Paris's Boyfriends Discussion
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2018, 06:25:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476538 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Relationship Threads
| | | |-+  Paris's Boyfriends Discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Paris's Boyfriends Discussion  (Read 36608 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2007, 01:05:57 pm »

Yeah, and i am remembering that i was surprised when they said the "v" word on prime-time television. Well, nothing should surprise me anymore, but that did. Of course when Paris says it, it sounds funny.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2007, 05:23:15 pm »

Paris has an interesting taste of guys. Every guy is different from the other. I think It is a reflex of her growth. Jamie first came as the perfect guy but also a classic choice; the romantic, good looking, college student kind of guy. He was a decent guy. It was only natural for Paris to be attracted to a guy like that at a time she wasn't sure of herself. He built her confidence and that was the purpose of his character. Then Paris moved on. This time her choice wasn't as typical. This time the guy wasn't young or romantic or even good looking. Asher was very old and had so many rumors around him as a " playboy" but all that didn't bother her. She had built a stability that made her not care about what people say. She was drown to a genius man. Someone who was an inspiration to her. I think there was no equality here only because personally I think you shouldn't be with someone you idolize. It just doesn't seem right and it doesn't seem "love". But again she was still growing.
Doyel came as a special one for Paris. The mystery of why she loves him is still unsolved but he is a great match. I like them as a couple.. they get along in a beautiful way, they seem to understand and complete one other. Paris is a strong person. She is hard to deal with but underneath she has a sensitive and beautiful heart ( hard to see that but she really does). I think Doyel sees that and loves it. I like how when they were seperated for a short while in season 6, both were having a hard time. They missed each other so much. Now that is normal for most people but to actually see Paris cares so much about someone is touching.

Back to Jamie, I think I have mentioned before that Jamie and Dean are so much alike. Both were portrayed as  great guys , both were there to build a sense of confidence, both were treated in a lousy way. When Rory was complaining to Lorelai about how lousy Paris treated Jamie, Lorelai answered " Let's not forget Dean!". Needless to say I'm talking about the unmarried Dean.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2007, 08:25:50 am »

Paris' relationship with Asher fit her well because he is someone who was genuinely talented and successful, fully established in his career and thus able to meet her standards at that point of her development. As for Doyle, she was able to have it both ways: She was genuinely loving towards him and respected him, but she was also the Alpha in their relationship. For all her affection for him, she was in charge and he was fine with that. He accepted her just as she was and she was wise to hang onto him; how many guys would be willing to put up with her demanding personality?

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 12:42:25 am »

Paris' relationship with Asher fit her well because he is someone who was genuinely talented and successful, fully established in his career and thus able to meet her standards at that point of her development. As for Doyle, she was able to have it both ways: She was genuinely loving towards him and respected him, but she was also the Alpha in their relationship. For all her affection for him, she was in charge and he was fine with that. He accepted her just as she was and she was wise to hang onto him; how many guys would be willing to put up with her demanding personality?

I think Doyle can complain about how demanding she is or do things to make her less angry or scary but he doesn't. He seem to go with the flow, love her as she is and doesn't want to change her. To give you a clearer picture, when Rory became the editor, Paris went crazy (crazier) and buged him all the time and didn't even allow him to sleep. When his savior came and Rory told him she was thinking of giving Paris some important piece to write, he advised her not to and let Paris calm on her own. Now if he said yes then he could have had some peace but he didn't.
He doesn't just  do things to be in a better place, he seems to have beliefs to stick with no matter what.You've got to respect that!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 12:47:06 am by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2007, 07:49:20 am »

I think Doyle can complain about how demanding she is or do things to make her less angry or scary but he doesn't. He seem to go with the flow, love her as she is and doesn't want to change her. To give you a clearer picture, when Rory became the editor, Paris went crazy (crazier) and buged him all the time and didn't even allow him to sleep. When his savior came and Rory told him she was thinking of giving Paris some important piece to write, he advised her not to and let Paris calm on her own. Now if he said yes then he could have had some peace but he didn't. He doesn't just  do things to be in a better place, he seems to have beliefs to stick with no matter what.You've got to respect that!

I did not mean to imply that Doyle is at Paris’ beck & whim. As I said, she respects him and for good reason. He will hold his own ground when push comes to shove. I don’t think she could truly love him as a partner otherwise. But for Doyle it is a delicate balance, because he has to deal with Paris being…. Paris. She is someone who is naturally domineering and he can reign her in, but only so much. Paris is lucky to have a guy who can be his own man but also put up with her “Paris behavior”.

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2007, 07:15:20 pm »

I did not mean to imply that Doyle is at Paris’ beck & whim. As I said, she respects him and for good reason. He will hold his own ground when push comes to shove. I don’t think she could truly love him as a partner otherwise. But for Doyle it is a delicate balance, because he has to deal with Paris being…. Paris. She is someone who is naturally domineering and he can reign her in, but only so much. Paris is lucky to have a guy who can be his own man but also put up with her “Paris behavior”.

I like what you said that Paris needs to respect someone to truly fall in love! Another thing to appreciate about Paris. Sure Paris can be domineering but she is also nice. You just have to know how to bring out that part of her.

I like how she once said she has to take care of herself first then Doyle then Rory, in that order! Wink I think Paris is one of the best stand-out characters and Doyle is the lucky one to have her. Cool

The more I talk about Paris the more I like her. I really need to stop!

Literati147
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 10:57:31 pm »

Yeah, I too actually really like Paris, and when she's acting like a crazy person, I tend to feel bad for her.  I love her with Doyle.  I think he was absolutely great for her, and I think she was good for him too.  They're just an unbelievably cute couple.
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2007, 01:40:55 pm »

Yeah, I too actually really like Paris, and when she's acting like a crazy person, I tend to feel bad for her.  I love her with Doyle.  I think he was absolutely great for her, and I think she was good for him too.  They're just an unbelievably cute couple.

I feel the exact opposite! When she acts like a crazy person, i love her. She is an amazingly unique character! Beautiful, talented, bright and stubborn. She is unofficial Gilmore Girl!

Talking about the cute couple:
Paris: Last year i was sleeping with the editor.
Doyle: This year i am.
 Cool

I think they share about the same amount of craziness.

gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2008, 06:09:59 pm »

Doyle and Paris r perfect 4 each other! When i saw paris kissing asher, i nearly therw up! Tongue Sick

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008, 05:42:28 pm »

OMG!!!!  SERIOUSLY GUYS!!!!!  Read Virtual Gilmore Girls:  9.06-It's All About the Timing.  Paris and Doyle are getting married and Rory is the maid of honor.  And there's even more bigger news for the Java Junkies!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: