GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 10:15:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yale Daily News  (Read 41452 times)
jinglesosborne
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 01:44:13 pm »

Best thing is, the minor characters on GG are some of the most fun - often they're more fascinating than the main characters on other shows!  Though they have bit parts or are often parts of subplots, the actors tend to bring a lot to the screen, and as a result, become memorable.  While I applaud the writing of the show, the acting is also pivotal - after all, even the best line falls flat if the actor is subpar.  I, for one, can't tell a joke to save my life.

NATALIE (to Lorelai): You have your mothers wit.
EMILY: Sometimes I wish shed give it back.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 01:34:40 pm »

Hello Forum-goers,

Devon Michaels, aka Yale Daily News staffer Bill on the show, was kind enough to provide GilmoreGirls.org with an interview.  I just put it online and it's a really good read for all who are interested.  Everyone should definitely check it out.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Kukalaka
Inn Owner

Community Points: 349

~ Fanny ~

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 01:47:04 pm »

Thanks, Heidi, the interview was pretty interesting. Smiley I really liked the thing about the yo-yo.  Cheesy

~ Foodie ~ Teacher's Pet ~
Survivor of the GG Drinking Game
sternen-nest
Town Selectman

Community Points: 241

[ katrin ]

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 03:55:37 pm »

The interview was really interesting and nice to read, too. Grin
Thanks Devon and Heidi!
Devon, I didnt see you post in a while, are you still active? (Of course wed all love you to be - its just so cool to have a GG actor among us.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:56:59 pm by sternen-nest » Logged

Chocolate Club Member ~ DW at heart! [/tt]
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 04:08:01 pm »

THANKS so much Adam & Devon! Heidi you also rock! (I'm going to read the interview now, will post comments right after!)

That was an incredible and geninue interview, so awesome!  I learned so much!

[email protected]:  What role did you have on Numb3rs?  It's a favorite of mine!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 04:23:00 pm by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
MonkeyKid
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 04:43:45 pm »

I really enjoy it when the ORG does interviews.  It's interesting to read about the inner-workings of the show and learn a little more about the actors involved in Gilmore Land.  Thank you Devon and Heidi for bringing it to us.
Also, it's cool that Devon graduated from Yale and now plays a student who goes there.  I'm glad that the Gilmore crew went to such great lengths to make the Yale sets look so real.   

-MK
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 10:22:11 pm »

Hey there -

Yeah, I'm still around.  Got really busy for a while and that gave me the flu for the last week or so.  But I'm on the mend, and Heidi did such a great job getting the interview together, so the 'ORG' is naturally back on my radar.
Thanks for askin'!

- Devon

The interview was really interesting and nice to read, too. Grin
Thanks Devon and Heidi!
Devon, I didnt see you post in a while, are you still active? (Of course wed all love you to be - its just so cool to have a GG actor among us.)
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 10:30:44 pm »

Thanks!  I wasn't sure if I was going into too much detail and boring everyone.  My head was a little foggy from cold medication (just getting over the flu).

...I was on Numb3rs about halfway through last season.  Played a college student named Malone who got kicked out of school for cheating.  The kid that turned me in ended up dead, so I was a suspect that Rob Morrow had to interrogate.  It was fun.  We shot at USC.  My character was kind of obnoxious, so one of the lines was pretty funny:  "Am I a murder suspect?  That's actually kinda cool."

- Devon

THANKS so much Adam & Devon! Heidi you also rock! (I'm going to read the interview now, will post comments right after!)

That was an incredible and geninue interview, so awesome! I learned so much!

[email protected]: What role did you have on Numb3rs? It's a favorite of mine!
sternen-nest
Town Selectman

Community Points: 241

[ katrin ]

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 03:38:07 am »

Hey there -

Yeah, I'm still around. Got really busy for a while and that gave me the flu for the last week or so. But I'm on the mend, and Heidi did such a great job getting the interview together, so the 'ORG' is naturally back on my radar.
Thanks for askin'!

- Devon

Sure thing! Grin Im glad that you got over the flu and that you are back with us. And the interview really wasnt boring at all.
When was the last time you were on the GG set? And are you 'on board' for the next season, too? Or is that too early to ask?

Chocolate Club Member ~ DW at heart! [/tt]
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 07:01:41 pm »

My last time shooting was April 3rd, for "Driving Miss Gilmore" (second-to-last episode).  I was really tired that day, so of all my episodes I feel most critical of that performance.  It was the day after Daylight Savings, and so the already early 6:30am call time felt more like 5:30.  Plus I'm generally a night owl anyway.  I slugged through it and stayed professional (I hope), but sometimes it's near impossible to fight all signs of sleep deprivation.

No official word yet on next season.  But I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have more plans for me, with Rory being the editor now and all, and my character already somewhat established.  I figure it's gotta be easier to just call me (and/or the other current Newsers) than to cast and establish a whole new batch of co-workers for her.  It'll probably be at least another month before I hear.

Hey there -

Yeah, I'm still around. Got really busy for a while and that gave me the flu for the last week or so. But I'm on the mend, and Heidi did such a great job getting the interview together, so the 'ORG' is naturally back on my radar.
Thanks for askin'!

- Devon

Sure thing! Grin Im glad that you got over the flu and that you are back with us. And the interview really wasnt boring at all.
When was the last time you were on the GG set? And are you 'on board' for the next season, too? Or is that too early to ask?
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 07:14:32 pm »

Good luck!  I hope you're back on b/c I like how we feel like we've got an 'in' to the show.  & Don't worry your interview wasn't boring @ all!  I like how detailed you were and I felt special that Heidi picked one of my questions.  I've seen almost all of Numb3rs and I wish I remembered it better.   I'm going to have to remember that episode for the re-runs!  Please don't forget your minor friends here on the ORG that idolize the show you're on.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006, 06:03:26 pm »

It is definitely interesting! personally, I think all interviews are interesting. It's neat that you actually take time to come here and I appreciate the interview.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 05:06:19 pm »

Cool, we have an actual member of the cast in the forum! I just read the interview (interesting questions, very interesting anwers!).

So Devonl, did you have to learn how to talk fast for the show?

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 05:17:08 pm »

yeah, taht's a good question. I can talk fast sometimes, but I have a little problem with anounciation. I stumble. Did you have problems with that at first?

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Bill-atYDN
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2006, 02:07:31 pm »

Enunciating and talking fast has been easy for me for as long as I can remember really.  Probably because I started acting so early and got good stage training right away.
What I did have to learn for the show was exactly HOW fast they actually wanted it.  I thought I read the scene pretty fast when I first auditioned a few years ago, but I must've been a bit off.

Cool, we have an actual member of the cast in the forum! I just read the interview (interesting questions, very interesting anwers!).

So Devonl, did you have to learn how to talk fast for the show?

yeah, taht's a good question. I can talk fast sometimes, but I have a little problem with anounciation. I stumble. Did you have problems with that at first?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: