GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 09:51:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yale Daily News  (Read 41449 times)
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2006, 02:38:24 pm »

Enunciating and talking fast has been easy for me for as long as I can remember really.  Probably because I started acting so early and got good stage training right away.
What I did have to learn for the show was exactly HOW fast they actually wanted it.  I thought I read the scene pretty fast when I first auditioned a few years ago, but I must've been a bit off.

That's so weird, that had never come to my mind before. If you think about it, all the charcters have about the same WPM (a funny reference to the show).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 05:07:10 pm by Marian... » Logged

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
sindre89
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2006, 04:36:36 pm »

I also found the interwiev interesting!

It is funny to read about a man who graduated from Yale and now plays a person in the same school;)
I hope Heidi can get some more comments or interwievs!!

Thanks

Gilmore Girls most go on forever!
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 07:01:45 pm »

Devon:  I thought of another question dealing with the set.  We all know that it's in Lorelai & Rory's character to be drinking coffee constantly, but what is really in the mugs from Lukes?  I'm guessing whatever drink they feel like...but maybe that is coffee.  Do you have any ideas? 

And again, thanks so much for your time!  I hope you're over the sickness that was bothering you last time!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2006, 02:34:06 am »

Hey I have a question hopes thats ok.  I was wondering what is Alexis like to work with? Sorry if its not a very good question and also whats it like working with Liza Weil? I think they are really great actress in fact I think the whole cast is great but I have always wondered what they are really like.

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
JusTcaLLmeRedhEad
Diner Owner

Community Points: 15

KeeP iT cOminG. (:

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2006, 05:03:02 pm »

i think its pretty darn cool that we have our very own GG cast mate with us!! i am totally with  MasBYUgal wondering whats really in the mugs?? btw..i think the YDN scenes are really fun. i have no interest in journalism what so ever..but watching the YDN scenes actually makes me want to go out and join a paper staff!!

roRy:: yOu LooK nIce kiRk. KirK:: thAnKs..thIs iS the sUit theY buRRieD my Dad in.

kIrk:: i'm sO daMn LonELy tHat noT evEn aNimaL pLanEt doEs it fOr mE anYmoRe.

kiRK faN fOr LiFe [:
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2006, 09:58:16 pm »

To be honest, I'm not really sure.  It may vary.  My guess would be that if the liquid doesn't appear in the shot, there's probably nothing in the cup at all.  That way there's one less thing that can go wrong on a take (e.g. a spill or a choke).
There's plenty of water, coffee, etc. all over the set in containers that aren't props.  I know I usually have a bottle of water hiding underneath my desk or something.
... Feeling much better, thanks!

Devon:  I thought of another question dealing with the set.  We all know that it's in Lorelai & Rory's character to be drinking coffee constantly, but what is really in the mugs from Lukes?  I'm guessing whatever drink they feel like...but maybe that is coffee.  Do you have any ideas? 

And again, thanks so much for your time!  I hope you're over the sickness that was bothering you last time!
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2006, 10:26:08 pm »

Both Alexis and Liza are great to work with.  They've been at this a while so they've really got their routine down.
As for "what they are really like," that's more difficult to answer.  I mean, I've only worked with them a handful of times.  And there's a lot going on during a shoot:  lines to learn, wardrobe to change, the crew doing their thing...  So the overall amount of time we've spent talking is probably less than you'd imagine.  Liza and I had more of a chance to really talk because our trailers were right next to each other and we were hanging out in the alley there for a while with nothing to do but chat.  She's very cool.  Very smart.  In general, the small talk with Alexis has been nice, but she tends to keep to herself a bit more.  Nice though.  I do remember one of the first things we spoke about was Fiona Apple because I absolutely love her latest CD and I had been quoting it and recommending it a lot around the time of my first day there.

Hey I have a question hopes thats ok.  I was wondering what is Alexis like to work with? Sorry if its not a very good question and also whats it like working with Liza Weil? I think they are really great actress in fact I think the whole cast is great but I have always wondered what they are really like.
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2006, 01:42:15 am »

Thanks for answering my question much appreciated.  I love Fiona Apple too! she totally rocks!

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
asdf
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2006, 06:55:57 pm »

uum.
heyy "uncle" devon..

im alex.. Jodi and Charles's neise

=]

i read ur interview.

i love how im posting this publically
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 08:00:54 pm »

Thanks so much!  I'm sure b4 long we'll have you peppered with many more questions!  What's keeping you busy this summer?  Any new acting projects?

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Nene
Diner Regular

Community Points: 39

Vina Morales as Elvira Aragoncillo Alicante

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 02:50:34 pm »

Hi there.
I'm Devon Michaels, the actor who plays Bill at the paper.
Thought I'd check out these boards and see what people thought about the new Yale Daily News stuff.
Was happy to see this thread. Thanks for the kind words.
If you have any other feedback, please let me know. I'd love to hear it.
Very excited to be on this great show...

Hi Devon!!!! I LOVE the episode when Paris was firing everyone. So funny!

P.S. Hey Devon, maybe Lauren could come by?

.:~*Susan*:.
Visit my blog!
TWIG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2006, 12:31:44 pm »

Maybe it's just me but it seems so surreal to me to have communication with an actual actor on our favourite show, thank you so much Devon. I have watched the show since the beginning, it's a great show, and I must say, to read Devon's posts on the message board really resonates the fact that it is a job for some people, and believe it or not, I am really happy about that. It's like, for me, when I buy something and I realize that I was truly ripped off, I paid far too much, I take consolation in the fact that it is someone's job and they made money at my expense. Well, we all watch and love GG and thus Devon, and everyone else on the show, have great jobs, and I hope, are getting paid well for their contributions to the show. That's my soapbox for the day.
tRaLc
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2006, 03:38:36 am »

Yeah I like the Yale Daily News team too. I dunno about there own show but its cool to have a group like that on GG. We don't know too much about most of the characters which in some ways sucks but unfortunetly we aren't the writers. Otherwise I would give them all a little more of a role.

Ya it sounds cool where can I get it ? Huh
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2006, 10:16:56 am »

i like the yale daily news but i think it is a bit weird that the ditors are all main characters, cause that is unrealistic,

first doyle, then paris, then rory, who next? logan?

it just makes no sense, well i guess paris and rory devoted quite much time to the paper and doyle ..well he is intelligent too,
but they are all, also the others

well that does not make a great dealof sense, sorry

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
runningsb05
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 4

Life's short. Talk fast. :]

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2006, 12:48:15 pm »

This thread is for talking about the both good and bad effects Yale has had on Rory, educationally, mentally, romantically, ect.

If Rory never went to Yale and went to Harvard instead, she might not have met Logan (bad thing for me).  Without meeting Logan she wouldn't have met his family and she wouldn't have gotten the internship (bad thing).  But if she never got the internship for Mr. Huntzberger, she would have never quit college (good thing).

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Saying goodbye is saying I love you.   - Headliners for life.

Rory: Asher Flemming is dead.
Marty: In bed?
Rory: No
Marty: Damn, I lost the pool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: