GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 26, 2022, 04:23:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How many times a year should the awards be?  (Voting closed: November 09, 2006, 05:39:24 pm)
Once - 22 (36.7%)
Twice - 34 (56.7%)
I don't care - 4 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66
  Print  
Author Topic: GilmoreGirls.org Awards - Questions and Voting  (Read 244363 times)
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 23, 2007, 04:13:45 pm »

hahaha nice! lol  well maybe not the animal one. lol  But I like the others...you probably didn't see because I updated my previous post the same time as you posted...but what do you think of the ideas on the bottom?

15. Most Sarcastic Member
16. Most Unique Member
17. Most Random member  (lol I have a possibility at that one...though i'm probably not on enough anymore for people to know that)

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
ilovegilmore101
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #946 on: May 23, 2007, 04:27:20 pm »

It also be very funny and gilmore like if we had a catagory for

-most likely to try and quote gilmore girls all day ( i definatly have)
-worst speller
-most likely to run a dance marathon or something like that just beacuse it was on gilmore girls
- person whos uses most acronyms
- person who appears to dress like the gilmores
-person whos pretty much going crazy (me)((lol))
- most likely to randomly quote gg during an awkward moment
- most likely to make peace on a board

Will you be my Edward Cullen??

^ made by mel. Pleased]

Dream Team For President!!

~October 5, 2000-May 15, 2007~
~March 10, 1997- May 19, 2003~
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #947 on: May 24, 2007, 08:49:09 am »

I'm no good at coming up with new ones, so I guess you'll just have to settle for my commentary.  Wink

Here is what I think we have so far, please let me know which ones i'm forgetting and keep coming up with more ideas! Cheesy
1. Best Use of Refrences
2. Best Sig Creator
3. Best Newbie (joined March 15th to present)
4. Most Generous member
?5. Dirtest Member
6. Most Helpful Member
7. Mr/Miss Congeniality
8. Funniest Member
9. All Around Best Member
10. Most like a character (fill in which one when you nomonate the person)
11. Most likely to search for a town like Stars Hollow
12. Most Valuable Member
13. Biggest forgotten characters fan award (anyone becides Lorelai, Luke, Rory, Logan, Jess, Dean, Emily, Richard, Sookie, Chris)
14. Most concstant use of GG quotes
16. Most Unique Member
17. Most Random member

I love all those categories!  They all sound fantastic. 

oh, and here are some we used last year that I like, any thoughts abuot keeping them or not?:
Most Knowledgeable Gilmore fan
Mom of the Bords
member who contributed the most to the org
most optomistic
best graphics

I definitely think those sound like good ones to keep.  Smiley 

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 24, 2007, 11:51:00 am »

haha Sharon, thanks for the commentary! Smiley

We should probably get Melissa (MasBYUgal) here because she's the one who is going to make the sig awards --> she did an amazing job w/ hers last year.  So she needs you voice her oppinion so we know which ones she wouldn't be able to make into sigs, and therefore we won't do them.

Keep up ideas! Cheesy

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 25, 2007, 01:05:14 pm »

Orrr... how about categories like...

most random member
most opinionated
most known

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 25, 2007, 02:52:03 pm »

lol, yea, I like...though we did add Most random, lol
most opinionated is good if others agree.... i don't know if most known would work too good though, lol heidi should win that one though because everyone should know her because its her sight

playful? happiest?

LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #951 on: May 25, 2007, 03:01:17 pm »

Hmm...Happiest Member might be a little too close to Most Optimistic Member (if we chose to keep it) but I like the idea of Most Playful Member.  Cheesy  I also like Most Opinionated.  Most Known is obvious:  Heidi!  It is her site, after all.  Smiley

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
Lorelailovr1043
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 187

Lorelai & Paul Anka...pets can be comforting!

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 25, 2007, 03:34:27 pm »

I would love to be nominated for Biggest Lorelai fan!! I absolutely adore her and hope to grow up and become a mom just like her one day. I also want to name my little girl (when I have one) Lorelai. If anyone would like to ask me any questions about why they think I deserve this award, please feel free to send me a PM or send me an e-mail. Thanks! Wink

~Java Junkie~Headliner~Foodie~Part Literati

Thanks for making this for me Lucie!

I love to give pretty sticks for funny or random posts...or just something that I liked!
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 25, 2007, 03:39:47 pm »

I would love to be nominated for Biggest Lorelai fan!! I absolutely adore her and hope to grow up and become a mom just like her one day. I also want to name my little girl (when I have one) Lorelai. If anyone would like to ask me any questions about why they think I deserve this award, please feel free to send me a PM or send me an e-mail. Thanks! Wink
I'm sorry, but we are not having the different character awards, because a number of us feel the same way, especally about Lauren (and others).  But if you want to contribute ideas for other awards that would be awesome Smiley

okay, so here's what I think we have so far:

1. Best Use of Refrences
2. Best Sig Creator
3. Best Newbie (joined March 15th to present)
4. Most Generous member
?5. Dirtiest Member
6. Most Helpful Member
7. Mr/Miss Congeniality
8. Funniest Member
9. All Around Best Member
12. Most Valuable Member
13. Biggest forgotten characters fan award (anyone becides Lorelai, Luke, Rory, Logan, Jess, Dean, Emily, Richard, Sookie, Chris)
16. Most Unique Member
17. Most Random member
18. Most Playful
19. most opinionated
?20. Loudest Member
?21.Most Knowledgeable Gilmore fan
?22.Mom of the Bords
?23.member who contributed the most to the org
?24.most optomistic
?25.best graphics

So I think those are the ones so far....am I missing any?

and please say yes or no to the ones with question marks Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 03:52:50 pm by mela489 » Logged

UmustBe
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 25, 2007, 03:54:16 pm »

most hyper member

ELIZABETH ♥
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 25, 2007, 04:18:05 pm »

FIRST OF ALL, THANKS TO MELA and all of her hard work already in this process.  Let me go through my comments on some of the categories and I apologize if I missed some of the previous discussions about the awards. 

(I'm going to go thru and edit or ask about the ones I have questions/comments for.)

okay, so here's what I think we have so far:

1. Best Use of Refrences
Do you mean ... References?  (Have I mentioned how much I love spell check on my browser!)

?5. Dirtiest Member
Sounds great to me ... maybe we want to phrase it like - can call the most Dirtys!  Or something a bit more creative!

7. Mr/Miss Congeniality
Would this be for both a gal and a guy?  If so it should 2 categories ... to avoid any confusion.

A little confused here, please explain?!

Huh  Do you mean most likely to LIVE in a Town like Stars Hollow?

13. Biggest forgotten characters fan award (anyone beSides Lorelai, Luke, Rory, Logan, Jess, Dean, Emily, Richard, Sookie, Chris)
So do you mean, biggest Townie fan?  How do you vote, the person and their favorite lessor character?    Huh

You mean constant, right?  What is the difference between this award and #1?  They seem very much the same to me!

I understand the thought of this, but I don't know if it would be the nicest award to give out...this could fit along the lines of the 'dirty award in my book.  I guess I'd like to see some more explanation behind the thought process of this, sarcasm is hard to understand online and I just wouldn't want to offend anyone. 

?20. Loudest Member
See above comments...to proposed #15.

?21.Most Knowledgeable Gilmore fan
Sounds good to me, I LIKE it!

?22.Mom of the Bords
Mom of the BOARDS, right?  Or we could say mom of the Org?  I like it... Grin

Well don't we already have # 4 - Most Generous Member --  then #6 Most Helpful Member -- then #9 All around Best Member --  #12 Most Valuable Member --   ??  I guess I'm confused at what would be the difference between all of these is?  I know we have good people and we want to give all a chance, I just guess I'd like to know the qualifications for each, if that makes sense!

?24.most optomistic
Love it, but it's optimistic  Cheesy

?25.best graphics
Sounds good to me!   Cool

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 25, 2007, 09:03:47 pm »

haha why thank you very much for your comments Melissa!  lol  I appoligize for my spelling (which that word is probably spelled wrong too....I do not have a spell check in the org, and I'm awful.  I do try, but when my friends "make fun of my spelling" they really aren't because its completly true i'm like the worst speller ever...maybe someday it will change (I hope).)

well...now that i completly got off topic. haha.  I'll explain the things you had questions on.

?5. Dirtiest Member
Sounds great to me ... maybe we want to phrase it like - can call the most Dirtys! Or something a bit more creative!
yea, creative is always good...I guess we'll have to work on that one....maybe "Most often to call a 'Dirty'! award?? any thoughts?

7. Mr/Miss Congeniality
Would this be for both a gal and a guy? If so it should 2 categories ... to avoid any confusion.
Sorry, yes, it is one for Mr and one for Miss....I mean we can't leave out wonderful guy's out now can we. Wink

A little confused here, please explain?!

Huh Do you mean most likely to LIVE in a Town like Stars Hollow?
well this is how I interprited it:  the person who is most likely to search the whole US for a town just like Stars Hollow.....we can take it out if it'd bring too much confusion, because its not a very easy award to give.

13. Biggest forgotten characters fan award (anyone beSides Lorelai, Luke, Rory, Logan, Jess, Dean, Emily, Richard, Sookie, Chris)
So do you mean, biggest Townie fan? How do you vote, the person and their favorite lessor character? Huh
well it is not necessarily townies...like Doyal, or Madaline and Louise....what the person would do is nomonate a person and put the character they are nomonating that person for.

You mean constant, right? What is the difference between this award and #1? They seem very much the same to me!
hahaha...yea, my bad, sorry.  They are basically identical, I wonder why no one else has pointed this out before.

I understand the thought of this, but I don't know if it would be the nicest award to give out...this could fit along the lines of the 'dirty award in my book. I guess I'd like to see some more explanation behind the thought process of this, sarcasm is hard to understand online and I just wouldn't want to offend anyone.
would anyone be heart broken if I just took this one out?

Well don't we already have # 4 - Most Generous Member -- then #6 Most Helpful Member -- then #9 All around Best Member -- #12 Most Valuable Member -- ?? I guess I'm confused at what would be the difference between all of these is? I know we have good people and we want to give all a chance, I just guess I'd like to know the qualifications for each, if that makes sense!
humm, I'd say take out #4, Most Generous Member because that is sort of hard to tell online and there are better ones than that.  There is a difference between 23 and 9.  I am not sure of 12 though.  anyone else's insights?

THANKS! Smiley

Lorelailovr1043
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 187

Lorelai & Paul Anka...pets can be comforting!

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 26, 2007, 11:54:43 am »

I think that you should def keep most #21.....i'll get back to you on the others later!!

~Java Junkie~Headliner~Foodie~Part Literati

Thanks for making this for me Lucie!

I love to give pretty sticks for funny or random posts...or just something that I liked!
UmustBe
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 29, 2007, 05:34:00 pm »

Most liekly to search for a town Stars Hollow?? Im confused as well. Plezz explain Smiley If its not too much.. do you mean
most likely to live in a town like stars hollow?

Or how about these??

Member who is most remembered even though they come on very little (you culd rephrase it)
Member who is most active
Most creative
most crazy??

ELIZABETH ♥
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 29, 2007, 06:09:00 pm »

I think i'm going to take out the one about the town because you and Melissa already asked the same question (and thought the same about the living in the town) so if the whole org is going to be doing this, it would probably just be less confusing if we just took it out.

i don't think crazy would be a kind one to do. haha  though i think it would be funny
most creative I like...is there another one like it?
i like the 1st one too ...maybe: most remembered for smallest amount of posts

well other thoughts?  what happened to everyone. haha you were all itching to do it 3 months ago, and now its time to post oppinons to catigories mentioned and add new catigories and very little responce Sad  haha I completly understand being busy. Smiley Hearts

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66
  Print  

Jump to: