Narcoleptics (Rory and Dean) - "I love you, you idiot!"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 03:48:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476537 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Narcoleptics (Rory and Dean) - "I love you, you idiot!"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Narcoleptics (Rory and Dean) - "I love you, you idiot!"  (Read 75812 times)
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2006, 09:19:17 pm »

omg like i love that signature!!!!.. and do you remenber last season when rory had 2 go see the conselor Huh... and she started crying and then she started talking about dean 4 like a minute.. then the conslor started talking?Huh..

totally fate!

i love that episode!! it was so cute!! and RORY AND DEAN FORVER!!!

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2006, 09:21:08 pm »

huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is my favorite thread!!! rory and dean 4ever
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2006, 08:00:56 pm »

huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is my favorite thread!!! rory and dean 4ever

ya i know!!! i love dean and rory...the cutest couple ever(becides L&L and Leo and Piper,charmed)

gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2006, 07:46:54 am »

luke should go get dean.. then he and dean should go get there gilmore girls back !~!~!

*remenber when dean told luke (at the end of the 5th season) that lorelia wants more than this ?!? and all that other stuff
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2006, 08:29:42 am »

luke should go get dean.. then he and dean should go get there gilmore girls back !~!~!

*remenber when dean told luke (at the end of the 5th season) that lorelia wants more than this ?!? and all that other stuff

ya i remember that...and i agree with u...

gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2006, 12:26:33 pm »

lol.. yes !~!~!~!
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2006, 01:00:16 am »

Ahhh... Luke and Lorelai together and Rory and Dean together that would be perfect! *Sigh* thats the way I think it should be always!

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2006, 03:28:54 pm »

Ahhh... Luke and Lorelai together and Rory and Dean together that would be perfect! *Sigh* thats the way I think it should be always!

yes.. that double date they did was perfect (except for dean and luke trying 2 kill each other.. lol)
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2006, 01:39:55 pm »

yes.. that double date they did was perfect (except for dean and luke trying 2 kill each other.. lol)

ya i know...but that is what made it so funny...the perfect world is haveing dean and rory and luke and lorelai...*sighs*...

gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2006, 06:57:40 am »

it will still happen tho !~!!~
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2006, 04:09:16 pm »

Mabey one day who knows.  That would be nice

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
gilmore_grl_4_ever
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2006, 06:25:28 pm »

that would be very nice !~!!~!!
ehcanadian
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2006, 02:54:53 pm »

I loved Dean in the first and second, and even third, seasons. I loved the way he acted around Rory, and appreciated her for who she really was. (And the whole Tristan/Dean almost-kinda fight in 'Rory's Dance' when he said "Because I'll kill you, idiot." and kind of said 'idiot' in a weird way made me laugh unbelievably hard.)
You could tell he cared about his family, and about Rory from the way he talked about them/her.

But yeah, back to the point, Logan just doesn't really appreciate who Rory is. He calls her 'ace' (which annoys the heck out of me. Anyone agree with me here?), he slept around on her when they were "broken up", and he's not a great guy to begin with. He confused her (dare I say conned her?) into going out with him, when they fought about the whole 'group date'/'single date' thing, in my opinion.

Jess was okay, until he left her without saying goodbye. And then he didn't send or call her (well, he did, but he didn't talk. You guys get where I'm going with this, right?) the rest of the time. He just disappeared. That's what really ticked me. Rory threw her love with Dean away just so she could be with Jess, and then Jess leaves her, like she's nothing. AARGH. Most disappointing moment of the season, when Dean broke up with Rory at the dance-a-thon.

Though I gotta admit, Rory and Dean dating near the end of the fourth season/beginning of the fifth was just a trip down memory lane. Some things had changed, others hadn't. It was bittersweet in a way that's hard to explain.

SO TRUE.

Lorelai: I need you, Dean. The team needs you.
Dean: What team?
Lorelai: Pick a team - it needs you.

Lorelai: Hey, if that's a crack at my housekeeping skills... well then, okay.
DeanRoryFTW
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2007, 08:41:52 am »

I thought the relationship between Dean and Rory was the best, closest to a fairytale. The new guy taking notice upon the shy, smart, and cute girl in episode 1 was just so sweet. Dean treated her the best, and should've gotten better treatment back. Rory under-appreciated Dean and took his feelings for granted. He really tried hard to give Rory his devotion and Rory shrugged it off way too much. It was really nice and selfless of him to build his own gifts for Rory (especially the car), showing that he put so much time into his efforts. All of their moments in season 1 were so magical.

It was so tragic at the episode where Dean goes to pick up Rory at the party and realizes that he didn't fit into Rory's new "rich" life. Dean so deserves better than what he got from Rory. Their relationship and Rory starting to ignore Dean for Jess was a classic example of the "nice guys finish last" theme. I was so angry when they broke-up, it made it seem like Rory was becoming more materialistic and shallow with her new high-status life. In the end, Rory became too high-maintenance for Dean Sad. I think their directions in life are too far apart and their situation is beyond repair at this point. The only possible way for them to get back together would be for Rory to see what she has become (From the homely, down-to-earth, shy girl to a priveleged, wealthy girl).

Reminds me of that song:
"I don't know what he does to make you cry
But I'll be there to make you smile
I don't have a fancy car
To get to you I'd walk a thousand miles
I don't care if he buys you nice things
Does his gifts come from the heart?
I don't know...
But if you were my girl
I'd make it so we'd never be apart

But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don't think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you...
But love is all I have to give (give..)"

But yes, I am a narcoleptic and Dean fan also, nice to see that I'm not the only one. The only seasons I ever rewatched were 1-3.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:06:06 am by DeanRoryFTW » Logged
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2007, 04:54:17 pm »

yay! i have finally found the dean appreciation!! i <3 dean! he was so nice and kind to rory. I love how he would always put up with rory and lorelai's quirks and watch movies with them. I think he's the only one who really got to know and understand our beautiful gilmore girls (the advice he gave max in season 2 proves it). I was so sad when he left! He belongs on gg more than supernatural (sorry to all supernatrual fans out there!  Wink)

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: