretty websites with good food pics. It all looks nice and fresh!

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 08:32:30 pm »

I guess no-one else's life revolves around food as much as mine does  What

I just had a roast chicken salad with chipotle dressing for lunch. I have only recently discovered chipotle dressing and I like it!

I'm like the hungry little caterpillar though, I am STILL hungry! I had some lollies which is BAD so I am about to have some cucumber and honey-soy artichoke dip!

Eh! Mario!  Mario

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 11:30:04 am »

I have lived in my flat for just over a year now and I have only ordered take away two or three times.

Do you know what I fancy doing? Inviting my friends round and then ordering from all the places near me, and doing that thing the Gilmore's do when Rory starts college. Rate the food, the time it took to be delivered, the delivery person...Could combine it with a GG marathon.

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
LoveTheGilmorisms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:30 pm »

I don't know about you guys but tracking down good food is a big part of who I am today. I have a Pinterest board devoted to food, I have a few go to recipes that blow people's minds. I have a few dishes I could eat on almost a daily rotation and I have restaurants that I couldn't live without. Whilst I like the idea of somewhere we can humble brag about our food (I don't take selfies but I take lots of food pics, haha!) I would also like to kick it off with a 'getting to know your food habits' So here we go!!!

This sounds like fun!
(Just to clarify I'm vegan so my answers reflect that)Smiley

What are your three favourite dishes to cook?
Anything that I can be creative with & doesn't require too much effort. I love (vegan) pizzas, pastas and sushi

What are your three favourite dishes to eat at a restaurant?
That's hard! but my fave cuisine's are Italian and Mexican.

What have you tried that you will never eat again?
Well I hated sushi at first, but now I like it, just not too much because the seaweed tastes fishy, ew.

What could you eat every day and not get sick of?
Fruit smoothies & vegan pizzas! (just not combined... Tongue)

Is there anything you are desperate to try?
Exotic fruits.

What is a quirky/left of field dish you have tried?
I don't really understand this question

If there was an apocalypse, what one ingredient would you miss the most?
Well, if there was an apocalypse I'd be prepared & stock up on canned foods, & I'd get bored of canned food & miss fresh produce.

Got a trick like Lorelai's salad bag that you are almost embarrassed to share?
Lorelai's trick is ingenious. Hmmm I probably have lots, but I can't think of one right now haha

You are home alone, noone can judge your dinner choice, what is it?
Probably no different if I wasn't alone, except I'd act like a tv chef whilst making it, just for fun.

If it was you versus food, would food win?
More of something IN food... salt. Hi my names LoveTheGilmorisms and I'm a salt addict.

What would you add to Luke's menu?
Creative vegan options, otherwise I'd be stuck with boring salads. In the wise words of Luke Danes "Red meat can kill you, Enjoy!"

What would you want to see at a Friday Night Dinner?
More meals that L & R eat regularly. Like in season 2, Emily organizes beefaroni & twinkies to celebrate Rory being top at Chilton.

What food are you allergic to?
Gross food.

What is your favourite movie night snack?
When I'm hungry, the "Kiss & Tell" ep is like torture, seeing that table FULL of junk food, seriously though, was that real? Did they feed it to the cast/crew after filming?

What are you having for dinner tonight?
Peppers, mushrooms, celery, tomatoes, meat-free schnitzel salad.

If we all met up and had to bring a dish to the party what would you bring?
Vegan deliciousness Wink

Thanks for playing Smiley
Thanks for creating.

B xxx

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: